DLove

Jonathon Isaac 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

On 2/15/2019 at 1:02 PM, larfboy said:

Liked Isaac's game so much recently i had to do this trade...

Traded away: Giannis, Kaminsky

Got back: Luka Doncic, Isaac, and MPJ

oh yeah..and this is a dynasty league of course.

May have bought him kinda high ...at the cost of Giannis but i like Isaac and Luka ALOT..and oh well it's all for fun and games right.

Yikes

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/15/2019 at 1:02 PM, larfboy said:

Liked Isaac's game so much recently i had to do this trade...

Traded away: Giannis, Kaminsky

Got back: Luka Doncic, Isaac, and MPJ

oh yeah..and this is a dynasty league of course.

May have bought him kinda high ...at the cost of Giannis but i like Isaac and Luka ALOT..and oh well it's all for fun and games right.

 

The hell are you doing man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Lakers_Fan2 said:

 

The hell are you doing man

 

Maybe he wants to start winning after in 3+ years and not now.

Edited by iowncrazyhair

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Lakers_Fan2 said:

 

The hell are you doing man

 

Cant hate on the trade if the guy decided to make a long term move. We have no idea if his team is built with very young talent so can’t really make a judgment. Judging a trade in a dynasty setting is impossible to do without knowing the guys team. If he had a built to win team now than it’s a bad move. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

for those interested in my roster to further criticize my trade....
SGA, D'angelo, Rondae, Cauley Stein, Doncic, Randle, Poeltl, Taurean Prince, Gary Harris, JJJ, Fultz, Isaac, Tatum, Towns, Ben Simmons, Jordan Bell, MPJ, Lonzo, and Kaminsky(picked him back up after the owner i traded him to dropped him)....so  yes my team is a young build. currently ranked 8th out of 12. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, larfboy said:

for those interested in my roster to further criticize my trade....
SGA, D'angelo, Rondae, Cauley Stein, Doncic, Randle, Poeltl, Taurean Prince, Gary Harris, JJJ, Fultz, Isaac, Tatum, Towns, Ben Simmons, Jordan Bell, MPJ, Lonzo, and Kaminsky(picked him back up after the owner i traded him to dropped him)....so  yes my team is a young build. currently ranked 8th out of 12. 

 

Love the trade for u then honestly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, larfboy said:

for those interested in my roster to further criticize my trade....
SGA, D'angelo, Rondae, Cauley Stein, Doncic, Randle, Poeltl, Taurean Prince, Gary Harris, JJJ, Fultz, Isaac, Tatum, Towns, Ben Simmons, Jordan Bell, MPJ, Lonzo, and Kaminsky(picked him back up after the owner i traded him to dropped him)....so  yes my team is a young build. currently ranked 8th out of 12. 

only like this trade if MPJ works out. Giannis is too good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Isaac was just dropped in my league and I'm trying to figure out why before adding lol what gives??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nazyef said:

Isaac was just dropped in my league and I'm trying to figure out why before adding lol what gives??

 

Because of his two game week next week I am guessing.  I am struggling with this decision too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lakers_Fan2 said:

 

Because of his two game week next week I am guessing.  I am struggling with this decision too. 

 

His upside is too high for me to drop this far in advance. I'm going to let him play this 2 games then drop on Saturday if I need to. You should be able to find someone who's playing B2B on Sat-Sun. He plays 4 games in the championship week.

Edited by justblazedawg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thinking of dropping dragic and getting Isaac in 10 team league

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suggest dropping him for next week 

 

if you keep him I’d play him out for 2 games , than drop Friday night for a hornet ( Marvin Williams , batum , zeller ) for Saturday and Sunday 

 

i instead decided to use the spot as a stream for the week 

 

mavericks have 3 games through Thursday so I picked up Brunson, going to drop him for a flier on Friday , followed by a hornet for Saturday and Sunday 

 

option 1 : 2 games of issac and 2 games of a hornet

 

option 2: 3 games of brunson, 1 game for somebody on Friday , 2 games of a hornet 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

why would you need to drop a top 90 player because he's only giving you 2 games ? you winning it should mainly depend on your top 3 players going off and getting the w. he could easily put up a 20 and 10 line with 5 stocks and its almost like he just gave you 2 games for 1 making it look like a 3 game week instead. never know either, gordon and vuce might be ruled out that week and now that 2 games is looking pretty nice. plus if you drop him and risk your opponent using him against you with that 4 game week follow up, you're going to look like a fool

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Simsanityy179 said:

I suggest dropping him for next week 

 

if you keep him I’d play him out for 2 games , than drop Friday night for a hornet ( Marvin Williams , batum , zeller ) for Saturday and Sunday 

 

i instead decided to use the spot as a stream for the week 

 

mavericks have 3 games through Thursday so I picked up Brunson, going to drop him for a flier on Friday , followed by a hornet for Saturday and Sunday 

 

option 1 : 2 games of issac and 2 games of a hornet

 

option 2: 3 games of brunson, 1 game for somebody on Friday , 2 games of a hornet 

 

Yup smart man , you always gotta maximize as many games as you can.  And if your dropping you should drop now so you don't use an add drop next week. This is how you win playoffs honestly, well a big part of it. 

