DLove

Jaren Jackson Jr. 2018-2019 Season Outlook

3 minutes ago, taenggg said:

Nuggets went big so their matching up by playing Noah the scrub with Gasol.

Gasol was in foul trouble so their having Noah guard jokic. 

is Noah really that much bigger than JJJ?

Stay patient with him. Grizzlies are competitive this year so they will have a shorter leash on him if he makes his takes. Noah and Green don't have half the talent JJJ has but they can execute the game plan. Expect some random duds from JJJ but he's still gonna be top 50 at the end of the season.

• Like 1

Currently own him in a keeper. 

So I'll be patient with this kid.

def has the talent to become a solid top 10~20 player in his prime, but do NOT have expectations he will become the next AD.

When you watch the game he surely shows his beast-like athleticism and energy, he also has that 'it factor' both on offense and defense.

But at crunch time and when the pace gets a bit slow, the kid struggles time to time. AND he has his foul trouble issues to deal with.

Personally, I expect him to be a top 75 this year. Jam Green is no scrub and certainly fits into specific situations and gameplans better than JJJ.

don't be greedy, don't be too hyped =  Fantasy 101 when it comes to dealing with rookies.

Edited by jhsong916

6 hours ago, GarbageTyme said:

Is this guy's production sustainable for the rest of the season? Looking to trade for him but not sure if I'm giving up too much if I try sending Adams over for him. 

In a keeper, why not. definitely doable.

In a redraft. HELL NO. Adams will 99% put up better stats than JJJ ROS

3 minutes ago, jhsong916 said:

In a keeper, why not. definitely doable.

In a redraft. HELL NO. Adams will 99% put up better stats than JJJ ROS

I wouldn’t say 99%. Adams can’t touch JJJ’s stocks potential on any given night.

• Like 1

Adams: 1.5 stls, 1.0 blks = 2.5 stocks per game

JJJ: 1.0 stls, 1.9 blks = 2.9 stocks per game

and Adams dominate JJJ in reb's and FG%. JJJ has a better FT%

AND if you are in a league which counts OREB's and DD. Adams will be a top 30-40 ROS.

Some say if JJJ finds a way to solve his foul issues, he'll be a top player. 

well, he hasn't yet. and that is an issue that time will only solve, usually 'a lot of time' is needed.

I am also mesmerized with this kids potential, but potential doesn't win you championships.

14 hours ago, jhsong916 said:

Adams: 1.5 stls, 1.0 blks = 2.5 stocks per game

JJJ: 1.0 stls, 1.9 blks = 2.9 stocks per game

and Adams dominate JJJ in reb's and FG%. JJJ has a better FT%

AND if you are in a league which counts OREB's and DD. Adams will be a top 30-40 ROS.

Some say if JJJ finds a way to solve his foul issues, he'll be a top player. 

well, he hasn't yet. and that is an issue that time will only solve, usually 'a lot of time' is needed.

I am also mesmerized with this kids potential, but potential doesn't win you championships.

It's not really all that useful for the comparison to bring up two specific cats the majority of the people play without, that also happen to be Adams' strengths. In standard 8-cat and 9-cat their value is really close. I guess one could argue in favor of Adams in H2H, but in roto I'd laugh at someone offering me Adams for JJJ. Those rebs don't compensate for his atrocious FT% whatsoever imo.

• Like 3

again...2 quick fouls on harden and got sub out,smh

The JJJ experience :lol:

I still love you jaren and I'm never dropping or selling. 

• Like 1

Are we thinking about dropping at all? His latest run has been horrible. I'm in a 10 team H2H points league that will have three keepers at the end of the year. The keepers are the only reason I haven't dropped him yet. We have seen what he can do when he isn't in foul trouble and is getting consistent minutes. But he's not producing right now. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Nate1213 said:

Are we thinking about dropping at all? His latest run has been horrible. I'm in a 10 team H2H points league that will have three keepers at the end of the year. The keepers are the only reason I haven't dropped him yet. We have seen what he can do when he isn't in foul trouble and is getting consistent minutes. But he's not producing right now. 

Not even close to dropping. He's still holding top 60 value over the season and will put up nice numbers sooner than later. He's a rookie and they all go through rough patches. You'll regret if you drop.

3 hours ago, Nate1213 said:

Dropping him is the kind of move that wins a championship....for the one grabbing him immediately. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Manos A said:

Dropping him is the kind of move that wins a championship....for the one grabbing him immediately. 

I understand. I am working on a trade right now for Tobias Harris or Kyle Lowry. 

1 hour ago, Nate1213 said:

I understand. I am working on a trade right now for Tobias Harris or Kyle Lowry. 

Better be a 2 for 1 and/or a keeper league or that's kind of  insulting and I'm a huge JJJ fan

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, LosingEffort said:

he's just another bad game away from drop city
I told you Jam Green's return was a problem for JJJ ros value

He's FAR from being drop city. You don't just drop guys with this kind of upside who's already shown he can produce. I guarantee that someone will pick him up and he'll be a key in a lot of winning teams this year. 

Who would you even pick up after dropping him that can produce what he does?

• Like 4

Lol 😂 if you drop in keeper I’ll give you GM of the year award. But honestly if you don’t like the results and you’re in a temporary league where you redraft every season then by all means drop for a Larry nance or Thaddeus young. Who do you have on your wire that Has a stable role locked in, is what the criteria depends on.

5 hours ago, LosingEffort said:

he's just another bad game away from drop city
I told you Jam Green's return was a problem for JJJ ros value

LOL go away