Whitecloud0101

T.J. Yeldon 2018 Outlook

2 minutes ago, saintrules said:

Without Mariota, Henry has been pretty non existent. With Mariota, Henry is fringe existent, especially if they go with the committee as opposed to Henry full time as it was expected. 

Both TJ and Henry next week, assuming LF and MM are out, are iffy starters. I just don't see either going "off". 

Yeah, the only hope I have is Titans going full-blown wildcat and Henry going 100/100 passing/rushing :)

If you are a LF owner, you have to hold yeldon I imagine?

Someone on this board once said, a handcuff is like a nice warm blanket you can sleep comfortably without worry.

Does this apply to yeldon?

7 minutes ago, dannyz6969 said:

Someone on this board once said, a handcuff is like a nice warm blanket you can sleep comfortably without worry.

yes unless you drafted a viable flex who will do the same things yeldon can do if LF gets injured again.

58% snaps for Yeldon, 42% for Grant. Grant was getting touches before this game got out of hand. Maybe they use more of a 1a 1b  comittee to fill in without Fournette. I'm not as hopeful there is a true handcuff after last game.

1 hour ago, pixelhated said:

58% snaps for Yeldon, 42% for Grant. Grant was getting touches before this game got out of hand. Maybe they use more of a 1a 1b  comittee to fill in without Fournette. I'm not as hopeful there is a true handcuff after last game.

yea Yeldon was never used as bell cow - looks like it will be the 60-40 split you mentioned.

2 hours ago, dannyz6969 said:

It depends on the rest of your roster and league. Yeldon has shown to, at least this year with Grant, to not be a workhorse cuff like, say, Conner has been and Gio is expected to be. If you need "something" Yeldon is worth keeping as he can generate a decent number of yards and presumably would be the goal-line back. If you have options that are similar or better than Yeldon (when he is starting) or want more upside than Yeldon isn't worth keeping.

If you have Fournette you may opened your draft RB-RB or drafted a second RB in the third round. If one of them comes with a stronger cuff, such as Ware for Hunt or Murray for Cook, it would make sense to cut Yeldon loose.

1 hour ago, JetsAwesome said:

yea Yeldon was never used as bell cow - looks like it will be the 60-40 split you mentioned.

he wasn't used as one last year either, Ivory was in there plenty.  i don't know why the expectation changed this year.  they already showed us last year what they will do if Fournette doesn't play. 

Maybe not a bellcow per se, but he was the feature back and did well in his limited stint last season.  Plus he did quite well both in terms of touch volume and production in relief of LF in Week 1.  He’s a solid hold for me, even if you are aren’t treating him as a cuff.

So Yeldon should be a good start today, huh? Scared with the scheme with the Jags and also Grant taking snaps, but this has to be a solid matchup.

Figures to be a nice game script, if JAX does indeed get up early and can rely on the safe solid running of Yeldon. If they are down though, of course a possibility, I think it was made pretty clear last week Grant is the guy they want to get into space and make plays.

Both should probably be avoided in shallow leagues, while both should probably be considered in deep leagues. Grant especially in 14t/PPR leagues.

Im flexing him against the fournette owner lol i dont get why you guys think he wont be productive...on 10 carries in a pass happy game he did fine..should be better this week

4 minutes ago, Power-O said:

Im flexing him against the fournette owner lol i dont get why you guys think he wont be productive...on 10 carries in a pass happy game he did fine..should be better this week

Agreed.....he’s one of the safest, most reliable backups in the league. RW is always trying to find the next breakout that no one else saw coming.....if you have Yeldon, start him.

Just now, iretirefromfantasy said:

Anyone starting him today?

Rollig him out there after Fournette was ruled out. Hoping he doesn’t get hurt or limited during game. 

4 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Anyone starting him today?

It depends on options. In a 12 team I have no better option since Ajayi is out as well. In a 10 team league I picked up Gio and will start him (other RBs Gordon, Conner). 

5 minutes ago, phisouza33 said:

Why him over grant? 

Because Grant could have been used more last week because the Jags went pass heavy against the Pats. If you really think Grants role is real than fine but I’m not using a one week sample to find out. 

7 minutes ago, phisouza33 said:

Why him over grant? 

looking at last week the carries favored yeldon...i see the jags beating up gabbert on this one so i see there being a good chance he will touch the ball alot...grant seems to be the passing down guy...yeldon is the safer pick

Edited by Power-O

4 minutes ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

Any news about his injury though? If he is banged up they could lean on Grant. 

They could possibly have just been conservative with him in practice considering they know Fournette’s injury is worse than they’ve let on.

Edited by MJJ28

Benching this bum, without LF in the lineup last week they went pass happy, figure they do it again. 14 total carries last week between him and Grant (10 & 4), so I wouldn't expect much more usage than that.  If you're thin for flex options then sure otherwise i'd look somewhere else.

Just now, TheINC said:

Benching this bum, without LF in the lineup last week they went pass happy, figure they do it again. 14 total carries last week between him and Grant (10 & 4), so I wouldn't expect much more usage than that.  If you're thin for flex options then sure otherwise i'd look somewhere else.

Before last week Yeldon averaged 18 fantasy points per in his starts so I guess that qualifies as a bum.