larfboy

Markelle Fultz 2018-19 Season Thread

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

 

Did it tho? He saw over 10 specialists and when TOS was finally publicly made as the “diagnosis”, a specific doctor was not named with it.  

 

Come on. Do you really think it was so hard to pinpoint that he needed to see that many doctors? Or do you think he just kept seeing different ones until he got the answer/treatment plan he wanted to hear from the anonymous doctor that wouldn’t involve the words mental, yips, and psychologist?

 

tenor.gif?itemid=11100533

 

 

So if you go to 10 doctors and 9 of them don't know what's wrong with you, then you are just crazy or making things up? lol

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, bballshinobi said:

 

So if you go to 10 doctors and 9 of them don't know what's wrong with you, then you are just crazy or making things up? lol

 

odds of 9 doctors who are seeing a high profile professional NBA player, not being smart enough to figure out whats wrong, does that really seem plausible? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/6/2018 at 8:55 AM, kmoore1521 said:

 

odds of 9 doctors who are seeing a high profile professional NBA player, not being smart enough to figure out whats wrong, does that really seem plausible? 

 

Yes.

 

There's some pretty compelling evidence that this was a physical injury that was not diagnosed correctly. And that it happens quite a bit with this rare injury.

 

A few interesting links:

 

Doctor says on average the patients who eventually come to see TOS experts like himself have been seen by six previous doctors. "Markelle Fultz's Nerve Disorder Diagnosis Is a "Blessing," Says Surgeon": https://www.inverse.com/article/51537-markelle-fultz-thoracic-outlet-syndrome

 

Twitter guy who diagnosed it months ago, because it happened to him: "Absolutely Insane Markelle Fultz Conspiracy Twitter Thread Turned Out to Be Pretty Darn Accurate"  https://www.12up.com/posts/6240149-absolutely-insane-markelle-fultz-conspiracy-twitter-thread-turned-out-to-be-pretty-darn-accurate

 

My own view is this is the hypothesis that fits the facts:

1) BMX or other accident happened after the draft and before the first NBA season.

2) Fultz tried to hide that and just get over it, which didn't work.

3) Team doctors misdiagnosed it.

4) Now it's been diagnosed, and can be treated.

 

If we believe this is all true, I'm not interested in finding blame. My question is, what now? Let's say the true #1 overall pick emerges, with skills intact, in 6 weeks after rehab. What happens then? I suspect he gets showcased, then probably traded to a team that makes him their lead PG. If he has the skills, he will get another chance for sure. The kid was a phenom just 2 years ago.

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

is he injured? can he play? should we pick him up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah gawd, don't do it y'all.

 

Best case scenario is he comes off the bench after a few more weeks to rehab, then proceeds to post low end value on inefficient numbers nearing the start of fantasy owners' playoffs...which the Magic only go 3-3-3.  Also remember that, unless his jump shot magically improved (even the legendary Drew Hanlen couldn't help him), if he started, he'd be next to AG, Isaac and Vooch, and none of them shoot the trey that well.  Fournier?  He's shooting 34% this season from range.

 

Temper your expectations, folks.  He's a long-term project (which both the Magic pres and GM both agree).  Likely won't be helping us this year, and even in future years, the inefficiency and injury risk remind me of another highly touted #1 draft pick PG who is now basically.  Drink the kool-aid if you want, but I'm waiting at least 2 years.

 

EDIT:  Oh yeah, DJA, forgot about him. 

Edited by MWon
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MWon said:

Ah gawd, don't do it y'all.

 

Best case scenario is he comes off the bench after a few more weeks to rehab, then proceeds to post low end value on inefficient numbers nearing the start of fantasy owners' playoffs...which the Magic only go 3-3-3.  Also remember that, unless his jump shot magically improved (even the legendary Drew Hanlen couldn't help him), if he started, he'd be next to AG, Isaac and Vooch, and none of them shoot the trey that well.  Fournier?  He's shooting 34% this season from range.

 

Temper your expectations, folks.  He's a long-term project (which both the Magic pres and GM both agree).  Likely won't be helping us this year, and even in future years, the inefficiency and injury risk remind me of another highly touted #1 draft pick PG who is now basically.  Drink the kool-aid if you want, but I'm waiting at least 2 years.

 

EDIT:  Oh yeah, DJA, forgot about him. 

 

What about DJA?  He is a journeyman PG on a rebuilding Team. 

The only thing standing in the way of Fultz, is Fultz. As for his rehab, it's not like he is returning from a serious injury. Personally, I think it was all made up as a cover for issues between his ears. 

The Magic gave up a decent amount for the kid and I assume they will give him every chance to succeed. I am not optimistic, but if you could stash him, I would. Especially in keeper leagues. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heh, DJA is a borderline 6th man or backup PG for sure.  I don't see him doing too much except playing about 15-20 minutes of backup PG.

