colepenhagen

2018 Vent & Rant Thread

6 hours ago, 24HourPiffness said:

How did the 31st ranked red zone team convert for 6/6 for TDs. I swore Houston's kicker would be money this week

Same boat man.  Kickers are frustrating this year. 

28 minutes ago, GurleyMan said:

Same boat man.  Kickers are frustrating this year. 

I've had pretty good success recently of getting kickers out of my leagues. I highly recommend this route to anyone.

1 minute ago, KennyWoo said:

I've had pretty good success recently of getting kickers out of my leagues. I highly recommend this route to anyone.

Did you edit Legatron to be RB eligible?

On 10/21/2018 at 4:13 PM, GurleyMan said:

Losing by 39 to a dude who currently has a kicker on a bye and a wr in a bye...  Thanks for my 2 points clement and Gabriel. 

This is why this game we play is 95% luck 

I'm 2-5 and in 10th place in my PPR league with Gurley and Ezekiel Elliott as my rb's and Tyler Boyd and Emmanuel Sanders as 2 of my wr's. (we start 3)

On 10/16/2018 at 12:34 PM, smetana34 said:

1st world problem: my division is loaded. Four way tie for 1st in a 10 team, two division league. The 5th guy in my division is 2-4. We've all scored over 650 points in non ppr, and our lowest guy is outscoring  the other divisions highest scorer by 90 points. In a league where the three best records in each division make the playoffs, it's looking like we're going to have a very good team missing it. Here's to hoping it's not mine!

Now to expand off this. We all won again last weekend, pushing us all to 5-2. The last place team in my division is 2-5 and just traded Gurley within our division. For who? Michel, Jordan Howard, and the owners 1st rounder the next three years (3 man keeper league so the picks won't be great.) Not only does it frustrate me that he got traded to one of my direct competitors, i didn't even get a counter to my offer. I offered him Mccaffery, and his choice of Hill/OBJ/Brown/Hilton/Gordon. I also have an extra 1st the next two years due to a trade involving Elliott last year. No counter and I was told he was unavailable. Then this crap happens when I so easily could've beaten that pathetic package. On top of that, the Barkley owner (2-5) won't talk at all and says "He's got too much going for him to trade" I'm sorry but if Gurley can go, so can Barkley lol team is below. Would really like a RB, but the rest of the quality ones are on contending teams, all in my division. Looks like I'll just have to ride with it. 

QB- Mahommes/Stafford

RB - Mccaffery/AP/Lindsay/Miller/Martin

WR - Brown/Hill/OBJ/Gordon/Hilton

K - Zuerlein

DEF - Rams 

2 minutes ago, smetana34 said:

Now to expand off this. We all won again last weekend, pushing us all to 5-2. The last place team in my division is 2-5 and just traded Gurley within our division. For who? Michel, Jordan Howard, and the owners 1st rounder the next three years (3 man keeper league so the picks won't be great.) Not only does it frustrate me that he got traded to one of my direct competitors, i didn't even get a counter to my offer. I offered him Mccaffery, and his choice of Hill/OBJ/Brown/Hilton/Gordon. I also have an extra 1st the next two years due to a trade involving Elliott last year. No counter and I was told he was unavailable. Then this crap happens when I so easily could've beaten that pathetic package. On top of that, the Barkley owner (2-5) won't talk at all and says "He's got too much going for him to trade" I'm sorry but if Gurley can go, so can Barkley lol team is below. Would really like a RB, but the rest of the quality ones are on contending teams, all in my division. Looks like I'll just have to ride with it. 

QB- Mahommes/Stafford

RB - Mccaffery/AP/Lindsay/Miller/Martin

WR - Brown/Hill/OBJ/Gordon/Hilton

K - Zuerlein

DEF - Rams 

When I see stuff like this I don't understand the point of keepers. You can pretty much expect the same exact team next season, and when your draft consists entirely of scrubs and RB/WR3's it just sounds so uninteresting. 

1 minute ago, oliminator123 said:

When I see stuff like this I don't understand the point of keepers. You can pretty much expect the same exact team next season, and when your draft consists entirely of scrubs and RB/WR3's it just sounds so uninteresting. 

You're not allowed to keep any players drafted in the first 2 rounds in my league. Solves that problem

Edited by Eddie Mush
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Eddie Mush said:

You're not allowed to keep any players drafted in the first 2 rounds in my league. Solves that problem

Not as bad. But I dislike that someone basically has a top 5 RB if they happened to pick up Conner at some point. Just unfair that you get to benefit multiple years because you made 1 good decision one time. 

12 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Not as bad. But I dislike that someone basically has a top 5 RB if they happened to pick up Conner at some point. Just unfair that you get to benefit multiple years because you made 1 good decision one time. 

That's the way real life sports leagues work too.  Which is why people like dynasty.

29 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

I've been trying to get it lowered to just two keepers. This way there's always talent available early for the teams who need help. 

53 minutes ago, Eddie Mush said:

my main problem with it is all of the bad trades it encourages as you get deeper into the season swinging the balance of power in leagues. 

7 hours ago, FrancoJavierM said:

I sat Kenyan Drake, because I was confident in my trade for TY Hilton would have gone through this morning. Woke up this morning to my trade being vetoed. I wasn't trading Drake away, but I thought Hilton would have been a better FLEX play... My match up is 40 pts ahead because of Watson and Hopkins :angry: would be more pts but thankfully he played Miamis D :D I'm a bit upset my trade was vetoed

Found out the reasons why my trade was vetoed. On Wednesday the TY Hilton owner kept asking me to trade Ebron and Cooper Kupp for him, this was before the news on Kupp was going to miss around 2 - 4 weeks and before the news of Jack Doyle back at practice. I countered him with Vance McDonald and Kenny Golladay for his TY Hilton and Cameron Brate (Brate was insurance should anything happen to McDonald). The other guy didn't want that and said he wanted Ebron and Cooper Kupp. So we did the trade. 

