DLove

Jonathon Isaac 2018-2019 Season Outlook

There are way better stocks players than him.  Last year I had the same kind of expectations for him, and he's basically the same again this year.  Just needs to have his ankles fixed like Steph's were.  Surgery and fix movements.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, vnmslsrbms said:

There are way better stocks players than him.  Last year I had the same kind of expectations for him, and he's basically the same again this year.  Just needs to have his ankles fixed like Steph's were.  Surgery and fix movements.

Not ones that you can find on the WW that is gonna give you what Isaac will even in a 25 min role. Just needs to be consistent.

2 hours ago, Eltoro said:

I do focus on build and am still trying to grapple with his value. For example, if you punt both percentages and still use a per-36 minute value to account for his low minutes, he is still only ranked 191st. Punt both percentages and points and he is ranked 145th. 

So I think maybe the numbers are telling us something. I think usage or opportunity or a change in position needs to open up for him in order to unlock more value.  

Granted it is early, but Clifford notoriously dislikes rookies and has Simmons/Ross to turn to if he isn't getting enough out of Isaac.

You are answering your own question with your responses. If you want context read through the thread. He has been on a minutes limit the entire year because of the ankle injury in the preseason and he just rolled it again. This sprain was unlucky since he landed on Boban's foot. But it really sounds like you know the answer to your question and for you it is probably best to move on and find value or potential upside elsewhere. 

3 hours ago, thezing1 said:

You are answering your own question with your responses. If you want context read through the thread. He has been on a minutes limit the entire year because of the ankle injury in the preseason and he just rolled it again. This sprain was unlucky since he landed on Boban's foot. But it really sounds like you know the answer to your question and for you it is probably best to move on and find value or potential upside elsewhere. 

I was honestly looking for an explanation of how his hype came to manifest. I love steals and blocks as much as anyone, but H2H is a nine-cat game (or at least it is for me). 

I went back and read through the thread and it appears that you may be pot committed. I wish you the best of luck and hope that Isaac comes through for you.

1 hour ago, Walk with me said:

Can’t believe people are still holding out... what game will you guys pull the plug?

I pulled tho plug after game 2. No regrets and he's been sitting on the wire ever since 

• Thanks 1

I scanned through his game log last year and he had flashes. Didn’t play even half the season and now he’s starting off marred with inconsistency.

been playing this game a very long time with these stocks guys...Eddie griffin, Darius miles etc

is Jonathan Isaac the same guy?

2 hours ago, jim james said:

I scanned through his game log last year and he had flashes.

What flashes?

He played 27 games last year and scored 10+ points in only three of them.  Only grabbed more than 7 boards once.

Like..yeah, he'll block a few shots, but this guy is not ready to be an NBA-level contributor yet.

I said it in the pre-season, I said it weeks ago, and I'm saying it again.  This guy aint it.  

1 hour ago, alexstr said:

What flashes?

He played 27 games last year and scored 10+ points in only three of them.  Only grabbed more than 7 boards once.

Like..yeah, he'll block a few shots, but this guy is not ready to be an NBA-level contributor yet.

I said it in the pre-season, I said it weeks ago, and I'm saying it again.  This guy aint it.  

From a stocks perspective, he had some decent games here and there but no consistency. Same looks to be true this year.

but there are always guys like this with the same story, some pan out and others don’t.

One of the more bafflingly overhyped players coming into the season. He's been sitting on my wire and no one's touched him. He needs a full youth movement in Orlando to provide any meaningful value. 

He's only a hold right now in 14 teams or deeper. As of now he's holding your roster spot hostage as you possibly missed out on 1/1/1 players like Danny Green. 

29 minutes ago, brosephd said:

He's only a hold right now in 14 teams or deeper. As of now he's holding your roster spot hostage as you possibly missed out on 1/1/1 players like Danny Green. 

This is really simple...if you held to this point it is obvious you missed out on opportunities. Right? I mean it doesn't get more obvious than that. But to make claims like a Danny Green was ever available in 12 or 14 + team leagues is just being sensational. Hindsight is always 20/20. He is a luxury stash at this point in the season. We all play in different league formats. Not everyone can get Isaac back on their roster if/when he puts up a monster line. I feel like this thread has gotten to the point of kicking a dead horse. The dude is injured and isn't even playing. Again, luxury stash. Everyone who owns him is on the hustle to improve their team and everyone considering him is on the hustle. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, thezing1 said:

Not everyone can get Isaac back on their roster if/when he puts up a monster line. 

Great post from thezing1. It's really all about the excerpt quoted here. If you're in a league where you can get him back after 1-2 monster lines, or scoop him up a few games before he's activated, then well duh he should not be on your roster for any reason right now. However, if you're in a 9 cat roto legue with active and speculative managers, as I am, and know he will be scooped off waivers, and have a deep enough bench to keep him stashed, you'd be stupid to drop him. So everyone can be right, it just depends on the circumstance.

• Like 1

On 11/7/2018 at 7:02 AM, thezing1 said:

These types of questions confuse me. If you look through the thread it is pretty clear that a lot of people like his upside and fantasy potential. The dude has a 13 page thread and he hasn't played many minutes or thrown down multiple solid lines. I don't think anyone is saying he is a guaranteed breakout/candidate to turn things around. There is a chance of that happening, but it is kind of on you to decide if you think it is a JRich/Lord type chance or a Lloyd Christmas type of chance. 

"Lloyd Christmas" type of chance... pure gold my friend

ORL is playing for a playoff spot. 

He won't have high value until this team starts to tank

• Thanks 1

used my #4 waiver on him, is 10pts, 5reb, 1 3pm, 3 STKs with around 45%FG and 70%FT a good estimate for ROS if healthy? What's that, top 80-100 in standard?

He will be playing tonight and will likely be on a minutes limit.

As someone who think he could eventually turn into a good fantasy asset and a good NBA player, I wonder if there's a better fit having him play off the bench in a 6th man role.  I actually think it would be better for his value ROS playing backup 3/4/5 minutes (I think he could get 26-28 minutes a night) and have the Magic slot Terrence Ross into the starting 3 spot.  I just feel like in watching them it's hard to play Isaac/Gordon/Vuc together when one of them might be better served in a 6th man role.

• Like 1

I picked him up yesterday while he was still marked as injured, I am going to leave him on IR for a week and see his stat lines before deciding if I should drop him or someone else to  make room for him. 

hes not an offensive guy and dont think he will be for a while or until fournier and vuc is gone (vuc gone this year wont help him this season)

putting TRoss in the starting lineup over him makes literally zero sense

fournier - gordon - vuc are all HUGE usage hogs which makes isaac and his limited offensive game a perfect fit to play with them and Tross a terrible fit to play with them

look what Tross is doing as the 6th man, i know for fantasy yall think thatd be a possible lineup change but in real life it makes no sense for the Magic

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1