colepenhagen

2018 Vent & Rant Thread

Recommended Posts

Lost my championship 147-143 to a team that picked up Robby Anderson and Damien Williams in the last two weeks. I had no money left to bid on either. I had an 11-0 team at one point and lost to waiver wire stars. So let it be a lesson to you to always save some money for playoffs. On top of that I started Allen over Cousins and that cost me the win. Also my opponent had ten def and that flukey td was the difference. Cost me $360.

Edited by yanksman
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Instead of getting bummed every year that I get knocked out of the playoffs, I think I'm gonna just start to appreciate getting eliminated before Christmas kicks into full swing...its just too much man...trying to manage multiple rosters... not being able actually sit down and watch every game like I do in the months leading up to the playoffs, all the traveling, the sharing of houses and tvs with ppl who don't watch ff...I just haven't been able to ever really strike that balance and my teams end up becoming more of a source of stress than anything else...I'll take the win - whenever it comes, absolutely but..gotta find a silver lining and learn how to be happy regardless of how the chips fall in this crazy a** game that we participate in

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, CletisVanDamme said:

Instead of getting bummed every year that I get knocked out of the playoffs, I think I'm gonna just start to appreciate getting eliminated before Christmas kicks into full swing...its just too much man...trying to manage multiple rosters... not being able actually sit down and watch every game like I do in the months leading up to the playoffs, all the traveling, the sharing of houses and tvs with ppl who don't watch ff...I just haven't been able to ever really strike that balance and my teams end up becoming more of a source of stress than anything else...I'll take the win - whenever it comes, absolutely but..gotta find a silver lining and learn how to be happy regardless of how the chips fall in this crazy a** game that we participate in

Bah Humbug 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we talk about how dumb teams are?  Ballage balls out last week and then instead of building on that they give him 6 touches?  Why are coaches this obtuse?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, FUM said:

Can we talk about how dumb teams are?  Ballage balls out last week and then instead of building on that they give him 6 touches?  Why are coaches this obtuse?

 

Totally. Guy has a 30 yard pass off busted coverage and they shy AWAY from that? I hate Adam Gase.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lost the Ship by 2 points. Got 0 from Gronk, that is one ten yard catch would have won it. Started Breida as well....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Broncos132 said:

Had the chip locked up, then Carson happened. Hill and Williams weren't able to cancel out Mahomes enough for me. Need Lindsay to hit 19 tomorrow in PPR. I hate this goddamn game 

How did you ever come to the conclusion you had the it locked up when he had Carson and Mahomes to your Hill Williams and Lindsay?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the most important factor in enjoying fantasy football is owning players you like, regardless of how they stack up against higher/lower ranked players. Because in the end, highly ranked studs often let you down when it matters most anyway. 

 

Setting out to assemble a team of fun, likable players (for whatever reason) versus desperately trying to acquire the “best” players goes a looong way toward preventing the inevitable disappointment when your stacked team of studs somehow comes up short against a rag tag team of waiver wire luckscrubs.

 

I made the mistake of assembling what appeared to be a virtually unbeatable team this year only to get frustratingly bounced in round one by a 4-9 team. Had my team not been so good it wouldn’t have been nearly as disappointing, and I may have had to pick up a couple of those championship winning luckscrubs. 

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

I think the most important factor in enjoying fantasy football is owning players you like, regardless of how they stack up against higher/lower ranked players. Because in the end, highly ranked studs often let you down when it matters most anyway. 

 

Setting out to assemble a team of fun, likable players (for whatever reason) versus desperately trying to acquire the “best” players goes a looong way toward preventing the inevitable disappointment when your stacked team of studs somehow comes up short against a rag tag team of waiver wire luckscrubs.

 

I made the mistake of assembling what appeared to be a virtually unbeatable team this year only to get frustratingly bounced in round one by a 4-9 team. Had my team not been so good it wouldn’t have been nearly as disappointing, and I may have had to pick up a couple of those championship winning luckscrubs. 

 

 

 

How is a 4-9 team in the playoffs?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, smetana34 said:

How did you ever come to the conclusion you had the it locked up when he had Carson and Mahomes to your Hill Williams and Lindsay?

