Sign in to follow this  
Bgraham10

Please help!! Keeper question - WHIR

Recommended Posts

I’m in a 12 team NL-ONLY 5x5 keeper Roto league and I’m playing for next season.  There ar no salaries and we can keep the players as long as we want.

 

We can keep up to 4 players.

 

Right now, my keepers are - 

 

Nolan Arenado

Max Scherzer

Paul Goldschmidt

Ozzie Albies

 

 

I have the ability to spin Goldschmidt or Albies into one of the following - 

 

Freddie Freeman 

Aaron Nola

Trea Turner

Charlie Blackmon

Javy Baez

 

 

Who should I go after?  Should I try to move Albies or Goldy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

id much rather have trea over both goldy and and ozzie. 

 

id trade goldy for trea and i would then move ozzie for freeman. both no brainers for me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

id much rather have trea over both goldy and and ozzie. 

 

id trade goldy for trea and i would then move ozzie for freeman. both no brainers for me

 

Well...Turner’s owner all of a sudden has cold feet!  Lol.

 

Would you rather have Albies or Blackmon for next year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

id much rather have trea over both goldy and and ozzie. 

 

id trade goldy for trea and i would then move ozzie for freeman. both no brainers for me

 

I agree with both these moves if you can do it.  As for Albies/Blackmon, if you're only looking at 2019, I want Blackmon.  But this obviously swings the other way as both Blackmon and Albies continue to age.

 

Thanks for mine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Bgraham10 said:

 

Well...Turner’s owner all of a sudden has cold feet!  Lol.

 

Would you rather have Albies or Blackmon for next year?

i think id gamble on ozzie over blackmon even in smaller keeper nl only. but if you think blackmon is still a top 20 player for the next 2-3 years then take blackmon. i want to get ahead of the decline on blackmon even if i miss out on one year of good blackmon production

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would hold on to Albies and try and get Freeman, Baez or Turner for Goldy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried offering Goldy for Freeman, but was rejected.  

 

Offer for Turner was also rejected.

 

That leaves - 

 

Blackmon

Nola

Harper

Soto

Baez

 

Are any of these guys worth moving Goldy or Albies for?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would move both of them for Harper and Soto respectively. Albies and Soto are definitely close given the age and how good they have both been, but Soto just seems like so much more of an established hitter already to me.

If you can get Harper for Goldy, you do it. Otherwise, Albies/Soto is pretty much a coin flip. Blackmon is tempting, but I think I would prefer to bet on the young guy. I don't care about Baez at all here. Nola is definitely interesting, but I just consider a young pitcher to be less of a sure thing than a young bat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jbj said:

I would move both of them for Harper and Soto respectively. Albies and Soto are definitely close given the age and how good they have both been, but Soto just seems like so much more of an established hitter already to me.

If you can get Harper for Goldy, you do it. Otherwise, Albies/Soto is pretty much a coin flip. Blackmon is tempting, but I think I would prefer to bet on the young guy. I don't care about Baez at all here. Nola is definitely interesting, but I just consider a young pitcher to be less of a sure thing than a young bat.

The thing that worries me about Harper is if he goes to an AL team in offseason and I lose him for nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Throw back Max & put Freeman into that spot. Pass on the trade thoughts to. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.