DLove

Jaren Jackson Jr. 2018-2019 Season Outlook

6 hours ago, wisegeeks said:

Man. This is when you do too much fantasy basketball.

Go watch some real games before making such comparisons.

Calm down. My opinion. His rookie year. I'm saying he's AD like. You can state what you want. Thanks for your comment though, I'll file it in don't give a eff what you think column.

Edited by Forever Smooth

The lines he's been putting up have been pretty frustrating. He's basically been a poor mans Brook Lopez and I don't really believe in this post ASB hype that everyone is preaching. Memphis said they have a specific development plan for him and I doubt that has anything to do with them trading Gasol. Even if Gasol is traded, JJJ can't stay on the floor enough to play 30mins. Players don't learn how to stay out of trouble after a week long vacation, and last year a guy like John Collins couldn't figure it and live up to the post ASB hype that everyone created with the expectation ATL would trade Dedmon.

In terms of talent and potential he has a chance to be a superstar as his scoring on the block is extremely advanced for a rookie and the defensive potential is off the charts. He'll figure out how to contest and play D without fouling but to assume it will happen this year or act like that isn't a MAJOR roadblock in his fantasy output is silly. Which Rotoworld and the owners who are expecting a huge post asb breakout have basically done. If Gasol is traded and JJJ moves to the C position that could potentially mean even more fouls as the primary rim protector

I guess what i'm trying to say is he probably isn't worth trading for unless you can get him for the absolute low. This idea that he will be a potential top 30 after the break is unlikely IMO, but he definitely has superstar potential in real life and fantasy

• Like 1

On 2019-01-24 at 2:59 PM, Forever Smooth said:

Calm down. My opinion. His rookie year. I'm saying he's AD like. You can state what you want. Thanks for your comment though, I'll file it in don't give a eff what you think column.

I'm in agreement with you. Not sure why people get so upset over a comparison like that. JJJ is extremely exciting because of how developed he is at such a young age. The skills and fantasy potential remind us of AD. Nobody is saying he will be a a superstar and yearly MVP candidate.

AD in rookie year: 13.5pts 8.2rebs 1.0ast 1.2stls 1.8blks 0.0treys 52%/75%

Jaren this year: 13.5pts 4.6rebs 1.1ast 0.9stls 1.5blks 0.8treys 51%/79%

Aside from about 4 rpg those numbers are pretty darn close across the board. Jaren also came into a situation where Marc Gasol has hindered his production (usage rate, playing time, touches, etc). He is probably not as developed as AD was around the rim at the same age but his shooting is far superior from mid range and the 3 pt line. 

Look, JJJ will have to improve A TON to become AD. But to say his fantasy game can't compare is just silly. So far they are almost identical.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Are owners confident in a post ASB breakout? He was just dropped in my league after a trade was made, thinking of using my waiver pick on him.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Padilla814 said:

Are owners confident in a post ASB breakout? He was just dropped in my league after a trade was made, thinking of using my waiver pick on him.

Yes snatch him up

Sent out a Cousins and JJJ offer to the Davis owner before todays game (Im in 6th and it seemed like a solid risk) - think im gonna have to cancel it now

Who should  benefit more of (when) Gasol gets traded? JJJ or Rabb?

Edited by KB24MVP

13 minutes ago, KB24MVP said:

Who should  benefit more of (when) Gasol gets traded? JJJ or Rabb?

Rabb. But JJJ shouldn't be on any waiver wire at this moment.

I got JJJ that’s why I am

asking if I should pick him up as well...

JJJ is the biggest beneficiary.  Rabb could be rewarding if he is able to put up stats with more minutes as long as Grizzlies don't receive a strong center in return.

4 hours ago, GrandGourou said:

Rabb. But JJJ shouldn't be on any waiver wire at this moment.

JJJ should never have been on any waivers at all. The foul trouble is annoying, but the dude's upside is ridiculous. You can't drop a guy with his kind of ceiling.