Sign in to follow this  
CORTEz

Reject Trade for Tre Turner? WHIR

20-team h2h redraft league ( BA, Runs, HR, RBI, OPS, SB, K // W, L, SV, HLD, ERA, K's, WHIP)

I've been offered a crazy trade (that If i saw it at the beginning of the year, It probably would've been vetoed). 

I GET: Tre Turner

I GIVE: Josh Hader, Adam Ottavino

On paper, this sounds like a "What are you waiting for" kind of trade. But deep down, Turner has been reallllllllly bad this season, and I consider him a bust, considering where he was being taken in drafts. My team is constructed around high BA, OPS hitters who don't strike out, in fact, i lead my fantasy league in terms of least strikeouts per week.

About the only thing I like about Turner is his SB, which even that he' is FARRRR away from what he was projected at, and his R production has taken a hit since he's often demoted to hitting 6/7 in the lineup at times. Even when he hits 1st, Nat's have a hard time driving him in.

Hader and Ottavino have been All-stars for me, and usually win me HLDS every week. Losing them would mean losing HLDS. 

Someone talk some sense into me and say that I'm not crazy for declining this trade?

Hmm thats an interesting one. I think given your league has holds its def not an auto accept. What does the rest of your team look like in terms of speed? 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DidiFan said:

Hmm thats an interesting one. I think given your league has holds its def not an auto accept. What does the rest of your team look like in terms of speed? 

I do need Speed, as I'm 3-7 on the year in terms of weekly matchups. I've got one player whose given me 19 SB. but aside from that, nothing. 

What scares me is that Turner was projected to be a 100+ Runs scored, possibly 50-60 SB guy...and he seems to have fallen behind dramatically on both of those numbers.

I think he's only on pace for about 80 runs scored and 40 something SB.

And his BA and OPS STINK. Which is a direct conflict in terms of what my team is structured around hitting statistics wise.

Win you're league!!!!! Turner is clearly better than those WW players you're giving up. 

You can make an argument that Turner has been a bust relative to his draft day cost.  But he's still a top-ten SS and is pretty close to being on a 20 HR / 40 SB pace.  I'd still be more than happy to have that on my roster, especially in a league that deep.  His current owner paid the heavy price, spending a first round pick on him.  Compared to that, you're getting him on the cheap.  

• Like 1

For me I never like to dilute the strengths of my team. Based on how you constructed your team and the context of the league I would stand pat. Trading away otto and Hader would hurt you in 3 pitching cats. You'd gain a few in sb for sure but like you said given with how Turner has been to date possibly you'd take a hit in ops/ ba too. As long as you're comfortable with how your team is set right now in the standings I'd be fine turning this down. 

1 hour ago, Rush2112 said:

Win you're league!!!!! Turner is clearly better than those WW players you're giving up. 

Not really Waiver wire players .....they're 2 of the best RP in the game. But thanks. 

1 hour ago, Bandito said:

You can make an argument that Turner has been a bust relative to his draft day cost.  But he's still a top-ten SS and is pretty close to being on a 20 HR / 40 SB pace.  I'd still be more than happy to have that on my roster, especially in a league that deep.  His current owner paid the heavy price, spending a first round pick on him.  Compared to that, you're getting him on the cheap.  

This is an interesting take on it. And might sway me.

Return the favor?

13 hours ago, CORTEz said:

20-team h2h redraft league ( BA, Runs, HR, RBI, OPS, SB, K // W, L, SV, HLD, ERA, K's, WHIP)

I've been offered a crazy trade (that If i saw it at the beginning of the year, It probably would've been vetoed). 

I GET: Tre Turner

I GIVE: Josh Hader, Adam Ottavino

On paper, this sounds like a "What are you waiting for" kind of trade. But deep down, Turner has been reallllllllly bad this season, and I consider him a bust, considering where he was being taken in drafts. My team is constructed around high BA, OPS hitters who don't strike out, in fact, i lead my fantasy league in terms of least strikeouts per week.

About the only thing I like about Turner is his SB, which even that he' is FARRRR away from what he was projected at, and his R production has taken a hit since he's often demoted to hitting 6/7 in the lineup at times. Even when he hits 1st, Nat's have a hard time driving him in.

Hader and Ottavino have been All-stars for me, and usually win me HLDS every week. Losing them would mean losing HLDS. 

Someone talk some sense into me and say that I'm not crazy for declining this trade?

Unless I'm missing something about your league's stats, batter strikeouts don't really matter. The batter's average matters, but whether the guy pops out or strikes out shouldn't make a difference. So it's nice to say you lead your league in strikeouts per week, but I'm not sure that's something you should really be concerned about.

Looking at Trea, yeah he's been a "bust" in terms of where he was projected. But even as a bust he's still been one of the better players in the league. In my league, he's ranked 44 (we do Hits and OBP instead of OPS). He's likely ranked slightly different in your league, but he's probably close to that area. His average so far is .268 which isn't that horrible and he's still stealing bases and has some pop in his bat. So playing bad he's still a top 50 player. Plus if he can start to heat up and hit closer to .300 as he has in the past, he can be a top player again.

Right now, based on how all players have played so far this season, I'd still be taking Turner over Hader and Ottavino by a slight margin. However Turner's potential makes this deal a no brainer to me. Low risk, high reward trade.

• Like 1

My initial thought is the owner who is offering you Trea Turner feels he needs the Saves and Holds category to get him where he needs to be as far as playoffs which is interesting because it is only one category in a H2H non keeper league and Turner provides multiple counting stats. He must covet Ottavino and Hader because he would have other RP combos to choose from in the league for Trea Turner that I think would be accepted ASAP unless the league is not very active and only a few owners make trades.

Ultimately you have a plan on how your team is constructed to help you win and if this could hurt your team more than it helps then stand pat. Why make another team better if you don't have to. 

Really close, but I would probably take th Turner side. Skill sets at RP are easier to come by from unexpected places, and while Turner has been iffy (borderline bust for sure), he could go off and be a top 10 hitter the rest of the way, for sure. Have you considered the possibility that Hader could be stretched out to start? Total speculation, but I know they want him to start at some point, and if they can’t land an SP in trade it wouldn’t be crazy to go that route.

help?

http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/705973-blackmon-betts-bauer-sale-whir/

• Like 1