colepenhagen

2018 Vent & Rant Thread

1 minute ago, FrancoJavierM said:

Do you guys just join random leagues? 

Mine aren't random, we all know each other in the Yahoo league I'm in, though the ESPN league I'm in some people know each other and some don't, so that may contribute to the lack of trading.

I just dropped Keke Coutee on Wednesday in 2 of my leagues.

45 minutes ago, FrancoJavierM said:

Do you guys just join random leagues? 

I think most FF players join leagues run by their friends, work colleagues, etc. Most FF players aren't all that serious. 

I'm just a weirdo that can't do anything halfway, so I'm here on RW forums trying to research may way into winning a free league and a relatively low-dollar money league. 

3 hours ago, FrancoJavierM said:

Found out the reasons why my trade was vetoed. ...

Summary for all: Don't join leagues with "league vote" vetoes.

9 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

Summary for all: Don't join leagues with "league vote" vetoes.

Why not? I have this option available and no one has abused it yet, i make it a requirement for the whole league to vote rather than 4 people max votes.

Edited by CABLE87

2 hours ago, bwarbiany said:

In one league, benched Watson for Goff. Which in my opinion is the right choice, which always pisses me off in FF where I make the right choice but the players don't perform the right way lol...

And in my other league, I'm facing Watson. So that's a nice hole to be in before I've scored a single point. 

Glad I'm not alone. This is why I love this thread.  I did exactly this.  But, I ALSO managed to bench Goff for Watson when Goff had his TNF Td fest...Anything less than 3 TDS Sunday is going to leave a mark.

28 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

Why not? I have this option available and no one has abused it yet, i make it a requirement for the whole league to vote rather than 4 people max votes.

Because it's only a matter of time. Look at all the bull**** vetoes we see on here. Unless you have a s---y commish then I much prefer commish veto.

Let me rephrase that. The manager veto system is OK if you think it's a legitimate competitive tactic to veto trades. Some people do, and fair enough, but I think most people don't.

4 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

Let me rephrase that. The manager veto system is OK if you think it's a legitimate competitive tactic to veto trades. Some people do, and fair enough, but I think most people don't.

If you have that kind of environment then you should probably just have a no-trade league.

My internet is lame.

Edited by ponza88

31 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

Because it's only a matter of time. Look at all the bull**** vetoes we see on here. Unless you have a s---y commish then I much prefer commish veto.

I am the commish....

i  dont veto ant trades..

had a guy at 5-2 trade AB, Rudolph, Collins, J Howard

for 

(2-5) Kelce,  Hines, kupp, Carson 

i upheld the trade cause the guy said to push it thru... a part of me wanted to veto this but i let it go, now the 2-5 guy is super stacked with AB Julio Hunt Ertz etc etc etc

6 hours ago, dakimbell said:

my main problem with it is all of the bad trades it encourages as you get deeper into the season swinging the balance of power in leagues. 

yeah my league is starting to get brutal. 3 teams that will easily not lose to the other 9 rest of season

How soon did y’all realize that you were going to win your league? 

I have a competitive team. Meaning, I’d beat a s---y performance, but you if shoot under par then you got me beat. 

I have no chance. 

Comparing my auction leagues with my snake draft leagues....

This is definitely the last year i’ll do snake draft money leagues. Auction let’s you make some pretty dominant teams. 

23 hours ago, FrancoJavierM said:

Found out the reasons why my trade was vetoed. On Wednesday the TY Hilton owner kept asking me to trade Ebron and Cooper Kupp for him, this was before the news on Kupp was going to miss around 2 - 4 weeks and before the news of Jack Doyle back at practice. I countered him with Vance McDonald and Kenny Golladay for his TY Hilton and Cameron Brate (Brate was insurance should anything happen to McDonald). The other guy didn't want that and said he wanted Ebron and Cooper Kupp. So we did the trade. 

I find out this morning that 2 of the 4 league members who vetoed was because one of them wanted Hilton on their team and the other member wanted Ebron from me, but never asked me or proposed a trade... I gotta say this veto is a big upset in my first time doing Fantasy Football.

Just veto all trades going forward, those leaguemates SUCK

Playing against Hopkins and Ertz. Through 3 quarters they combined for 5 points...4th quarter comes around and they get 3 TDs combined for nearly 29 points

on a similar note, ******** Philly D falling apart second half again, I can understand Cam Newton last week, but Blake Bortles?

Edited by JCDaly

I need some of my players to make ******** noise. 

Edited by shakestreet

Blount 24 yard screen...kerryon run up the middle for a loss 

• Like 1

Hurray going against cmc...20 yards but 2 TDs. Ertz 25 yards and a TD. Hopkins under 90 yards but 2tds. Everyone goes off against me. My hill catches a 40 yard pass from his mahomes but of course kelce gets the td

Edited by vthokie3

7 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

Hurray going against cmc...20 yards but 2 TDs. Ertz 25 yards and a TD. Hopkins under 90 yards but 2tds. Everyone goes off against me. My hill catches a 40 yard pass from his mahomes but of course kelce gets the td

And the 2nd CNC TD was BS.  Tipped ball should have been picked, fell right into his hands in the end zone.  I'm playing against both CMC and Cam so double BS.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

Yup I'm done his mahomes to his Watkins when I have hill. Everyone of his skill positions have scored. Cmc,Watkins, Hopkins ertz. Most points against me in the league and that trend continues. Dont know why I bother

Edited by vthokie3
  • Like 1