colepenhagen

2018 Vent & Rant Thread

All of the below is in the same league:

1) Drafted Zeke at 1 over Gurley

2) Traded James White / Calvin Ridley for Doug Martin / Randall Cobb before Week 1.

3) Traded Phillip Lindsay for Will Fuller after Week 2

4) Dropped Tarik Cohen after Week 3

5) Dropped Nick Chubb after stashing him for 3 weeks

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Is that your team that won? I look at it like this, the right team won. I mean how often does someone luck into a 34 point D/ST? Whoever that is that wonthough better hope no stat corrections this week.

No I lost. I've lost 6 straight now. I've been on the other side when I lost when a random team's defense had over 30. Like a few years back, when Julio had 300 yards or something against the Panthers...but no Ryan ******** fitzpatrick threw like 800 interceptions against the Chiefs and I still lost.

I continue to be ridiculed by the fantasy gods

6 minutes ago, WH71 said:

2) Traded James White / Calvin Ridley for Doug Martin / Randall Cobb before Week 1.

Damn thats pretty bad, i drafted Zeke over Gurley..... im 6-0 but i could only imagine if i got him #1 ugh

Edited by CABLE87
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Gryfter said:

Thanks Dalton, Boyd and Mixon. 

Game script was perfect; cant even do garbage points correctly...

I totally agree. I had B. Cooks sitting on my bench and had decided to play Boyd. I figured KC would get a decent lead, Cincy would be forced to pass, lots of garbage-time catches and yards.

The 2nd half was set up perfectly.

Unfortunately, Dalton looked like Eli out there. Did you see that INT???  What the heck did he think he saw???

On the left side there were 2 KC guys hanging back from the LOS, and 2 other guys back in coverage with 1 WR running a route. That's 4 opponent players in the area of 1 WR, and the WR was totally covered.  But hey, just heave it out there and see what happens...

At least I have Engram tonight...he  needs to get me 13 pts. PPR.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Fearfulways said:

No I lost. I've lost 6 straight now. I've been on the other side when I lost when a random team's defense had over 30. Like a few years back, when Julio had 300 yards or something against the Panthers...but no Ryan ******** fitzpatrick threw like 800 interceptions against the Chiefs and I still lost.

I continue to be ridiculed by the fantasy gods

Wow, that just sucks. Well, hopefully you get a stat correction to go your way. Then you can bask in the glory.

Played Goff over Rivers, and the difference between the two will cost me a golden opportunity to not only improve my standing, but also beat the top team in the league who was without Gordon. In fact, the difference was 6 yards. Our league has a 5 pt bonus for 300+ passing yards, and Phil was stuck at 295 for awhile, when it went up to 306. I figured Rivers would struggle a bit because of having to go to London, and being without the kind of ground game Gordon brings.

Oh well, I deserve it I guess, make the wrong decision, sometimes you pay. I can at least take some solace, at first I was kicking myself for playing Chubb over Hilton, especially when Hilton got that 2nd TD, but Chubb worked his way back such that the difference was only a half a pt between the two. I'll drop to 3-4, and if the scores remain the same, I'll be the only 3-4 team and in 7th place, but with five 4-3 teams in front of me, then 5-2, then 6-1. All I gotta do is crawl into at least 4th in the next 7 weeks, and I'll have a shot, lol. Hopefully Leftwich will help improve my 1st rounder DJ

It's crazy to me how sometimes this game works. Guy in our league has had just the absolute WORST luck when it comes to injuries (not to mention leveon bell was his 1st round keeper). Not only did he lose Delanie Walker and Ajayi to season enders but two weeks ago lost cooks to a concussion, this week loses both McCoy AND Powell and he STILL keeps winning. It's just a combination of hitting the right waiver wire pickups (like tyrell williams this week) and teams of course playing their absolute worst against him. I just know if that was me in his situation..id be 1-6 at most

21 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

Why would you start Duke though? Chubb was the only one startable, imo. Even that was looking bad until he scored the TD.

I was expecting a few more touches from Duke and thought he'd make a decent flex in half point PPR, with a few people on bye. Will proceed to drop. 

McCoy screwed me this week. I am up by 11pts in a half PPR and he has Coleman going tonight. I lose, right? 

2 minutes ago, Synyster said:

McCoy screwed me this week. I am up by 11pts in a half PPR and he has Coleman going tonight. I lose, right? 

i dunno, should be close.  ito is getting the goaline carries.  id still favor the coleman side though

Switched out kickers at the last minute.  Tavecchio for Bailey who had 13 points.  I need 8 points to win now, and with my luck this week, it probably won't happen.  Shady's 0.1 point didn't help me much either.  ?

Lost by 1 to the last place team in a league im 2-4 in (gonna be 2-5) and I had Denver D and then LeSean fuggin Mccoy with .1 points. Landry, Ben Watson, and Luck had the games of their lives. Ugh.

Not a very good week for me, unless I get a monster game out of Coleman & Engram tonight probably going to lose most my leagues.

3 hours ago, Synyster said:

I am on a huge comeback after Hunt going off last night, down 28 and still have Ryan or ridley/Ito to go play tonight. If mcccoy gets a 6-7 I am guaranteed the win and now I’m not that optimistsic. At this point would trade McCoy for Chubb

Edited by Proteus
  • Haha 1

Need 20points for coleman... I am so dead ! The bengals are killling me (dalton,mixon and boyd sucks this week)

Taco league: Playing against the ultimate taco, my neighbor's wife who just joined fantasy football this year and often forgets to set her lineup. Had Carlos Hyde (inactive) starting as well as Jared Cook (BYE), while she let Tarik Cohen and Trey Burton sit on her bench. Not the best week for me, of course, as I had to sit Gordon and obviously Fournette, but with Mixon, Ingram, Evans, Cooks, and Josh Gordon starting, along with Jared Goff and Harrison Butker, I figure I"m in good shape.  

I'm projected over her by I believe 90-68 pregame. I ended up having a slightly low day (84 points), but between Cam and Slats she's now got 80 points with Julio still to play tonight. So if he manages a mere 5 points, I'm going to lose to someone who didn't even bother to check their lineup. 

Money league: I came into the week as the top scorer by far, but had AB and Conner on bye, so I was projected under my opponent. Well, my opponent had a tough week so far. Dalton was trash, his defense got 3 points, and his kicker only 1. So instead of his projected ~136 points, he's now projected for 109.

Only problem? I started Mixon as RB1, McCoy as RB2, and Michel as Flex. Combined 10.7 from three positions. Even with Rivers, M.Thomas, and Njoku, I'm still at only 90.6 points. Opponent has 67.8, but with Barkley and OBJ to play.

So I'm screwed, in both leagues, and will drop to 3-4 in each barring a miracle.  

need 23 points from Matt Ryan ..I like my chances ..so see you guys in the Rant thread later. 

1 hour ago, JSA2422 said:

need 23 points from Matt Ryan ..I like my chances ..so see you guys in the Rant thread later. 

Matt's been on fire I'd like my chances too.

Matt Breida is glass

xpectd.gif

and P.S. Thanks Cowboys/Elliot for that huge 6 point game.

Edited by Members_Only_76

8 hours ago, WH71 said:

Adding to this:

6) Traded Zeke yesterday. Cowboys acquire Cooper today to open up his running lanes.

Freaking Marlon Mack scores 30 pts out of nowhere when I had a 90%+ chance of winning.

Crazy.

Just now, Del Rio said:

I just lost on that garbage time score to Odell with 5 sec remaining. Wow

And I just lost on that garbage time 2-point conversion to Saquon. I'm almost laughing at how stupid it is.