Jaw1

Targets in Rounds 4-7

4 hours ago, taobball said:

He had 12 Targets in the playoff game and I personally believe would still be likely to see more targets than Funchess or Moore if he were healthy for a full 16 games, which puts his volume at an incredibly rare place IMO. McCaffery factors in, but not enough to take Olsen from where he was.

Not sure what you're not understanding about it.

McCaffrey + Moore + Funchess = more competition for targets than Olsen has ever had. 

Of course it takes away from Olsen that McCaffrey specializes in pass catching.  He had 113 targets last season.

3 hours ago, RMJ_12 said:

McCaffrey + Moore + Funchess = more competition for targets than Olsen has ever had. 

Of course it takes away from Olsen that McCaffrey specializes in pass catching.  He had 113 targets last season.

So do you not believe there is a good chance Olsen will decrease McCaffrey's targets? Why does it automatically have to be bad for Olsen? There is a good chance that it hurts the other receiving options that Olsen is returning. 

Man I must really need to start doing research because unlike years past, I’m  honestly not seeing too many names I’m a big fan of after the 3rd round or so. 

1 hour ago, RMJ_12 said:

29 minutes ago, Breesus said:

So do you not believe there is a good chance Olsen will decrease McCaffrey's targets? Why does it automatically have to be bad for Olsen? There is a good chance that it hurts the other receiving options that Olsen is returning. 

CJ Anderson is also an upgrade over J-Stew in the short passing attack.

32 minutes ago, Breesus said:

Well aren't we basing this on Olsen's past production without McCaffrey on the team.  Otherwise, if you're basing it off of last year why would Olsen be anywhere near the 5th round?

2 hours ago, RMJ_12 said:

Well aren't we basing this on Olsen's past production without McCaffrey on the team.  Otherwise, if you're basing it off of last year why would Olsen be anywhere near the 5th round?

That’s not answering the question. So you believe there is no way that the other receiving options could be negatively effected and Cam will still throw to Olsen who he has had continued success with over his career? 

I get your points and if you believe that all of these changes on offense are going to hurt Olsen that makes sense. I believe that Cam will get Olsen his looks like he has done their whole career together. With changes in WR and RB the one remaining constant is Olsen, who they just resigned so they obviously have a plan for him. I think all the other pieces will have their big games, but the one constant that Cam trusts and has a history of success with on this offense is his TE. 

I just think he has a very safe floor and with some luck on TD’s he has top 3 upside, and basing off of all the gambles in the 4th-6th round that we’ve discusssed on this forum I believe he is a very safe pick.

3 hours ago, bgar15 said:

Man I must really need to start doing research because unlike years past, I’m  honestly not seeing too many names I’m a big fan of after the 3rd round or so. 

Gordon

Watson

Delanie Walker/Kyle Rudolph is a start

3 hours ago, Breesus said:

That’s not answering the question. So you believe there is no way that the other receiving options could be negatively effected and Cam will still throw to Olsen who he has had continued success with over his career? 

You're asking why McCaffrey's targets can't all come at the expense of the recievers and Greg Olsen's targets stay the same?

I don't quite understand why you would.

7 hours ago, RMJ_12 said:

Its some competition, but in gross number I realistically don’t expect it to be that much different. If Olsen is healthy he’s still going to be the #1 read on more plays than most TEs for Newton

Edited by taobball
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, taobball said:

Love Sanders. I want him in every draft at the current price. 

I checked the 2017 thread for him (there is no 2018 thread yet, as per usual) but I see mostly complaining there. He is 33, but on the other hand, he does have a QB now.

Edited by Boudewijn

4 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

I checked the 2017 thread for him (there is no 2018 thread yet, as per usual) but I see mostly complaining there.

QB / Offense has a lot to do with that dichotomy IMO.

15 hours ago, taobball said:

Love Sanders. I want him in every draft at the current price. 

15 hours ago, Red Sox Nation said:

- Emmanuel Sanders. I cannot believe he's going in the middle of round 7. I'd happily spend a 6th on him. He's my biggest target. He should kick to the slot more in 3-wr set (Sutton, DT outside). I see him being a favorite target of Keenum regardless. IMO only a large touchdown gap would keep him from out-scoring DT this year. I think he'll cruise past 70 rec, 900 yards with the upside for more. 

2 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

I checked the 2017 thread for him (there is no 2018 thread yet, as per usual) but I see mostly complaining there. He is 33, but on the other hand, he does have a QB now.

