jay14bay

Brook Lopez 2018-2018 Season Outlook

After tonight’s performance he’s up to 5th in the league in blocks at 2.1 per. Ahead of the likes of Gobert, Embiid, Towns and Capela. I believe several people earlier in the year said there was a snowball’s chance in hell he’d have more than 1.5 blocks. Well the devil is getting mighty cold down there! 

Edited by Purple Hippo
  • Like 1

and his 2.4 3pm are good for 14th in the league, tied with likes of Beal, Barnes and ahead of Gallo, LBJ, Middleton, Booker...

• Like 1

His third best category - turnovers at a minuscule 1 per game - makes him such a sweet addition on a punt-assists H2H team.  Go Brolo.

He sucked for only one week this season -- the only week I owned him and then traded him away for chump change

Brook Lopez has certainly been a pleasant surprise for a 10th round #100 pick. Never expected more than 5rebs and 18pts per game but to average 2.5treys, 4rebs, 2.1blks and 12.1pts .... very nice.

i believe he is single handedly winning the blocks cat for me as i have only towns and richaun, randle, gibson as my other centers

Nothing but good things I’m hearing about BroLo. Love coming to the threads when your on the fence about acquiring a player. Lopez may be just what I need to round out my bigs. Having a C that can shoot threes and block shots helps when your matched up against the Embiid’s, KAT’s, Joker and AD out there. 

6 hours ago, fantasm said:

i believe he is single handedly winning the blocks cat for me as i have only towns and richaun, randle, gibson as my other centers

dude i have ad and myles, and i thought i could trade brook away safely since i thought i didnt need his blocks. dead wrong. i went from leading every week to having some people getting more than me. it's really annoying.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, squidthunder said:

He honestly gets added/dropped a few times in my league. Owners get frustrated with the odd dud

Top 50 guy available on your wire constantly eh? 6 team league? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Simsanityy179 said:

Absolutely love this guy , would anybody here consider trading him for Clint Capela?  In a h2h league ( considering you're 1st place )

I wouldn't if you are in first. They are very different players. Brook gets you elite 3s, is healthy and doesn't force you to punt FT%. Capela obviously has a huge advantage in the traditional big man categories like FG% and boards but averages slightly less blocks.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jdub576 said:

A dud has gotta be coming soon right?? :/

tenor.gif?itemid=9945439

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Some good nuggets in the latest roto world article:

While his point total hasn’t been as high as I would have suspected, he’s scoring in all the right ways for fantasy owners, as he’s knocking down a career-high 2.5 triples per game. Better yet, Brook has been a beast around the rim, swatting a career-high tying 2.1 shots a night.

Lopez has been especially aggressive on defense recently. He’s blocked at least three shots in six of Milwaukee’s last eight games and is averaging 3.5 rejections per contest over that eight-game stretch.

This rare ability to stretch the floor on one end and protect the paint has Lopez on pace to accomplish a feat that the league hasn’t yet seen. Per Basketball-Reference, he is on pace to become the first player in NBA history to average more than two blocks and more than two made 3-pointers per game over the course of a full season.

Factor in the solid percentages, including over 80 percent from the free-throw stripe, and it’s easy to see why Lopez has vastly outproduced his ADP and is returning fourth-round value.

Traded Brolo last week for Hield and Nance in my roto league. Pulled the trigger as I was dominant in blocks (thanks largely to Brolo) and needed a boost in points. Bittersweet day for me as I've probably been Brolo's biggest supporter on these boards. I've no doubt he will continue to beast it all year and make all his many doubters continue to look foolish. 

Edited by Purple Hippo
  • Like 3

Just dropping by to show this dude some love. Own him on both my roto teams....key piece to those teams being successful thus far. The triples and blocks are just so sexy.

• Like 2

BroLo is one of my most satisfying players. Simply plug and play. No crazy lines as those from AD, Curry or Harden but dude just goes about his business and by the end of the week he is a big contributor to 3pts and block totals.  The Bucks system and teammates are perfect for his game and if the roster remains the same for next season, I will happily draft him again.  Thanks Bro.

Just giving a credit where credit is due.

I honestly don't know if I want  Brook to hit 3s (less blocks) or miss them. (block party).  Good thing that Lakers did not want him :D