marko from tropoja

John Collins 2018-2019 Season Outlook

1 hour ago, ShopHeirlooms said:

I just picked him up. Idc if I lose this week, I feel like he’ll be back within this week or the next for sure!

Hit rapport with Trae Young is solid, he should have a monster season!

How was he even available ? I don't get some leagues. In all 4 of my competitive leagues, he was off the board by the 5th round

• Like 1

Can't wait til he is back. He will be a jack of all trades I hope (pts, rebs, stls, blocks, 3's)

18 minutes ago, atlantadynasty said:

How was he even available ? I don't get some leagues. In all 4 of my competitive leagues, he was off the board by the 5th round

Owner had too many injuries & dropped unexpectedly. I lucked up, I can’t waut till he comes back ?

1 hour ago, JooCraig said:

Yeah, rotoworld writers love to make stuff up.  There is no indication, one way or the other, that Collins will need a FEW MORE WEEKS of practice before he returns. The reports that Collins is doing fine, didn't come with reports that he was still weeks away, that was just rotoworld spreading fake news. I had an owner in my league try to trade for him because he is still "weeks away." 

This isn't a kid that is recovering my reconstructive knee surgery. He was playing in early october. Missing the last few weeks didn't cause muscle atrophy and a significant drop in his conditioning. 

If the evaluation went well yesterday, I fully expect him back sooner than a "few more weeks."

• Thanks 4

43 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

Yeah, rotoworld writers love to make stuff up.  There is no indication, one way or the other, that Collins will need a FEW MORE WEEKS of practice before he returns. The reports that Collins is doing fine, didn't come with reports that he was still weeks away, that was just rotoworld spreading fake news. I had an owner in my league try to trade for him because he is still "weeks away." 

This isn't a kid that is recovering my reconstructive knee surgery. He was playing in early october. Missing the last few weeks didn't cause muscle atrophy and a significant drop in his conditioning. 

If the evaluation went well yesterday, I fully expect him back sooner than a "few more weeks."

Yep. I clicked the source for the rotoworld blurb and the actual tweet was "Also, John Collins was to be re-evaluated today but Hawks are off. Injury update could come tomorrow." 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

Dude exactly!!! I have a feeling he’ll be back sooner than later!

1 hour ago, HerrMcKenzie said:

I reeeaaally want an official update

From the AJC:

Collins was to be re-evaluated Monday and will miss several more games.

• Thanks 1

This whole situation is so confusing. He seems to be moving around great but is still sidelined. This seems a bit more than a “sore ankle” if they’re holding him out this long 

Just now, JooCraig said:

This whole situation is so confusing. He seems to be moving around great but is still sidelined. This seems a bit more than a “sore ankle” if they’re holding him out this long 

Well he did have a "procedure" done so it's not about a sore ankle. He is clearly fine if you watch that clip but they are taking it slow since they don't care about winning games. 

If his ankle was in bad shape, he wouldn't be cutting and running on the court. I think this is just a team taking it slow. I wouldn't be shocked if he is back at some point next week. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

Well he did have a "procedure" done so it's not about a sore ankle. He is clearly fine if you watch that clip but they are taking it slow since they don't care about winning games. 

If his ankle was in bad shape, he wouldn't be cutting and running on the court. I think this is just a team taking it slow. I wouldn't be shocked if he is back at some point next week. 

I hope so man. I fully bought into the hype and passed up on guys like Middleton, Gobert, Blake in the 4-5 round ranges so I hope this turns out well. Of course I do realize the team is going to do what’s best for them and not my fantasy team lol. Sitting at 2-1 so I’m not panicking just would like him back soon. 

Edited by JooCraig

@Kevin Chouinard
Lloyd Pierce on John Collins' status. Said Collins will travel on the West Coast trip, even if he doesn't play early in the trip, but hopeful that he can be back by later in the trip. 

Edited by chud12

3 minutes ago, chud12 said:
@Kevin Chouinard
Lloyd Pierce on John Collins' status. Said Collins will travel on the West Coast trip, even if he doesn't play early in the trip, but hopeful that he can be back by later in the trip. 

The west-coast trip starts on the 11th and ends on the 17th. So worstcase scenario he’s out another 12 days. Collins will be bsck soon though finally. 

4 minutes ago, chud12 said:
@Kevin Chouinard

So that's 5/6 games or as Rotoworld likes to call it a "few weeks away." 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

So that's 5/6 games or as Rotoworld likes to call it a "few weeks away." 

Worst case scenario is 12 more days.  

• Thanks 1

It’s better he is taking his time than return to early and plays 10min with setback...

Take your time and comeback stronger ..?

He is cleared for practice .It seems like he is about to miss one week more and then at some point next week he will make his debut for this season. 

For all the fellas out there with an IR spot, cheer up, news aren't that bad after all.  

John Collins (left ankle) has been cleared for modified on-court drills and shooting routines.

Collins was re-evaluated on Monday, and the results showed "continued progression in his rehab from mild inflammation and soreness in his left ankle." The Hawks are hopeful to integrate him into practices in the coming week, but he'll miss at least three more games. Collins does appear to be inching his way closer to making his season debut, and opposing GMs should view this period as a buy-low opportunity.
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, levels22 said:

With Collins coming back, how would it affect owners of guys like Dedmond and Len?

Well, it's not good. I think in standard leagues those guys are already just streamers, right? They go from being guys you stream in and be confident you'll get at least something out of (like today, right, the Hawks have a B2B tomorrow and Wednesday, so I think they're good adds) to guys you stream in with less confidence. Of course it depends on who's on your wire but I wouldn't be holding if anything even kinda shiny caught my eye.