marko from tropoja

John Collins 2018-2019 Season Outlook

33 minutes ago, GrandGourou said:

What is his natural position ? PF or C ? :unsure2:

PF I believe . I think he is more of a pinch hitting centre when the team is desperate at best or playing a small ball 5.

Can defend both positions well though 

2 hours ago, GrandGourou said:

What is his natural position ? PF or C ? :unsure2:

Definitely PF at the moment. Played 60% of his minutes there last season despite the Hawks having no depth at center. I mean, Mike Muscala got most of his minutes at center. Collins is primarily a 4 for now. 

On 7/17/2018 at 2:05 AM, miasma16 said:

I'd bet on Turner but that's a pretty great question. I'd value them fairly equally. 

Given that JC will be drafted later than Turner a few rounds later, I think JC will have better value per the draft position. On paper their stats will be quite similar indeed.

• Like 1

it seems like there's more hype on Allen than Collins, personally, I would take Collins over Allen, with the clearer path for minutes and role.

in Yahoo he is ranked around 50, what do you guys think taking JC around that round 4 and 5?

12 hours ago, t0087669 said:

it seems like there's more hype on Allen than Collins, personally, I would take Collins over Allen, with the clearer path for minutes and role.

in Yahoo he is ranked around 50, what do you guys think taking JC around that round 4 and 5?

Brutal pick in the 4th and still a reach in the 5th

• Like 2

13 hours ago, richg24 said:

Brutal pick in the 4th and still a reach in the 5th

That's where they're going, so if you really want them that's where you probably have to take them.  

Skeptical because he had a moderate foul rate. He's kinda a knucklehead. Not in the Marquise Chriss territory though. Per minute beast, but I won't be reaching for him. 

1 hour ago, Trench Mob said:

Skeptical because he had a moderate foul rate. He's kinda a knucklehead. Not in the Marquise Chriss territory though. Per minute beast, but I won't be reaching for him. 

unlike marquese, Collins appears to have a brain and will improve on this front

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The problem with breakout candidates is that if you draft them near their ceiling, you're not getting any value, because best case scenario, you get what you paid for, and worst case scenario, you missed a lot of better mid-round picks. 

If he's potentially top 50-65, you don't win by drafting him in the first 5 rounds. Has to be 6+ for me.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, summersoff7 said:

pathetic stat line last night.  NO THANKS

Its preseason man, chill....

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Dapro said:

Its preseason man, chill....

NO TIME FOR CHILL. ONLY TIME FOR INSTANT OVER-REACTIONS!!!

Hey, it's preseason after all =)

Edited by DavidbivaD
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, darnellh said:

fb-ninja has him in top 50, I think its bit too optimistic.
What do you think?

I think that's his ceiling. He can if he doesn't foul too much (this is his problem last season) 

John Collins has been told by coach that he will have the ball in his hands on offence. Now i am very excited as i can see him initiating offence like Jokic does (but he will be no where near as good) which is standing at the top of the key and passing the ball to 3 point shooters coming off the screen at the 45 (e.g. Bazemore, Prince, young etc) for some reason i think he will be very inconsistent in rebounds but will be a constant 3 assist guy a game which makes him a lot more valuable with his blocks and steals upside. If the Hawks do what they say they will and give collins the ball to initiate offence at times and use him in the pick and roll/ pick and pop situation he can honestly turn into a fantasy beast, almost like a Draymond Green esq. player that does a bit of everything. Hopefully all goes to plan and he can average over 15 points, 7 rebounds, 2.5 assists, 1 steal, 1 block and near a three a game. If he does that, and he has every opportunity too, i will be a very happy owner.

Do you guys think i'm overoptimistic or that this is a genuine ceiling for him this year?

3 minutes ago, PaddyAustralia said:

John Collins has been told by coach that he will have the ball in his hands on offence. Now i am very excited as i can see him initiating offence like Jokic does (but he will be no where near as good) which is standing at the top of the key and passing the ball to 3 point shooters coming off the screen at the 45 (e.g. Bazemore, Prince, young etc) for some reason i think he will be very inconsistent in rebounds but will be a constant 3 assist guy a game which makes him a lot more valuable with his blocks and steals upside. If the Hawks do what they say they will and give collins the ball to initiate offence at times and use him in the pick and roll/ pick and pop situation he can honestly turn into a fantasy beast, almost like a Draymond Green esq. player that does a bit of everything. Hopefully all goes to plan and he can average over 15 points, 7 rebounds, 2.5 assists, 1 steal, 1 block and near a three a game. If he does that, and he has every opportunity too, i will be a very happy owner.

Do you guys think i'm overoptimistic or that this is a genuine ceiling for him this year?

Could be possible and I surely hope so as I got him with the 68th pick

51 minutes ago, PaddyAustralia said:

I think the ball handling thing is a bit speculative at this stage (see Aaron Gordon last year), but like others have said a lot depends on his foul rate and shooting. At his current ADP he is definitely a risk, but he could be really good. I think your numbers are closer to his ceiling, not quite (he could hit 16/8...maybe). I'd like some shares in him but people have always overreached to get him (in 4th and 5th which is too rich for my blood) so I haven't got him yet. 

Edited by Jake the snake

On 10/5/2018 at 8:58 PM, dragonballz said:

Currently at 49.8  (ave. pick) in Yahoo, so he usually goes at Round 4. 

He was picked 35th yesterday in my draft. Good luck with that.

• Haha 1

John Collins (left ankle soreness) underwent a non-surgical procedure on October 8th and will be re-evaluated on October 22.

What is a non-surgical procedure ? A massage?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Vague injuries are not something to casually dismiss. Perhaps now his ADP can fall to more reasonable levels. 

4 minutes ago, Boogie Buckets said:

If he’s only being reevaluated on October 22nd hes missing games then right? :blink:

At least 3...

probably more.