Thought it was looking good that Williams and Hill would cancel out Mahomes enough, and keep it within striking distance for Lindsay, until about the last 5 minutes of the game. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Corey In Da House said:

 

How is a 4-9 team in the playoffs?

8th seed by total points. Hoping to pass a vote where only 6 of 12 teams make the playoffs.

Edited by Lamont Sanford

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

8th seed by total points. Hoping to pass a vote where only 6 of 12 teams make the playoffs.

Yeah man. 8 teams in a 12 team league is crazy. I’m in a 14 team league and only 6 teams make into. I like it because it puts more value into doing well in the regular season. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

8th seed by total points. Hoping to pass a vote where only 6 of 12 teams make the playoffs.

How can you be 4-9 in a total points league? At that point aren't records pointless? 

 

Technically you can go 0-13 and make the #1 seed if you have the worst luck ever. 

Edited by oliminator123

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, nml11287 said:

Just lost on that last Mahomes pass to Williams. 120.54-121.28. All I can do is shake my head.

That was the play I lost on too. I was up after that Russell pass to Baldwin.... if only Baldwin got it. If Barkley didn’t get vultured numerous times. If Julio saw more than one second half target. If Greg didn’t clank that 50 something yarder.

 

3 years straight, 3 second places.

 

im estatic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

That was the play I lost on too. I was up after that Russell pass to Baldwin.... if only Baldwin got it. If Barkley didn’t get vultured numerous times. If Julio saw more than one second half target. If Greg didn’t clank that 50 something yarder.

 

3 years straight, 3 second places.

 

im estatic. 

Same here. 3 years/3-2nd places. Mine all due to injuries or mishaps. Last year it was AB and Zuerlien. This year it was OBJ, OJ Howard, AJ Green, and Hunt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How the top 10 RBs performed late in the season:

 

Gurley - Put up a total dud in the quarter finals and didn't play in the finals

Barkley - Dud in the semifinal and average in the final

CMC - Very good

Kamara - Good. Underwhelming in quarter finals

Elliot - Was very average in semi final and final

Conner - Injured the entire time

Gordon - injured for 2 games before a mediocre final

Hunt - suspended

Lindsay - Mediocre semi and a terrible final

Mixon - Did very good until the final where he sucked. So really...What's the point?

 

Here is how the top 10 WRs performed down the stretch:

 

Hill - Total dud in the semi final and very mediocre in the final

Adams - Consistent as always. Albeit nothing special.

Hopkins - Incredible semi final surrounded by "eh" games

Brown - Terrible quarter finals before getting better in the semi and very good final

Julio - Pretty much opposite of Brown. Not good final at all

Thielen - League loser

Thomas - Not good quarter, terrible semi, and somewhat average final

Evans - Did quite solid

JuJu - Great quarter but terrible semi and not all too great final

Woods - Bad quarter, average semi, and good final

 

This illustrates the problem with a one week playoff. 14 out of the 20 players above had a week losing performance and often times it was in the same week. Almost every single guy on the list had mediocre performances if not two mediocre performances. The problem is, when it is single elimination it's extremely costly. What was even the point of having Gurley when he could have very well lost you the quarter finals and was useless in the finals? 

 

I'm beginning to come under the impression that in a 12 team league, a 4 team playoff with 2x weeks per match up is far superior. In basketball and baseball, having your stud put up a dud isn't terrible because that stud is going to play a few more games that week and will almost certainly redeem himself. However, in football that is not the case. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gohawks said:

How the top 10 RBs performed late in the season:

 

Gurley - Put up a total dud in the quarter finals and didn't play in the finals

Barkley - Dud in the semifinal and average in the final

CMC - Very good

Kamara - Good. Underwhelming in quarter finals

Elliot - Was very average in semi final and final

Conner - Injured the entire time

Gordon - injured for 2 games before a mediocre final

Hunt - suspended

Lindsay - Mediocre semi and a terrible final

Mixon - Did very good until the final where he sucked. So really...What's the point?

 

Here is how the top 10 WRs performed down the stretch:

 

Hill - Total dud in the semi final and very mediocre in the final

Adams - Consistent as always. Albeit nothing special.

