linkr

Luka Dončić 2018-2019 Season Outlook

basketball-wise, so-so day for our Luka magic..

cDuUU71.png

he missed (ball rimmed out) couple of his patented step back 3s against Draymond and Klay during clutch time.

I think he was @ 57.1 FG% sometime in the Q4 before missing 4 or 5 shots rest of the way

I think it was a clutch decision when Carlisle decided to put in Luka Doncic for Devin Harris who was doing a 5-0 mini run on Shaun Livingston with around 4 mins to go

He had to do it though because Iguodala and Klay were coming in. Personally, I would have subbed out Jaylen Brunson and see Devin Harris couple more possessions

They still had a chance in the final possession, but H Barnes tried to do it by himself and turned the ball over.

Compared to DSJ incident though, Luka helped Barnes get up  the floor vs him complaining to Carlises about DSJ

2 minutes ago, wisegeeks said:

basketball-wise, so-so day for our Luka magic..

cDuUU71.png

he missed (ball rimmed out) couple of his patented step back 3s against Draymond and Klay during clutch time.

I think he was @ 57.1 FG% sometime in the Q4 before missing 4 or 5 shots rest of the way

I think it was a clutch decision when Carlisle decided to put in Luka Doncic for Devin Harris who was doing a 5-0 mini run on Shaun Livingston with around 4 mins to go

He had to do it though because Iguodala and Klay were coming in. Personally, I would have subbed out Jaylen Brunson and see Devin Harris couple more possessions

They still had a chance in the final possession, but H Barnes tried to do it by himself and turned the ball over.

Compared to DSJ incident though, Luka helped Barnes get up  the floor vs him complaining to Carlises about DSJ

Same. I dont know what the hell Brunsons was still doing out there. Maybe other than developmental reasons

7 minutes ago, ellejamil said:

Same. I dont know what the hell Brunsons was still doing out there. Maybe other than developmental reasons

^ Brunson is a tough kid and is more solid in defense than Devin Harris. 

6 minutes ago, a-rob said:

Luka is very very good, but also over-hyped in fantasy. NBA has their social media accounts man crushing all over Luka, that's why he is going to start the All-Star game. For fantasy purposes, Ayton is ranked much higher than Luka- this while playing without a true PG who can get him the ball consistently. and JJJ is also ranked higher than him despite the much lower mins and usage rate.

Luka is special, will make many All NBA teams, but he is also being shoved down our throats too much

^ He fits quite well with my team. I have Giannis and Westbrook

I think Mavs should try to play Brunson/Harris/Doncic at the end, but that required to pull out Barnes and Rick didn`t have enough courage for that. Finney-Smith did excellent job against KD and DJ was there for the rebounds, so Doncic for Barnes was the right change. Harris was hot and Brunson played with maybe the best hustle in on both ends and with that lineup they would move the ball quicklier, which is very important against GSW. Barnes and DSJ don`t fit well at all in this team and at least 1 of them should be traded before the deadline.

19 hours ago, ellejamil said:

"Me, earlier: I'm behind 4 3s and 2% in FG and I only have Doncic as my reliable 3pt shooter so maybe I'll just play Nurkic and sit Luka"

image.png.a184a2e555237dafad936978c2a8cb18.png

way to jinx it lmao 

All you dummies laughing at me for saying Otto was better than Luka in 9cat lmaoo y'all are absolute rookies just like Luka. Where's that chud bum at ? You guys see a man put in work on the box score for a month and go crazy. Y'all are s--- , fu<k these forums , it's filled wit bums

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Simsanityy179 said:

All you dummies laughing at me for saying Otto was better than Luka in 9cat lmaoo y'all are absolute rookies just like Luka. Where's that chud bum at ? You guys see a man put in work on the box score for a month and go crazy. Y'all are s--- , fu<k these forums , it's filled wit bums

First off, chill. This is a forum where we drop statistics and opinions backed by facts to prove points and learn. No need to curse and throw out insults. 

Luka vs Otto last 30 days average

Luka: 21.9/7.1/5.9 w/ 2.7 3s a game 1.2 steals 2.8 TOs on 42% shooting

Otto: 16.8/5.8/1.4 w/ 2.3 3s a game and 1.7 steals and 1.3  TO on 47% shooting

Otto definitely has him in efficiency and this is the core reason why Luka isn't climbing ranks faster. He needs to improve his FG% and get those TO down. Otto has always been extremely efficient and that's a huge part of his fantasy value. That said, in a playoff game where I'm losing points/boards/assists by a close margin I'm playing Luka because he has the ability to "stuff the stat sheet" in a game more than Otto does. You will get larger lines out of Luka which is useful in H2H but steady consistency goes to Otto where he lacks the ability to go for huge games. They're close in fantasy and it really depends on your league as the cats are 4-5 in Otto's favor.

2 hours ago, Simsanityy179 said:

f--- fantasy, real life basketball wise Luka ***** on that overpaid bum Otto

2 hours ago, Simsanityy179 said:

Lucsa's numbers the last 30 days dwarf Otto's in just about every cat across the board beside his percentages and TO's as pointed out in the above post. Your the type of guy that would rather own Eric Bledsoe over  Russ Westbrook and that's cute and all but you aren't winning anything building a team like that unless everyone else in your league builds a team the same way as you which is odd and shows zero imagination if that is the case. I get you are in a Roto league but you literally don't need to own low turnover, high percentage guys to win. Treating guys like Luca, Westy etc. in roto leagues like they are the plague is taking the fun out of fantasy basketball. Be creative and go the opposite way and be dominant in the popcorn stats, just a thought. I have played in my fair share of roto leagues and there are ways to win both ways. 

Edited by chud12
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, PSA10Collector said:

Nice bounce back game with 32 points 8 rebounds and 8 assist. Euro LeBron

Best rookie of all time. A literal basketball god

Edited by richg24
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, emperikal said:

Not happy with the triple double then? -_-

that's WAY before the triple double

I know.. it was the end of the third quarter. Just saying you gotta take the good with the bad. He was trying to hit the buzzer beater and got blocked and jacked it again

Another monster game from the kid though. Career high 35-12-10 :wub:

Edited by emperikal

Thought DSJ coming back would affect him but it hasn’t at all, seems like their minutes are getting staggered a little which helps the nightly LeBron type statlines to roll on :wub:

On 9/30/2018 at 7:41 PM, chud12 said:

Realistic projections, 16/6 with two 3's per maybe and real inconsistent to get there. I just can't see that being 4-6 round value. And I am being kind of the projection.

Glad I didn’t listen to myself and took the risk 3 days later lol.  Always nice pulling up some garbage u said months back.  😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Glad I didn’t listen to myself and took the risk 3 days later lol.  Always nice pulling up some garbage u said months back.  😂

I was 15-5-5 with 2 3's in 43% shooting. So glad to be wrong.

• Like 1

I was excited to draft the kid after seeing what he’s been doing in Europe against grown men. My league said I reached for him in 8round lol but I did not think he would be putting up these kinda lines at all. This kid is gonna be exciting to watch for years to come.