colepenhagen

2018 Vent & Rant Thread

Had a choice between Morris and Goodwin from the waiver wire while I was down by 20 points. Take a wild guess who I went with.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Cleanface said:

I lost mine as well (by 6), and def disappointed in my starters specifically Ridley & Evans, but my bench...

Sanders - 25

Boyd - 23

Breida - 13

Cohen - 25

My choice for flex was those four, and Carlos Hyde.  I changed out E. Sanders for Hyde at 12:56 based on the fear of DEN weather.  

Hyde - 3.4

lmao kms

Sanders was the clear start bruh 

Lost because of that Rodgers non-TD.  It was a lateral pass they say. 

Apparently it was a running play.  But those BS jet sweep things that all of these teams do count as passing plays. 

In the NFL runs are passes and passes are runs.  Got it.

Edited by Funkenstein

In two leagues with gurley and 2-4 in both. Pretty tough to do.

1st world problem: my division is loaded. Four way tie for 1st in a 10 team, two division league. The 5th guy in my division is 2-4. We've all scored over 650 points in non ppr, and our lowest guy is outscoring  the other divisions highest scorer by 90 points. In a league where the three best records in each division make the playoffs, it's looking like we're going to have a very good team missing it. Here's to hoping it's not mine!

Sitting here waiting for Fournette to be put on IR too, so I can have both my 2nd rounders be out for damn near the whole season

giphy.gif

(DISCLAIMER): As far as I know, there is no such rumor that the Jags are even considering IR for Fournette, just venting/reverse jinx attempting, lol

• Like 1

Highest scoring team in my 12-team league, but due to facing strong matchups I was sitting at 2-3, in 7th place, coming into this weekend. This league takes the top half into the playoffs, so I'm currently first left out. 

Proceeded to absolutely curb-stop my opponent to the tune of 178.4 PPR points, and in doing so extended my total points scored lead significantly.

I'm now the top scorer in my league by over 40 points, and almost 100 points over the 3rd place scorer. 

Looked at the rest of the league, and I will improve from 2-3 in 7th place, to 3-3... In 7th place. All four of the 3-2 teams ahead of me won. 

I feel like I've got a rock-solid roster, and I've scored well every week. And I'm still riding the knife edge over whether I'll make the playoffs. 

I currently have the second highest scoring team in my league.   So far have suffered through a draft day internet shutdown where yahoo auto picked for me rounds  rounds 3-9.   Then the following injuries,  Mckinnon,  Engram, Zureline,  Fuller, Baldwin, pick up OJ howard he gets injured, Fuller again,  Darius Lenonard,  Anthony Walker,  Kupp concussion,  Kupp knee, Fuller again.    Two Thursday morning stat correction loses.... sitting at 2-4 when 1 point would have me at 4-2.  

In a league where there is 5 WR/TE spots that you must fill each week, I'm starting 3 TE's:  George Kittle, C.J. Uzomah and Trey Burton.  You read that correctly, THREE TIGHT ENDS.

I’m playing against David Johnson in both leagues. 

Preemptive rant. 

Figures DJ has the best game of the year against me. 150 scrimmage yards and TDs. 

So frustrating. 

21 minutes ago, The Cam's Pyjamas said:

Who did you pick at the 2/3 turn?

12 team- Hilton Baldwin 

10 team- Thomas Green

1 hour ago, dsrich said:

12 team- Hilton Baldwin 

10 team- Thomas Green

Can understand the 12 team but surely you’d be killing it with Gurley, Thomas and Green?!?!

Anyone ever deal with a league that imposed a limit on your roster moves? Annoying as hell.

Lost my waiver bid this week on Denver's Defense.  The guy who won the bid drops him before the game.  Since it went to waivers, no one can pick them up and play them this week.

Watching the game now and Denver's DEF already has 2 interceptions for TD's.  :angry:

2 hours ago, LongBalls said:

Anyone ever deal with a league that imposed a limit on your roster moves? Annoying as hell.

Yeah it’s horrible, I don’t know why there’s a limit 

League drafts late...I draft Bell assuming he shows up on saturday b4 game....report comes out Bell not showing up...All players on waiver of course and I am waiver #7....suffice to say I didnt get him and the team who did wouldnt move him bcuz they only had CMC at RB.

Lose Jimmy G while on vacation in Hawaii....every QB i play since he went down has had their worst game of their season.

Oh my current QB you say? Thats right Baker Mayfield! he is my starting QB bcuz for some reason in my 10 team 1 QB league, 3 teams feel the need to roster 3 QBs and yet none of them have even attempted to trade a single one of them.

Want even more sadness? That would be my current RB stable...Bell/Collins/J.Allen/Barber/L. Murray/Smallwood. Drafted Mack but had to drop him to make other RB moves...oh speaking of had Cohen at one point...first 3 weeks where he didnt make much noise...I drop him and bam he goes off. Lost Ajayi too not like he was doing much but he was still a body on a high power offense.

Have had Gronk and Green on the trading block for 2 or 3 weeks now. BEST offer i have received was Crowell/R.Freeman for AJ Green.

Seeing as i might move Gronk i went ahead and claimed Ebron and Olsen. Offered Ebron for Cory Clement Straight up....rejected They say Gronk for Clement...to which i say GFY.

Next offer Clement, Sproles and Mahomes for Green, Gronk and Murray (obviously a D.Cook owner). To which again i say GFY.

Been a fun year so far...Same guy who offered Crowell and Freeman for my Green just offered the OBJ owner McCoy and Funchess tonight....so i guess its more my leaguemates suck on top of my horrible luck this year.

• Haha 1

I remember when David Johnson was a receiving threat. It’s a shame that the Arizona coaching staff doesn’t remember that. Of course I’m going up against the Denver D so I get low points for DJ and have a huge deficit due to Denver. 

2 hours ago, LongBalls said:

Whats the limit? I did one that had a limit of 15.. imagine managing a team over the course of a year and only being able to make 15 waiver wire moves.

On 10/16/2018 at 1:34 PM, smetana34 said:

1st world problem: my division is loaded. Four way tie for 1st in a 10 team, two division league. The 5th guy in my division is 2-4. We've all scored over 650 points in non ppr, and our lowest guy is outscoring  the other divisions highest scorer by 90 points. In a league where the three best records in each division make the playoffs, it's looking like we're going to have a very good team missing it. Here's to hoping it's not mine!

I never understood why leagues structure themselves with divisions. Nothing good comes out of it, just situations like yours