Auction>Snake

Josh Hart 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Finally had enough and traded him and a second round pick for Jerami Grant and boban in my 30 team dynasty .. I’m win now mode and I want better stats than just threes and points. Maybe I sold him low but I’m happy with the return. It’s a risk but that’s with any trade 

So how long should this guy be a hold in a 10 teamer end of the bench guy?

51 minutes ago, Brandayz said:

Oh, 10? I probably would've cut him loose with the minutes, I imagine you missed out on some dudes.

1 hour ago, Brandayz said:

Should've been dropped some time ago tbh. Really like his game and his upside but the lack of minutes are a major buzzkill. He needs to be in the starting lineup but Walton's rotations are baffling. Not sure why he doesn't just start Lonzo/Hart/Ingram/Bron/McGee all the time with Kuzma coming in as a Lou Will-type bench scorer. 

I have a strong feeling that Hart is going to end up in the starting lineup very, very soon.  I think Ingram can come off the bench as a 6th man to initiate the offense.

The Lakers will need to make a trade.  Ball or Ingram.  They can get a better return from Ingram, but one of those 2 will need to run the 2nd unit, as is, and the other should be traded for an all around SG/SF that can shoot, and in his prime.   If no trade, I think Ingram should be the 6th man to help him develop with the ball in his hands.

Lakers should also make a move for a big man more capable than the scrubs they have on their roster.  Odds are low we see Lakers sacrificing a big chunk of their future by moving both Ingram AND Ball, but if they did do Ingram for Beal, and Lonzo for, say,  Myles Turner.  Indy could let Sabonis thrive, and Myles Turner is good enough now to help the Lakers, and still develop more for next couple seasons with Kuzma and Hart.  Plus Turner can put up 3's if open and block shots. Another option, or in addition is Nerlens Noel for a lower value piece, or draft pick with OKC to help sure up the rim protection.

Just putting it out there for speculation, but I like the look of this: 

PG: Hart ( to defend opposing PG ) / Rondo ( leading 2nd unit )

SG: Beal ( 2nd playmaker on 1st unit, shooter ) / KCP ( should step it up )

SF: Lebron ( the real PG )

PF: Kuzma / Turner

C  Javale / Noel

This surrounds Lebron with shooters and upside, and keeps a big man near the rim for shot blocking.  Beal still may be young enough to get a bit better, too. If the Wizards aren't purposely tanking right now for Zion, or even if they are, they should make a move NOW.

Regardless, Hart need to START, and play 32-34 MPG.  He compliments Lebron perfectly, and even when his shot is off, his defense results in winning style basketball, and he'll only get better the more he gets experience.

that would eliminate any flexibility they have going forward though. the reason a guy like lonzo is so valuable is that he gets $6M a year for the next 3 years at a fraction of his value on the open market. the Lakers are a better team with ingram than Beal because they also get another $24M to play with. it's also why those trades literally can't happen. 

Edited by panthers93

14 minutes ago, HulkSmash said:

I have a strong feeling that Hart is going to end up in the starting lineup very, very soon.  I think Ingram can come off the bench as a 6th man to initiate the offense.

The Lakers will need to make a trade.  Ball or Ingram.  They can get a better return from Ingram, but one of those 2 will need to run the 2nd unit, as is, and the other should be traded for an all around SG/SF that can shoot, and in his prime.   If no trade, I think Ingram should be the 6th man to help him develop with the ball in his hands.

Lakers should also make a move for a big man more capable than the scrubs they have on their roster.  Odds are low we see Lakers sacrificing a big chunk of their future by moving both Ingram AND Ball, but if they did do Ingram for Beal, and Lonzo for, say,  Myles Turner.  Indy could let Sabonis thrive, and Myles Turner is good enough now to help the Lakers, and still develop more for next couple seasons with Kuzma and Hart.  Plus Turner can put up 3's if open and block shots. Another option, or in addition is Nerlens Noel for a lower value piece, or draft pick with OKC to help sure up the rim protection.

C  Javale / Noel

This surrounds Lebron with shooters and upside, and keeps a big man near the rim for shot blocking.  Beal still may be young enough to get a bit better, too. If the Wizards aren't purposely tanking right now for Zion, or even if they are, they should make a move NOW.

Regardless, Hart need to START, and play 32-34 MPG.  He compliments Lebron perfectly, and even when his shot is off, his defense results in winning style basketball, and he'll only get better the more he gets experience.

this isnt NBA2k19 lol and I think Hart wont get consistent 30 mins unless there are injuries...

3 minutes ago, Chrizz said:

this isnt NBA2k19 lol and I think Hart wont get consistent 30 mins unless there are injuries...

haha I knew someone was going to say that.  I was just working through the possibilities for the Lakers right now, since the fanbase, and ESPN are extremely impatient.  I'd like to see the hold Ingram, but Ball should get moved.

