larfboy

Markelle Fultz 2018-19 Season Thread

good fit in punt assist build? assists probably won't be too high for a pg, and he should be pretty good for out of position stuff like rebs/stocks. what round you guys targeting in 12 team or what tier of guards do you put him in?

• Like 2

On 9/20/2018 at 11:06 AM, Stefan said:

OK THAT'S NICE

He still looks like he is pushing it and not flicking his wrist enough.  So yeah I stay not 100% convinced he is over the yips and that when he gets in real game action he will not just continue to be reluctant to shoot any outside jumpers.

Preseason is going to mean everything for this guy and his confidence.  More than any other player, just seeing him shoot outside jumpers or not in the preseason really is the difference between a must-draft guy (with minutes he potentially can be a two steal one block guy) and a complete bust that I would not draft at all.  Because if he is not over the yips, he will go back to being a DNP - CD again.   

I am pulling for him to succeed, but the yips are no joke and have ruined careers (see Rick Ankiel if you think I am being hyperbolic).

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

He still looks like he is pushing it and not flicking his wrist enough.  So yeah I stay not 100% convinced he is over the yips and that when he gets in real game action he will not just continue to be reluctant to shoot any outside jumpers.

Preseason is going to mean everything for this guy and his confidence.  More than any other player, just seeing him shoot outside jumpers or not in the preseason really is the difference between a must-draft guy (with minutes he potentially can be a two steal one block guy) and a complete bust that I would not draft at all.  Because if he is not over the yips, he will go back to being a DNP - CD again.   

I am pulling for him to succeed, but the yips are no joke and have ruined careers (see Rick Ankiel if you think I am being hyperbolic).

Yep, but "this" looks so much better.

He went undrafted in my 10-teamer and is currently sitting on the wire. Debating if I should pick him up...the potential is yuuuuge but I feel like I need to see him perform well for at least a few weeks.

47 minutes ago, fabrar said:

He went undrafted in my 10-teamer and is currently sitting on the wire. Debating if I should pick him up...the potential is yuuuuge but I feel like I need to see him perform well for at least a few weeks.

If your in h2h with daily moves I'd say do it asap. He plays on opening night Tuesday on a small slate and again on Thursday on another small slate then reevaluate.

Just now, turner46 said:

If your in h2h with daily moves I'd say do it asap. He plays on opening night Tuesday on a small slate and again on Thursday on another small slate then reevaluate.

I play roto and we just drafted yesterday. All players are still on waivers which clears tomorrow so I can pick him up then. Not sure who to drop though, i might post in the AC forum

1 minute ago, fabrar said:

I play roto and we just drafted yesterday. All players are still on waivers which clears tomorrow so I can pick him up then. Not sure who to drop though, i might post in the AC forum

His upside is there and if you can land him for free why not. Especially before pre season starts as he might rise up people's boards. Right now I'm heavily targeting him (based on ADP, pre season may ruin that) and for a late pick I either get a possible breakout player or for me in h2h I get 2 games out of him for week 1 on days with a small slate.

On 9/21/2018 at 4:57 AM, richg24 said:

good fit in punt assist build? assists probably won't be too high for a pg, and he should be pretty good for out of position stuff like rebs/stocks. what round you guys targeting in 12 team or what tier of guards do you put him in?

For similar players I'm probably going Dejounte if I'm around the 65-80+ range, and Fultz a tier later around the 100+ range.  I really like him but haven't been able to get yet since someone always takes him a bit high.    

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fabrar said:

If this is your team (in the signature) drop D-Wade or that bum Reggie J. !

That chasedown block. Reminds me so much of D-Wade.

Edited by seeL
  • Like 1

I got him at 121.  I pray he turns it around this season.  So far so good with his first preseason game.

I still think Redick is going to be a starter, make more sense, at least IMO. They need more shooters in the starting lineup, and Redick is clearly the best one they have. I think Fultz is going to be a first guy off the bench but that's not bad. He'll still get plenty of minutes

• Like 1

8 hours ago, a-rob said:

I think Brent Brown will give Fultz the chance to be starter, as long as he keeps playing this way he will keep the job

Agree to disagree, that would mean you are playing with 3 starters who are not good shooters (Embiid, Simmons, Fultz). You cannot play that way today, especially not against top teams like Warriors or Rockets

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GmGodine said:

Agree to disagree, that would mean you are playing with 3 starters who are not good shooters (Embiid, Simmons, Fultz). You cannot play that way today, especially not against top teams like Warriors or Rockets

i agree with you and I think many coaches would at least start the season with Redick as a starter, but I think Brown is the type of embrace the youth and upside. i also think that redick would be great off the bench, whereas Fultz may need the starts more for confidence building purposes so to me that is a better way to go. I think redick off the bench can be like a lou will or eric gordon type, that is more efficient and hits more 3s and less of a playmaker. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, richg24 said:

I think redick off the bench can be like a lou will or eric gordon type, that is more efficient and hits more 3s and less of a playmaker. 

So Kyle Korver and not Sweet Lou or Eric Gordon at all... ;)

• Like 1

He is shooting threes!?!?!?!?

Yeasssssss!!!! Sign me up!!!!! He is must draft. I would even reach if necessary.

Shooting long jumpers was the key for me to know that he was fully over the yips and has his confidence back.

I am on the Fultz train no doubt and no one should sleep on him. He will remain a starter. All around talent. This dude definitely has the potential to be a 1-1-1 guy (actually push the steals closer to two) sprinkled in with 12 points or more and 4 to 4.5 assists.

Yeah his form is still funky.  Not sure what's going on he must be really stubborn.  His should works just fine on layups and dunks, so it's not a physical thing.  He should just try shooting it like KG did.  Then on film he'll realize on he's just shooting it normal.  That said, I think he will have a great year.  

You guys still targeting fultz in your drafts? Just scooped him off waivers in my 12 teamer but wondering if he’s worth holding.