marko from tropoja

John Collins 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Its likely from the play where hardaway jr undercut him after a dunk. But he came back and played his usual amount of minutes. Hopefully the listing is just precautionary. 

Sadly out today and it's the same ankle that gave Collins problems earlier this year. Let's hope this is a 1 game absence and not a 2 weeks stint. 

Yeah I wouldn't care but it's the same ankle. 

Not great.  I just traded Gallo for him and thought I won one over.  But maybe not.

I think they are giving him the day off because they know it gives him a couple of days to heal. They don’t play again until Wednesday.

just precautionary i believe, he played for a quarter and half after he rolled his ankle catching the rebound, just a rest day

Status note: John Collins (ankle) went through shootaround Wednesday.

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, jzmagic said:

barely top 100 in 9cat.

Yeah, the counting stats look pretty but he's not going to be an elite fantasy asset unless his stocks shoot up or he starts hitting 3pt shots or FTs.

Not saying he can't get there, but we're all gushing over someone who's sandwiched between Cody Zeller and Danny Green in 9-Cat

2 hours ago, jzmagic said:

barely top 100 in 9cat.

He missed 15 games to start the season.

barely top 100 in 9cat.

22,13 this month on 55% shooting...ill take it gladly

Edited by L3onD
  • Like 2

barely top 100 in 9cat.

Would you rather have 12/8 with 3 stocks per which might be top 50-75 guy. (Jared Allen) Like others have said I’ll gladly take the 22/13 and high fg%. Collins is giving owners 3 Dominant cats. Another case where rankings can be silly. 

Edited by chud12
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Would you rather have 12/8 with 3 stocks per which might be top 50-75 guy. (Jared Allen) Like others have said I’ll gladly take the 22/13 and high fg%. Collins is giving owners 3 Dominant cats. Another case where rankings can be silly. 

definitely, ill take john collins all day long as i have 3,4 other guys in the lineup that get me all the stocks i need

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, L3onD said:

definitely, ill take john collins all day long as i have 3,4 other guys in the lineup that get me all the stocks i need

And who are those if I might ask??

the guys on my roster, i lead my league in steals (every week) and blocks (almost every damn week) and start john collins every game he plays...

DND in 3 cat, stl/blk/ft%.

Agreed, I want to see more. But:

3 hours ago, jzmagic said:

barely top 100 in 9cat.

means:

3 hours ago, jzmagic said:

solid top 100 in 9cat.

Acceptable underperformance when its flirting 20/10/.55, if you have other steals and blocks sources.

I'm curious if the blocks ship has sailed. He was kinda flying all over the place on D last year, and there's a good chance some of his aggressiveness has been coached away. If that's the case, then there's a equally good chance he can be 0.8/1.0 down the stretch, figuring out how to turn it on and off.

More likely development this year, imo, will be the three ball. Unfortunately, that usually partners a dip in fg%...

Edited by bdy1

27 minutes ago, Brandayz said:

And who are those if I might ask??

I got him starting alongside whiteside, j.allen and the joker. So far so good 

1 minute ago, Dapro said:

his stocks will pick up eventually right?

He doesn’t try at all on defense this year so that might be by design to preserve his ankle?? Either way I’m so sure since he’s on a tanking team. Last year Collins played with his hair on fire in both ends so maybe there has been a philosophy change. 

11 hours ago, chud12 said:

He doesn’t try at all on defense this year so that might be by design to preserve his ankle?? Either way I’m so sure since he’s on a tanking team. Last year Collins played with his hair on fire in both ends so maybe there has been a philosophy change. 

i think his coach wants collins to be less aggressive mainly to avoid foul trouble. afterall, the only way to find out what collins is truly capable of is to keep him on the floor. another reason might be his ankle issue. he only had non-surgical procedure there, so there might be certain types of movements that he is discouraged to do for the time being.

19 hours ago, Jub Jub said:

He missed 15 games to start the season.

He's still only 72nd over the past month (8 cat). At this point he is a beast in three categories and a drag in stocks. If he can improve slightly he can be a monster but he is an automatic start. You just need to make up for the lack of stocks elsewhere unless/until that changes. 

He is underachieving defensively but doing more offensively than probably was expected.

Personally I'm fine without steals, but he has clear 2bpg upside that can't be denied by even the coach. He's had games this season with healthy block totals so I don't think there's any "philosophy" change in that aspect

The rankings talk is exactly why rankings really don't matter very much.  If you're giving me the choice between a guy ranked 97 and giving you a high z score in three cats and meh (but not punt) z scores in the other 9 vs a guy ranked 60 who gives you average z scores in basically everything MOST of the time, I'm picking the 97th ranked guy.  The 60th ranked guy is a fantastic glue guy and can help your team no matter what it's makeup.  The 97th ranked guy, though...if you've built your team correctly, he's bolstering the f--- out of cats you're trying to win and some of the meh z scores are s--- you don't care about any way.

Of course, this is only true for H2H.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1