Hopkins - Incredible semi final surrounded by "eh" games

Brown - Terrible quarter finals before getting better in the semi and very good final

Julio - Pretty much opposite of Brown. Not good final at all

Thielen - League loser

Thomas - Not good quarter, terrible semi, and somewhat average final

Evans - Did quite solid

JuJu - Great quarter but terrible semi and not all too great final

Woods - Bad quarter, average semi, and good final

 

This illustrates the problem with a one week playoff. 14 out of the 20 players above had a week losing performance and often times it was in the same week. Almost every single guy on the list had mediocre performances if not two mediocre performances. The problem is, when it is single elimination it's extremely costly. What was even the point of having Gurley when he could have very well lost you the quarter finals and was useless in the finals? 

 

I'm beginning to come under the impression that in a 12 team league, a 4 team playoff with 2x weeks per match up is far superior. In basketball and baseball, having your stud put up a dud isn't terrible because that stud is going to play a few more games that week and will almost certainly redeem himself. However, in football that is not the case. 

 

I like the two week playoff matchups as well, only issue is that you need to reduce the amount of playoff teams to 4 AND start your playoffs in week 13 in order to avoid Week 17. Maybe you can make the first round 1 week (14) and the finals 2 weeks (15 & 16)?

 

On the otherhand, I think the one week head to head matchups mimics the unpredictability of the NFL so I enjoy that similarity (unless I’m on the wrong side).  Plus hopefully if one of your stars plays poorly you have someone else to pick up the slack.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gohawks said:

How the top 10 RBs performed late in the season:

 

Gurley - Put up a total dud in the quarter finals and didn't play in the finals

Barkley - Dud in the semifinal and average in the final

CMC - Very good

Kamara - Good. Underwhelming in quarter finals

Elliot - Was very average in semi final and final

Conner - Injured the entire time

Gordon - injured for 2 games before a mediocre final

Hunt - suspended

Lindsay - Mediocre semi and a terrible final

Mixon - Did very good until the final where he sucked. So really...What's the point?

 

Here is how the top 10 WRs performed down the stretch:

 

Hill - Total dud in the semi final and very mediocre in the final

Adams - Consistent as always. Albeit nothing special.

Hopkins - Incredible semi final surrounded by "eh" games

Brown - Terrible quarter finals before getting better in the semi and very good final

Julio - Pretty much opposite of Brown. Not good final at all

Thielen - League loser

Thomas - Not good quarter, terrible semi, and somewhat average final

Evans - Did quite solid

JuJu - Great quarter but terrible semi and not all too great final

Woods - Bad quarter, average semi, and good final

 

This illustrates the problem with a one week playoff. 14 out of the 20 players above had a week losing performance and often times it was in the same week. Almost every single guy on the list had mediocre performances if not two mediocre performances. The problem is, when it is single elimination it's extremely costly. What was even the point of having Gurley when he could have very well lost you the quarter finals and was useless in the finals? 

 

I'm beginning to come under the impression that in a 12 team league, a 4 team playoff with 2x weeks per match up is far superior. In basketball and baseball, having your stud put up a dud isn't terrible because that stud is going to play a few more games that week and will almost certainly redeem himself. However, in football that is not the case. 

Here is our system in 14 team auction redraft.

 

We use victory points in regular season. You can earn 4 each week (2 for win and 1 or 2 more based on total points that week) MFL supports this. Playoffs determined in order by VP, record, points.

 

6 teams make playoffs. Week 13 is Seeds 3-6 with top 2 advancing. Tiebreaker is seed.

 

Weeks 14-16 is all play for final 4 teams. Each week you can go 3-0,2-1,1-2, or 0-3. Winner is best 9 game record followed by points and seed.  

 

Everyone loves it !

 

perfect !!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still upset I played Michel/DJ over Mixon in quarter finals to lose by 10 then watch my team score most points in league next two weeks :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lost last night by a score of 168.84 to 169.18. Less than half a point. Rodgers finally scores big for my opponent putting up 42 pts in a meaningless game for the Packers. But hey, at least I had the chance to defend last year’s championship and put up a heck of a fight up until the end with Russell Wilson. Until next season...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.