Sanders’ ADP is currently 93.3. If he plays 16 games, he’s a guarantee to exceed (explode) his cost with 1000+ yards / 5-8 TDs. It’s so clear and clearly insane, and he’s leagues more talented than the players going near him. 

But my concern regards his health. He’s 31, and although has not recently missed a significant amount of games (other than last season), he’s accumulating aches and pains and injuries at a disproportionately high level, and these nagging health issues greatly affect his performance. I don’t see Sanders making it through 16 games.

Looking ahead, the question seems to be, Who will see the increase in targets when Sanders sits? Who will become an amazing get off the waiver? Or, who is that late round stash in leagues with deep enough benches? 

Sutton? Hamilton? Butt?

Guesswork until we see some preseason... and luckily for us—finally—that starts next week...

Dec 14, 2017 NFL Pedal Ankle Bruise  Sanders suffered a bone bruise in his right ankle against the Colts in Week 15 and missed the final 2 games.
Oct 15, 2017 NFL Pedal Ankle Sprain Grade 2 Sanders sprained his right ankle in the 3rd quarter of Week 6 and missed the following 2 games.
Nov 15, 2015 NFL Hand Finger Sprain/Pull Unspecified Sanders sprained a finger and missed the next game, though the high ankle sprain might have caused that.
Nov 8, 2015 NFL Pedal Ankle (high) Sprain Grade 3 Sanders sprained his left ankle against the Colts. He played on it in Week 10 but left that game early -- with other issues -- and then sat out Week 11. He later revealed it was a high-ankle sprain.
Oct 18, 2015 NFL Shoulder A/C Joint Sprain Sanders sprained the A/C joint in his left shoulder but was able to play through the injury.
Aug 6, 2015 NFL Thigh Hamstring Strain Grade 2 Sanders pulled his right hamstring and sat out the entire preseason. He returned for Week 1.
Nov 16, 2014 NFL Head Cranial Concussion Grade 1 Sanders got a concussion after he took a huge hit in Week 11. He was able to make it back the following week.
Nov 2, 2014 NFL Chest Rib Bruise Sanders was taken out of the game after taking a big hit. He was examined and diagnosed with a bruised rib then returned to the game.
Aug 4, 2014 NFL Thigh Hamstring Sprain/Pull Unspecified Grade 1 Sanders sustained a "slight" right thigh strain and missed some preseason time.
Dec 22, 2013 NFL Knee Patella Sprain Sanders left the Week 16 matchup at halftime with a patella sprain and missed the remainder of the game but was able to return to practice.
Dec 16, 2012 NFL Chest Rib Fracture Sanders cracked a rib in Week 15 and left the game in the 3rd quarter. He did not miss the following week's game, though.
Dec 6, 2011 NFL Pedal Foot Sanders missed 3 games with inflammation in his surgically repaired right foot.
Oct 30, 2011 NFL Knee Meniscus Tear Sanders needed arthroscopic surgery to repair his left meniscus. He missed 2 games and then returned after the Week 11 bye.
Aug 1, 2011 NFL Pedal Foot Sanders had bone marrow and calcium injected into his previously repaired left foot to promote healing. He missed the 1st 3 preseason games.
Apr 4, 2011 NFL Pedal Foot Fracture Sanders had surgery in April after developing a stress fracture in his left foot.
Feb 6, 2011 NFL Pedal Foot Fracture Sanders broke a bone in his right foot in the 2nd quarter of the Super Bowl loss to the Packers and required surgery.
Sep 15, 2010 NFL Leg Quad Bruise Sanders lost 3 games to a quad injury that he admitted was worse than he initially believed. He returned after the Week 5 bye.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, taobball said:

Its some competition, but in gross number I realistically don’t expect it to be that much different. If Olsen is healthy he’s still going to be the #1 read on more plays than most TEs for Newton

Thank you that’s all I’m trying to say, I think Olsen returning could hurt McCaffrey’s and the other WR’s numbers more than they will effect Olsen’s role in this offense. 

5 hours ago, cohenstantinople said:

Sanders’ ADP is currently 93.3. If he plays 16 games, he’s a guarantee to exceed (explode) his cost with 1000+ yards / 5-8 TDs. It’s so clear and clearly insane, and he’s leagues more talented than the players going near him. 

But my concern regards his health. He’s 31, and although has not recently missed a significant amount of games (other than last season), he’s accumulating aches and pains and injuries at a disproportionately high level, and these nagging health issues greatly affect his performance. I don’t see Sanders making it through 16 games.

