DLove

Jonathon Isaac 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Lol surprised there's no love for his line tonight... :P

25 minutes ago, DLove said:

He will go back to 2 points again , Vuc, now Aaron Gordon back, there’s no room for him unless a trade. Plus Orlando has a easy schedule right now. They played atl and Brooklyn this is without AG too.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/16/2019 at 8:24 AM, dfstout said:

...with this being truly his first full year so far due to injury, is there a chance that he may get it going in this half of the season and start being consistent, or is he a bust at the ripe old age of 21? Thoughts...

:ph34r:

P.S. FWIW my league hates me because I'm usually the guy that picks up an incredibly annoying dropped player and then he blows up and I laugh and they cry....

here's hoping the tradition continues...

You're welcome! Lol :ph34r:

1 hour ago, CityBaller8 said:

He will go back to 2 points again , Vuc, now Aaron Gordon back, there’s no room for him unless a trade. Plus Orlando has a easy schedule right now. They played atl and Brooklyn this is without AG too.

1 hour ago, DLove said:

Gordon played tonight and JI still produced...confidence is growing...let's just wait and see...:ph34r:

2 hours ago, yung_fetty said:

Held this wholesome boi all ******** year...

PLEASE BE REAL

I salute you sir.

It took me almost half the season with this guy as my 7th round pick (regret) to realize he's not worth holding.

I'm so tempted to jump back on the ship, but IMHO he really needs about 30 minutes and a fixed jumper (and perhaps a Vooch trade) to be worth the consistency issues.

Geez, another good outing for the fella against the Pacers:  13/13/2/2 in 31 mins.

I suppose it's time to add him wherever possible, assuming that his presumed breakout is (finally) coming into fruition.  If only he had a better playoff schedule..

1 hour ago, Nica4two said:

Geez, another good outing for the fella against the Pacers:  13/13/2/2 in 31 mins.

I suppose it's time to add him wherever possible, assuming that his presumed breakout is (finally) coming into fruition.  If only he had a better playoff schedule..

Teasing us. For him to breakout, A. Gordon needs to get traded. He's better than Gordon. Maybe things open up for him if/when Vuc gets traded.

9 minutes ago, Forever Smooth said:

Teasing us. For him to breakout, A. Gordon needs to get traded. He's better than Gordon. Maybe things open up for him if/when Vuc gets traded.

I don't think trading Vuc will have too much impact, given neither Isaac or AG are proven options to absorb those C minutes. If it happens, it will be all in on Mo Bamba.

9 minutes ago, flat_eric said:

I don't think trading Vuc will have too much impact, given neither Isaac or AG are proven options to absorb those C minutes. If it happens, it will be all in on Mo Bamba.

Offense goes through Vuc right now. Don't know if Mamba is a playmaker, but somebody gotta soak up Vuc production and that's where it'll open. Gordon I guess, but Gordon is not that dude yet. Shooting PG% is sub par. Not sure who it will be, but you gotta figure Isaac numbers will rise. And that's only if Vuc gets traded, if not it's a mute point.

Edited by Forever Smooth

1 hour ago, Forever Smooth said:

Offense goes through Vuc right now. Don't know if Mamba is a playmaker, but somebody gotta soak up Vuc production and that's where it'll open. Gordon I guess, but Gordon is not that dude yet. Shooting PG% is sub par. Not sure who it will be, but you gotta figure Isaac numbers will rise. And that's only if Vuc gets traded, if not it's a mute point.

At this stage of his career, you feature Isaac on ofense and he will be like a deer in headlights.The only way for him to be fantasy relevant this year is if Magic fully embraces the tank and plays him 35 mins. They need to just put up with his offensive ineffectiveness and keep playing him. Playing Isaac 35 minutes a game will help them lose games, so if Vooch is traded then we should so a upward trend for Isaac. 

9 points (3/6 FG 2/2 FT), 1 3PTM, 8 REB, 1 STL, 3 BLK and 2 TO at the half.

Keep it up young Groot! 

Edited by Eleqtrique

Why oh why, Isaac, do you have to have a cruddy playoff schedule?  I think I may look to pick him up (4 games next week), in hopes that he'll continue breaking out, thus serving as a potential candidate to package in a nice little trade.  

But back to reality - I'm happy to see him finally taking off, and his ROS outlook looks that much nicer considering a reasonable probability that Orlando will make some moves by the deadline.  Go get'em, Isaac.

don't want to jinx everything until this is all true on a nightly basis

5 hours ago, wisegeeks said:

don't want to jinx everything until this is all true on a nightly basis

Last 7 games : 1 three / 10 pts / 9 rbds / 1.3 st/ 1.9 blk

Do you wait for more ?

48 minutes ago, GrandGourou said:

Last 7 games : 1 three / 10 pts / 9 rbds / 1.3 st/ 1.9 blk

Do you wait for more ?

I have him on my lineup since draft day and he was on the verge of being "droppable" until the string of 7 games happened..

Throughout the season, I've learned to manage my expectations on what I can get out of him.

Truly, most Isaac owners who held for this long are just waiting for the trade deadline..

So again, I'm not overly excited about the recent increase in production.. I'm still looking at the trade deadline and hope they trade away Vooch or Gordon

• Like 1

Please trade Vucevic... The Magic (foolishly) might not be sellers because they're only 4 games back of the 8 seed.

• Like 1

On 2/3/2019 at 4:41 AM, wisegeeks said:

I have him on my lineup since draft day and he was on the verge of being "droppable" until the string of 7 games happened..

Throughout the season, I've learned to manage my expectations on what I can get out of him.

Truly, most Isaac owners who held for this long are just waiting for the trade deadline..

So again, I'm not overly excited about the recent increase in production.. I'm still looking at the trade deadline and hope they trade away Vooch or Gordon

I would agree - Not going to live up to draft day hype simply due to a problem with consistency. I dropped few weeks after season started for "a hot free agent". Since then I have picked him up/dropped atleast 8-10 times this season. Hes a good source of defensive stats Blks, Reb, steals, with 3s mixed in. So unique is why I continue to look at him on the WW. Honestly the run hes on right now is the longest ive held on roster since (1 week haha). The pickup and drop has removed alot of my personal frustrations with him and kindve love him as option for plug and play. Obviously a trade would help his ROS value, but I just dont see it happening. 

#60 ranked player last 30 days. hovering around #40 last 14 and 7 days. His game fits fantasy so well. I just wont be afraid to cut bait and pick up again week later.