 

Injury?  Yeah, I'd agree with some of you that it's likely a smokescreen to get him out of Philly (though they were fairly patient, and understandably so with their #1 pick that they actually TRADED UP to get...sorry Hinkie).  If it's not though, and bear in mind he hasn't exactly been a pillar of health, then it's a huge problem, especially considering he's had shoulder issues which forced him to change his shot...which also caused his value to plummet.

 

Yeah, keeper leagues are fine.  But you'd have to be in a pretty deep keeper league to stash him.  AND be fairly patient, and willing to accept that his inefficiency isn't going to help you in cat leagues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

In before Fultz is activated Saturday and posts a triple double. 

Ya maybe tripple double of turnovers, missed fg and missed 3pm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, richg24 said:

Ya maybe tripple double of turnovers, missed fg and missed 3pm.

By nature, if you miss 10 3s you're also going to have at least that in missed FGs so this makes no sense. Also, how does one miss a 3 pointer MADE? 

 

0/10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

By nature, if you miss 10 3s you're also going to have at least that in missed FGs so this makes no sense. Also, how does one miss a 3 pointer MADE? 

 

0/10

 

Eh you know what he means.  0/10 from the field, 0/10 from range (basically he shot only treys and missed them all) and 10 TOs.  Dunno how that's a triple double, but I can certainly see some awful lines from him in terms of shooting.

 

Honestly, I think his shoulder gives out before he even attempts that many.  Either that or Steve Clifford yanks him for not passing to Vooch (at least this year, haha).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you have an IL spot open it doesn't hurt to stash. I had to activate levert and there was no one else with upside I could put there so it was an easy choice for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Forever Smooth said:

Let me get this right. ORL gave up a future 1st pick round pick, second round pick and J. Simmons? :blink: Did I miss something with Fultz that I didn't see?

He's not good and I never thought he was because I don't like guards who can't shoot. 

 

However, Simmons has very little value, and I heard one little blurb from Clifford that made me realize wow Clifford must really hate Simmons.  Simmons came off the bench and was pretty electric, scored something like 10 points in 10 minutes off the bench. 

After the game they asked Clifford what he thought about his performance and Clifford said something like, "He shot the ball well." 

"Anything else," the reporter inquired. 

"I don't want to talk about the whatever else." 

 

Basically I got the feeling Clifford doesn't like him for whatever reason.  Second round picks are like air.  The loss of a first round pick hurts.  Still, just a year ago you could never dream of getting Fultz for a package like this and the Magic are totally capitalizing on the Sixers need to move Fultz.  They also need a PG.  It's worth rolling the dice as they probably won't miss what they gave up.  Maybe if they can work out Fultz in the summer and turn him into a starting PG then they can convince Vuc to stay.  They might actually have a decent team next year.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

He's not good and I never thought he was because I don't like guards who can't shoot. 

 

However, Simmons has very little value, and I heard one little blurb from Clifford that made me realize wow Clifford must really hate Simmons.  Simmons came off the bench and was pretty electric, scored something like 10 points in 10 minutes off the bench. 

After the game they asked Clifford what he thought about his performance and Clifford said something like, "He shot the ball well." 

"Anything else," the reporter inquired. 

"I don't want to talk about the whatever else." 

 

Basically I got the feeling Clifford doesn't like him for whatever reason.  Second round picks are like air.  The loss of a first round pick hurts.  Still, just a year ago you could never dream of getting Fultz for a package like this and the Magic are totally capitalizing on the Sixers need to move Fultz.  They also need a PG.  It's worth rolling the dice as they probably won't miss what they gave up.  Maybe if they can work out Fultz in the summer and turn him into a starting PG then they can convince Vuc to stay.  They might actually have a decent team next year.

Wow. Yeah they really wanted to unload Simmons then. Maybe he was cancer in the locker room. Second rounds picks, it all depends. I get what you saying though. Tough to crack through and rise being a 2nd pick, but there have been some that eventually became stars. Agree with you guards that can't shoot, you gotta be able to that. Even Rondo is knocking down treys now. Umm, MCW, where is he now? lol Fultz still got time, that wicked form needs fixing. I said this earlier, scouts didn't see this before?  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Forever Smooth said:

scouts didn't see this before?  

 Scouts deal in upside and tools.  They'd rather take a raw prospect and try to build him up than take a highly polished prospect with limited upside.

Edited by StifleTower2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any remaining Fultz believers here? Or am i the only one? I hope he’s fully healthy now. I love his skills.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, seeL said:

Any remaining Fultz believers here? Or am i the only one? I hope he’s fully healthy now. I love his skills.

In what to believe? He can have skills, but Orlando's starting five is set and sixth man is Terrence Ross. I can't see more than 15 minutes for Fultz.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw a new video of him shooting. The form has gone from a dumpster fire to hot garbage, so he's improving 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah. So i see it’s just me who still believes in the kid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.