Sign in to follow this  
Bandito

Trade for Altuve? (WHIR!)

Shallow eight team Roto league.  Altuve owner has him on the block, looking for power and SP.  Would an offer Rizzo and Thor be fair?  I specifically targeted Rizzo because of his 2B-eligibility in Yahoo, but that becomes unnecessary if I can get Altuve.  And I could use the SBs.  I have a strong rotation (Kershaw, Bumgarner, Thor, Snell, Corbin, Stripling), and being a shallow league, there are options on the wire for streaming.

Being the commissioner, I want to make sure I make a fair offer.

Thoughts?

I would probably try to do that. Thor gets injured all the time. And Rizzo hasn't looked good at all this season. I would think either Shaw or Rizzo + Thor could and should get it done.

• Thanks 1

I think that is a fair offer. I’d prefer Altuve, but Rizzo and Thor for him makes this a solid deal for both sides.

• Thanks 1

It is a fair offer even if all parties involved were playing well. Each are underachieving which to me personally makes the trade even more fair because both owners are taking the risk of the players I give up not finally breaking out and the ones I receive to breakout. 

Help please:

• Thanks 1

I think that is a fair offer for Both sides. 

your rotation can afford to lose Thor who is always hurt anyways. 

Thanks for the help with mine 

• Thanks 1

Your rotation seems solid enough that you could warrant trading an oft-injured Thor. It’s a close one, but I’d probably give it a go. 

• Thanks 1

Very fair offer.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Preetnator said:

Its a fair trade for both sides but would stand pat depending on who you pick up after the trade.

Probably Freeland. I've successfully streamed him a few times, but since no one's added him, I haven't held on to him.

18 hours ago, CORTEz said:

I would probably try to do that. Thor gets injured all the time. And Rizzo hasn't looked good at all this season. I would think either Shaw or Rizzo + Thor could and should get it done.

This. It’s worth a shot.

http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/705995-would-you-trade-acuna-and-for-who-whir/

• Thanks 1

There is no way Rizzo and Thor get it done.  Both are in the middle of disappointing, injury riddled years and Altuve has heated up after a slow start.

It's not a fair offer but I don't think your league would accuse you of anything.

Please help:

• Thanks 1