Looking ahead, the question seems to be, Who will see the increase in targets when Sanders sits? Who will become an amazing get off the waiver? Or, who is that late round stash in leagues with deep enough benches? 

Sutton? Hamilton? Butt?

Guesswork until we see some preseason... and luckily for us—finally—that starts next week...

Dec 14, 2017 NFL Pedal Ankle Bruise  Sanders suffered a bone bruise in his right ankle against the Colts in Week 15 and missed the final 2 games.
Oct 15, 2017 NFL Pedal Ankle Sprain Grade 2 Sanders sprained his right ankle in the 3rd quarter of Week 6 and missed the following 2 games.
Nov 15, 2015 NFL Hand Finger Sprain/Pull Unspecified Sanders sprained a finger and missed the next game, though the high ankle sprain might have caused that.
Nov 8, 2015 NFL Pedal Ankle (high) Sprain Grade 3 Sanders sprained his left ankle against the Colts. He played on it in Week 10 but left that game early -- with other issues -- and then sat out Week 11. He later revealed it was a high-ankle sprain.
Oct 18, 2015 NFL Shoulder A/C Joint Sprain Sanders sprained the A/C joint in his left shoulder but was able to play through the injury.
Aug 6, 2015 NFL Thigh Hamstring Strain Grade 2 Sanders pulled his right hamstring and sat out the entire preseason. He returned for Week 1.
Nov 16, 2014 NFL Head Cranial Concussion Grade 1 Sanders got a concussion after he took a huge hit in Week 11. He was able to make it back the following week.
Nov 2, 2014 NFL Chest Rib Bruise Sanders was taken out of the game after taking a big hit. He was examined and diagnosed with a bruised rib then returned to the game.
Aug 4, 2014 NFL Thigh Hamstring Sprain/Pull Unspecified Grade 1 Sanders sustained a "slight" right thigh strain and missed some preseason time.
Dec 22, 2013 NFL Knee Patella Sprain Sanders left the Week 16 matchup at halftime with a patella sprain and missed the remainder of the game but was able to return to practice.
Dec 16, 2012 NFL Chest Rib Fracture Sanders cracked a rib in Week 15 and left the game in the 3rd quarter. He did not miss the following week's game, though.
Dec 6, 2011 NFL Pedal Foot Sanders missed 3 games with inflammation in his surgically repaired right foot.
Oct 30, 2011 NFL Knee Meniscus Tear Sanders needed arthroscopic surgery to repair his left meniscus. He missed 2 games and then returned after the Week 11 bye.
Aug 1, 2011 NFL Pedal Foot Sanders had bone marrow and calcium injected into his previously repaired left foot to promote healing. He missed the 1st 3 preseason games.
Apr 4, 2011 NFL Pedal Foot Fracture Sanders had surgery in April after developing a stress fracture in his left foot.
Feb 6, 2011 NFL Pedal Foot Fracture Sanders broke a bone in his right foot in the 2nd quarter of the Super Bowl loss to the Packers and required surgery.
Sep 15, 2010 NFL Leg Quad Bruise Sanders lost 3 games to a quad injury that he admitted was worse than he initially believed. He returned after the Week 5 bye.

How is he leagues more talented than Edelman/C. Davis/Landry?

52 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

How is he leagues more talented than Edelman/C. Davis/Landry?

Who said anything about Edelman/Davis/Landry?

I believe your ADP information is out-of-date. Try hitting “refresh”.

Here’s FantasyPros from this morning:

88 Cooper Kupp LAR (12) 

WR35 88 70 112 102 106 82   93.3
89 Chris Thompson WAS (4) 

RB35 77 115 105 72 97 94   93.3
90 Emmanuel Sanders DEN(10) 

WR36 92 122 82 88 91 85   93.3
91 Andrew Luck IND (9) 

QB11 91 79 100 105 86 109   95.0
92 Rex Burkhead NE (11) 

RB36 71 136 79 87 107 96   96.0
93 Jamaal Williams GB (7) 

RB37 72 108 87 101 117 91   96.0
94 Isaiah Crowell NYJ (11) 

RB38 95 117 94 84 100 90   96.7
95 Trey Burton CHI (5) 

TE10 89 96 84 89 128 95   96.8
96 Randall Cobb GB (7) 

WR37 86 98 96 106 105 99   98.3
97 Jamison Crowder WAS (4) 

WR38 105 89 113 82 110 93   98.7
98 Devante Parker MIA (11) 

WR39 122 82 106 94 108 88   ...