 

53 minutes ago, Daz Gervin said:

why would you need to drop a top 90 player because he's only giving you 2 games ? you winning it should mainly depend on your top 3 players going off and getting the w. he could easily put up a 20 and 10 line with 5 stocks and its almost like he just gave you 2 games for 1 making it look like a 3 game week instead. never know either, gordon and vuce might be ruled out that week and now that 2 games is looking pretty nice. plus if you drop him and risk your opponent using him against you with that 4 game week follow up, you're going to look like a fool

 

 

Because two games is too little. It's not like your getting two games from the Joker lets say. It's Isaac, and while he's a good player hes nothing crazy.  And if he has a bad game, your totally screwed, thats like getting only 1 game out of him. He plays on Wed & Fri next week, thats a hella ugly schedule. Atleast if it was Monday you could get that 1 game from him then drop. And honestly you need to worry about winning this week, and youll cross that bridge if you make it past week 1 of playoffs. Keeping him on your squad will handcuff you and do more harm then good. Unless your league has like a weekly add drop limit of 1 or 2 , instead of the usual 4 , then that might be a little different. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Daz Gervin said:

why would you need to drop a top 90 player because he's only giving you 2 games ? you winning it should mainly depend on your top 3 players going off and getting the w. he could easily put up a 20 and 10 line with 5 stocks and its almost like he just gave you 2 games for 1 making it look like a 3 game week instead. never know either, gordon and vuce might be ruled out that week and now that 2 games is looking pretty nice. plus if you drop him and risk your opponent using him against you with that 4 game week follow up, you're going to look like a fool

 

Pull yourself together, maaan.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Daz Gervin said:

why would you need to drop a top 90 player because he's only giving you 2 games ? you winning it should mainly depend on your top 3 players going off and getting the w. he could easily put up a 20 and 10 line with 5 stocks and its almost like he just gave you 2 games for 1 making it look like a 3 game week instead. never know either, gordon and vuce might be ruled out that week and now that 2 games is looking pretty nice. plus if you drop him and risk your opponent using him against you with that 4 game week follow up, you're going to look like a fool

Bro you’re tripping , the amount of waiver wire studs that you’re going to see next couple of weeks are astonishing, streaming is the way when u have top 80-100 players with 2 week schedules

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Simsanityy179 said:

Bro you’re tripping , the amount of waiver wire studs that you’re going to see next couple of weeks are astonishing, streaming is the way when u have top 80-100 players with 2 week schedules

 

 

Waiver wire studs? At this point in the year? I can't wait to see who these guys are. Do you have any foresight on who some of these guys may be? I could always use another stud or 2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

Waiver wire studs? At this point in the year? I can't wait to see who these guys are. Do you have any foresight on who some of these guys may be? I could always use another stud or 2.

 

Probably referring to people who desperation stream and drop studs who may miss a game or two.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

Waiver wire studs? At this point in the year? I can't wait to see who these guys are. Do you have any foresight on who some of these guys may be? I could always use another stud or 2.

I don’t think you’ve played a lot of fantasy my guy , jalen Brunson and Dwight Powell are one example of two players headed for top 50 ros. Ever heard of marshaun brooks last year ? 

 

Dont forget about all the potential shut down candidates like Conley or lavine, which would pave the way for must add options

 

isaac is stuck as a top 100 option for the time being and I don’t see his situation changing due to the magics playoff push.

 

when I say studs I mean players who will kill it for the last 5-10 games , trust me there will be plenty , you just got to grab them

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Simsanityy179 said:

I don’t think you’ve played a lot of fantasy my guy , jalen Brunson and Dwight Powell are one example of two players headed for top 50 ros. Ever heard of marshaun brooks last year ? 

 

Dont forget about all the potential shut down candidates like Conley or lavine, which would pave the way for must add options

 

isaac is stuck as a top 100 option for the time being and I don’t see his situation changing due to the magics playoff push.

 

when I say studs I mean players who will kill it for the last 5-10 games , trust me there will be plenty , you just got to grab them

Lol ok. I've been playing since the 80's. Powell was drafted in my league. Brunson has been gone since Smith was traded. I play in leagues that use more than 100 guys so I doubt anyone will be dropping Isaac since a top 100 guy is pretty valuable in my league. i don't play Roto and our season ends one week prior to the real season ending so those last couple games where teams sit players won't have much of an effect. Yes there may be a couple guys(difference makers) jump onto the scene but no guarantee I can grab them before my league mates. I guess we just play different formats because in all my years of playing Ive never seen plenty, or as you say an astonishing amount of stud guys come out of the wood work this late in the year. We shall see and I certainly hope your right. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...