I find out this morning that 2 of the 4 league members who vetoed was because one of them wanted Hilton on their team and the other member wanted Ebron from me, but never asked me or proposed a trade... I gotta say this veto is a big upset in my first time doing Fantasy Football.

2 minutes ago, FrancoJavierM said:

Found out the reasons why my trade was vetoed. On Wednesday the TY Hilton owner kept asking me to trade Ebron and Cooper Kupp for him, this was before the news on Kupp was going to miss around 2 - 4 weeks and before the news of Jack Doyle back at practice. I countered him with Vance McDonald and Kenny Golladay for his TY Hilton and Cameron Brate (Brate was insurance should anything happen to McDonald). The other guy didn't want that and said he wanted Ebron and Cooper Kupp. So we did the trade. 

I find out this morning that 2 of the 4 league members who vetoed was because one of them wanted Hilton on their team and the other member wanted Ebron from me, but never asked me or proposed a trade... I gotta say this veto is a big upset in my first time doing Fantasy Football.

Your league mates are a bunch of wussies with a capital P.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Your league mates are a bunch of wussies with a capital P.

That's exactly what I said to them! :D

6 minutes ago, FrancoJavierM said:

That's a egregious misuse of vetoing power. 95% of people don't understand what it's for. 

On one hand I hate that my leaguemates in both my leagues rarely like to trade, but by the same token, I'm not sure any of them have even attempted a veto, so I'm glad about that lol

Edited by JCDaly

My dumb league where guys keep "holding on" to players just to hold on.  Guy told me he couldn't do a trade last week because he was worried about byes this week.  I had a trade line up for Drake this week, and the guy didn't pull the trigger until Thursday morning, then said he forgot there was TNF and I didn't get him in time.  Other guy I've been trying to get a RB from for weeks, and he keeps saying stuff like, "I think he might turn it around" or "I'm just not ready to give up on him.  I'm trying to get J. Howard from him.  Here are his RB:  Gurley, Conner, Crowell, Breida, D. Lewis, J. Howard, and Chubb.  He has Baldwin as his #1 WR, and Keelan Cole as his #2.  His other WR are Stills, Cobb, and Ginn (who he bizarrely hasn't cut).  I've done offers for Lewis, Breida, Howard and he keeps holding and saying he will turn it around.  WW is this and he has one of the few teams a swap makes sense.  He can't start more than 3 RB with Flex, and he hasn't started Howard or Lewis in 3 weeks.  I've offered Crabtree, Goodwin, DJax and he declines with some odd comment.  Literally trading some lower end depth for lower end depth. 

In one league, benched Watson for Goff. Which in my opinion is the right choice, which always pisses me off in FF where I make the right choice but the players don't perform the right way lol...

And in my other league, I'm facing Watson. So that's a nice hole to be in before I've scored a single point.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JCDaly said:

On one hand I hate that my leaguemates in both my leagues rarely like to trade, but by the same token, I'm not sure any of them have even attempted a veto, so I'm glad about that lol

My first league in 2016, I was coming into an established league. Nobody ever traded. I made one trade, and finally there was one late in the season. That same league in 2017, there were multiple trades throughout the season.

In my money league this year [a league I am new to], I started early in the season trying to arrange trades to boost my roster. I was talking to the commissioner and he said in past years there were basically no trades. But I got the ball rolling, and I've seen a number of other trades accepted in the last few weeks that I wasn't a part of.

I think most casual players feel weird to propose trades, and so they need to see other players doing it to realize that it's not some sort of taboo thing.

[And agreed on the vetoes. Vetoes should only be for collusion / foul play.]

• Like 1

Just now, bwarbiany said:

In one league, benched Watson for Goff. Which in my opinion is the right choice, which always pisses me off in FF where I make the right choice but the players don't perform the right way lol...

And in my other league, I'm facing Watson. So that's a nice hole to be in before I've scored a single point.  

The reason you benched Watson is becuase you were facing him in another league and hoping he stunk it up as a sneaky sit. And without Kupp Goff is even a easier sit

19 minutes ago, bwarbiany said:

My first league in 2016, I was coming into an established league. Nobody ever traded. I made one trade, and finally there was one late in the season. That same league in 2017, there were multiple trades throughout the season.

In my money league this year [a league I am new to], I started early in the season trying to arrange trades to boost my roster. I was talking to the commissioner and he said in past years there were basically no trades. But I got the ball rolling, and I've seen a number of other trades accepted in the last few weeks that I wasn't a part of.

I think most casual players feel weird to propose trades, and so they need to see other players doing it to realize that it's not some sort of taboo thing.

[And agreed on the vetoes. Vetoes should only be for collusion / foul play.]

I wish my trades got the ball rolling like yours did, but I've made the only two trades in both so far. One was just last week, but the other was week 1. Ah well, what can I do, I like trades (as long as no one is dumping to another team)

15 minutes ago, JCDaly said:

I wish my trades got the ball rolling like yours did, but I've made the only two trades in both so far. One was just last week, but the other was week 1. Ah well, what can I do, I like trades (as long as no one is dumping to another team)

Do you guys just join random leagues? 

6 minutes ago, nflcore said:

must win game and already down by 70 pts facing watson,hopkins and drake FML

Holy Cow! That's rough. Best of luck, crazy things have happened. You could mount a comeback.

• Like 1