I use FFC, they have him in the 7th around all those guys I said.

Where's the Brandon Cooks train?

Yahoo has him wr24.  I think he could beat that by a bit.  Would love him at the end of the 5th

Just did a Standard non-ppr mock on Yahoo. 

Rounds 5-7 is just a waste land. 

I am am on board with Sanders. 

He’s sort of like the Josh Gordon of the 7th round: huge upside for the price but as Cohenstantinople pointed out, some health and I would add QB risk there.

my biggest problem in round 4-7 in standard non-ppr is I don’t see a huge difference in the RBs available in these rounds and some of the ones in later rounds. MarlonMack vs CJ Anderson? R Jones vs J Williams? R Birkhead v K Johnson? Is there tea 3-4 rounds of difference there? Yuck 

On 7/27/2018 at 11:02 AM, dmb3684 said:

I use FFC, they have him in the 7th around all those guys I said.

My bad. I do usually use several sites and make my own composite. (Though, FFC has Landry / Davis one round earlier.) Here's FFC today: 

80 7.06 Jordy Nelson WR OAK 7 77.8 8.2 5.01 8.09 128
81 7.08 Tarik Cohen RB CHI 5 79.6 10.4 2.11 9.07 144
82 7.09 Emmanuel Sanders WR DEN 10 80.8 8.7 4.03 9.05 183
83 7.10 Devin Funchess WR CAR 4 82.2 7.5 5.03 9.01 184
84 7.11 Julian Edelman WR NE 11 83.3 8.7 4.12 9.04 193

While "leagues" apart from these guys might seem hyperbolic, the choice is clear for me: Nelson has too many question marks regarding age / new team (and QB), Tarik regarding usage, Funchess regarding talent (IMO) and target share, and Edelman with suspension (and IMO talent). Sanders' question mark is health, but out of all these guys, he's the only one assured to hit 1000 yards for a 16-game season (discounting Edelman, who will not have a season).

7 hours ago, FreakFries said:

Just did a Standard non-ppr mock on Yahoo. 

Rounds 5-7 is just a waste land. 

I am am on board with Sanders. 

He’s sort of like the Josh Gordon of the 7th round: huge upside for the price but as Cohenstantinople pointed out, some health and I would add QB risk there.

my biggest problem in round 4-7 in standard non-ppr is I don’t see a huge difference in the RBs available in these rounds and some of the ones in later rounds. MarlonMack vs CJ Anderson? R Jones vs J Williams? R Birkhead v K Johnson? Is there tea 3-4 rounds of difference there? Yuck 

Couldn't agree more on rounds 5 through 7...there have to be some steals waiting to be had here...

1 hour ago, FootyFan said:

Couldn't agree more on rounds 5 through 7...there have to be some steals waiting to be had here...

Examples?

I know Corey Davis is an obvious answer but he had a TON of targets last year and did zip with them. He’s more a dart throw than a value pick. Actually this is the problem I have with these rounds - lots of upside dart throws but not a lot of established value. 

I am also talking about standard not ppr

2 minutes ago, CharlieWhitehurst said:

I love my Steelers, but isn't Juju going in the 4th round a little too aggressive?

I think so. 

Targets: AB>L Bell> Ju Ju

On 26/7/2018 at 8:30 PM, handyandy86 said:

I like the value of both Rudolph and Delanie Walker in the 6th/7th range at TE. 

Me too, but this is sort of the worst kept secret, and by now I'm not surprised to see them go in the 5th round or early (ADP is around 65 for both). Annd everybody treats them as siamese twins, so when one goes, the next goes a couple picks later too. Just saying, don't expect these to fall to you in the 7th.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Boudewijn said:

Me too, but this is sort of the worst kept secret, and by now I'm not surprised to see them go in the 5th round or early (ADP is around 65 for both). Annd everybody treats them as siamese twins, so when one goes, the next goes a couple picks later too. Just saying, don't expect these to fall to you in the 7th.

Agreed, the mid-range TE's don't seem to follow a strict ADP so much as once one domino falls, they all do.  It can work the other way too, though.  In a recent money league draft everyone was playing TE-chicken, holding off taking the next one after the top 3.  I finally ended up taking Olsen at the 6/7 turn (pick 72), and then Graham, Walker, Rudolph, Engram, and Reed all went in the next 10 picks.  

I'd say with these guys just read the draft room.  If Olsen and Graham are still on the board then you have time.  Once those guys come off the board though, be ready to take Walker or Rudolph with one of your next picks.

• Like 3