larfboy

Markelle Fultz 2018-19 Season Thread

Stating the obvious, but that debut could have went better.  Although he didn't play at all in the 4th quarter from what I could tell, which obviously doesn't help.

it wasn't that bad. he was good on defence and got some shots in. 12 teamers should hang tight unless someone who undeniably good pops up on the waiver.

Did he even play the second half? I don't think I even saw him in the second half. It was only 1 game AND the first game of the season, but I have to say this was worrisome because he didn't have much of an impact at all.

I am holding for now. Going to give him this first week unless a big free agent impresses a lot.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, JBizFree said:

Did he even play the second half? I don't think I even saw him in the second half. It was only 1 game AND the first game of the season, but I have to say this was worrisome because he didn't have much of an impact at all.

I am holding for now. Going to give him this first week unless a big free agent impresses a lot.

He played 3 minutes.

I'm going to try and exploit this situation by offering Rozier for him.

Edited by flat_eric

1 hour ago, flat_eric said:

He played 3 minutes.

I'm going to try and exploit this situation by offering Rozier for him.

flat_eric . . . jr?

• Haha 1

Coach has said there will be growing pains and they expect that and are willing to take those on, means the guy has a LONG leash and they know hes got potential yet everyones already willing to drop, these day 1 drops are usually he ones that come back to bite you when you get burnt by them come end of season

• Like 1

They have a huge glaring need for shooting. At times it was Ben and Joel vs the entire Celtics roster, I think JJ and Covington are going to get all the minutes they can handle. I still believe in Markelle though, going forward he will be the third playmaker, Saric and TJ will be the ones to suffer most imo. 

2 minutes ago, PuzzBeterson2 said:

Suns offered a 2nd for TJ. Sixers might agree if they up their bid and if it puts the Sixers in a position to add a shooter.

I really like TJ and think he would fit perfectly as the Suns starting PG, I hope that happens for everyones sake. 

Another poor outing. Confidence already low. Playing in a role that doesn't suit his strengths. Tough start.

4 minutes ago, tremixt said:

Another poor outing. Confidence already low. Playing in a role that doesn't suit his strengths. Tough start.

Yeah. Still holding since we have deep benches, but not remotely considering playing him right now.  Had him on my bench tonight actually.  Maybe at some point this season....

27 minutes ago, tremixt said:

The crowd is trying to be supportive, but starting a game yelling "shoot it" when you touch the ball is a mindf*ck. This kid just needs to relax and let instinct kick in. I almost feel like you can see the hamster wheel spinning in his head every time he touches the ball instead of just playing free. He did tweak his ankle on a drive so that is something to keep an eye on after the game. 

23 minutes ago, bballshinobi said:

Basketball is a hard sport when you can’t shoot 

No doubt. This guy just needs to play free. I almost feel like he needs to go the Stephen Jackson pre-game routine to just be creative and put his mind on cruise control. Brown needs to figure out how to get him in a rotation that eases the pressure on him. Soon he is going to get the Rondo treatment from defenses. Once that happens the Sixers are going to be pushed into playing TJ and Reddick and actually being great. Hope they give him at least 35 games to try and figure it out. After that I think he needs a change of scenery. I say that as a very patient Sixers fan that was stoked every year they committed to their tank. I am not impressed.

14 minutes ago, thezing1 said:

The crowd is trying to be supportive, but starting a game yelling "shoot it" when you touch the ball is a mindf*ck. This kid just needs to relax and let instinct kick in. I almost feel like you can see the hamster wheel spinning in his head every time he touches the ball instead of just playing free. He did tweak his ankle on a drive so that is something to keep an eye on after the game. 

No doubt. This guy just needs to play free. I almost feel like he needs to go the Stephen Jackson pre-game routine to just be creative and put his mind on cruise control. Brown needs to figure out how to get him in a rotation that eases the pressure on him. Soon he is going to get the Rondo treatment from defenses. Once that happens the Sixers are going to be pushed into playing TJ and Reddick and actually being great. Hope they give him at least 35 games to try and figure it out. After that I think he needs a change of scenery. I say that as a very patient Sixers fan that was stoked every year they committed to their tank. I am not impressed.

I agree, he seems to be over-thinking things. He started to look a bit better towards the end of the game, which seemed to coincide with him looking a bit more relaxed. I went from wanting to drop him at the start to deciding to wait a couple more games before pulling the trigger by the time it was over. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, misterj said:

I agree, he seems to be over-thinking things. He started to look a bit better towards the end of the game, which seemed to coincide with him looking a bit more relaxed. I went from wanting to drop him at the start to deciding to wait a couple more games before pulling the trigger by the time it was over. 

I am very patient as a fantasy owner and I am going to give him plenty of time. I think he has a chance to get some stats, but it is tough when Simmons and Embiid are so good. Westbrook has always had that hard drive, stop at the free throw line and rise up shot. He became really efficient at it. Fultz showed that shot and it just reminded me of Westbrook. He should play within himself and he should push to that spot to get his jumper. Once teams respect that he can drive to the paint. I did like that he posted up in the brief time I watched at the end of the game. But all that happened without Embiid and Simmons. At least he knows how to get the counting stats. 

• Like 1

Damn, already tempted to drop this dude in 12-teamers. Anyone else?

Just now, Jin said:

Damn, already tempted to drop this dude in 12-teamers. Anyone else?

Dropped him in one league because his FG seems like it's going to continue to be quite the issue this year and I don't want him dragging that team down, plus I need more reliable 3's.

In another league I'm keeping him because there isn't anything too enticing on the wire just yet. 

2 hours ago, thezing1 said:

I am very patient as a fantasy owner and I am going to give him plenty of time. I think he has a chance to get some stats, but it is tough when Simmons and Embiid are so good. Westbrook has always had that hard drive, stop at the free throw line and rise up shot. He became really efficient at it. Fultz showed that shot and it just reminded me of Westbrook. He should play within himself and he should push to that spot to get his jumper. Once teams respect that he can drive to the paint. I did like that he posted up in the brief time I watched at the end of the game. But all that happened without Embiid and Simmons. At least he knows how to get the counting stats. 

You're also a Sixers fan, of course you're going to support him. :lol:

Meanwhile to the rest of us, he looks like a bust of epic proportions. Like Anthony Bennett level bust. He is completely lost out there on the court.

For fantasy purposes, he might pick up some stats in garbage time like he did tonight and all through college, but otherwise he is unrosterable. But at least he isn't faking a shoulder injury this year as an excuse, though.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Jin said:

Who did you drop him for? Thinking about dumping him for rondo atm.

I have exactly the same thoughts....