The real goal is to make it to the playoffs, and Lebron helping Kuzma, Hart and Ingram develop, then they make a big free agent signing, or two this offseason.  If they can get Beal now, though, they should do it, then add a big piece for next year.

I disagree about Hart, though.  I think Walton is going to be forced to move Hart into the starting line up in the next week or two, but we shall see.  Every player on my team has a function, and I'm rostering Hart specifically for this reason, over other hot waiver wire pick ups.

1 hour ago, HulkSmash said:

I actually think it's Ingram and Kuzma who are the problems for Hart.  I think Hart suits playing with guys like Ball.  I really doubt the Lakers move either Ingram or Kuzma this season unless it's for an offer too good to refuse.  I also really REALLY doubt Indy move on from Turner.  They're winning and are fully invested in this Turner/Oladipo core.  For what it's worth Sabonis isn't anywhere near Turner as a defensive presence.  They won't trade him purely for defense alone.

1 hour ago, ComeOnAndSlam said:

I actually think it's Ingram and Kuzma who are the problems for Hart.  I think Hart suits playing with guys like Ball.  I really doubt the Lakers move either Ingram or Kuzma this season unless it's for an offer too good to refuse.  I also really REALLY doubt Indy move on from Turner.  They're winning and are fully invested in this Turner/Oladipo core.  For what it's worth Sabonis isn't anywhere near Turner as a defensive presence.  They won't trade him purely for defense alone.

Hart suits everybody, he's only 23. He's already a great shooter and projects as a very solid defender moving forward, and he's a willing passer and a good rebounder. Same for Ingram, plus plenty of other talents. Kuzma is a trash defender. I'd perfectly happy with him being LA's 6th man for the next decade, but if you fancy yourself a contender and he's starting for you, you've got a problem.

Agreed on the latter too. While Turner may be a disappointment since he was extended, I still think the Pacers are very happy with what they're getting out of him. He's still a good player, just maybe not as good as some thought he'd be.

Sorry, but, YES!!!!!

I’M GOING TO HELL.

Ingram probably out with a sprained ankle.

Edited by MysticPeak

8 minutes ago, MysticPeak said:

Sorry, but, YES!!!!!

I’M GOING TO HELL.

Ingram probably out with a sprained ankle.

Looks like Ingram coming back in the game soon. Hart’s minutes are way too low to trust, which sucks cause he produces in those limited minutes. Might have to drop for Warren.

1 minute ago, TonyRomo said:

Looks like Ingram coming back in the game soon. Hart’s minutes are way too low to trust, which sucks cause he produces in those limited minutes. Might have to drop for Warren.

Yeah, I spoke too soon. He’s back. Goodluck with Warren =)

On 11/10/2018 at 8:34 PM, TonyRomo said:

I own both. Warren is ranked 58th, and Hart 61st in Yahoo Roto leagues so far this year, and each is 65% owned, with Warren trending up, and Hart trending down. Each brings a different skill set, but neither hurts you anywhere. With Warren, it's PT's (and 3PT's now), with solid %'s and a trickle of defensive stats, while with Hart, the %'s aren't as good, but his REB numbers are solid for a guard, and his Steal rate is elite. If the minutes are there, he is a must hold in all leagues, and with the way Ingram has been playing, I see his minutes trending up as the year goes on. He is a perfect fit next to LeBron. I hope Luke gives more minutes to Hart, and less to Ingram. We shall see though. But if you have room, he's still a hold to me, even with the low minutes total he's been getting. He contributes nearly everywhere, and hurts you nearly nowhere. You need players like that on your team if you're going to win in fantasy. 

Edited by FrightCoward
  • Like 1

On 4/10/2018 at 8:06 PM, LosingEffort said:

Take a look to Lakers depth chart

Rondo Ball KCP Stephenson Lebron... 

Good player after all, but not enough playtime in Lakers roster 

Ps Summer league is less than nothing, it's not basketball, and preseason too

Wooo this dude knows...

Just now, triple_threat said:

Am i the only fool that's holding Hart? I'm clinging on hoping he plays like he did to begin the year. Is it time to officially move on?

he just answered that question with a 3 pointer

9 minutes ago, triple_threat said:

Am i the only fool that's holding Hart? I'm clinging on hoping he plays like he did to begin the year. Is it time to officially move on?

Hold and you will be rewarded.

On 11/10/2018 at 3:46 PM, HulkSmash said:

C  Javale / Noel

This post started with such promise. And then...

and-then-it-all-went-downhill-from-there

• Haha 1

Rondo broke his hand tonight, Lonzo and Hart receive a major boost imo

KCP will be in the picture in deeper leagues.

I hang in there all year since there's not many players on the wire who brings this type of upside. These next couple of weeks will definitely be worth holding imo.

Edited by jiiiggz