colepenhagen

2018 Vent & Rant Thread

28 minutes ago, FF4life said:

Other way around.

80% skill, 20% luck.

I wonder what algorithm those dfs insiders were using. Would love to take a look at that. Would that be considered skill though. 

19 hours ago, AlexxelA said:

WHen you are 4-4 and have the most points scored and most points against on the year...

Yep. Most points scored and I'm hoping that Gronk and the Buf defense don't have HUGE games tonight so I can improve to 4-4 in this league. I don't have most points against, but it's close.

This Josh Gordon news is the cherry on top of the worst week of FF I've had in years. 

What a DOPE. 

Anyone care to explain this to me? Look at my roster in my signature. I literally have top 5 players at every, single position. #1 QB, #1 and #4 WR, two top 5 RBs and then my TE, Def and K are all top 5 as well. Im averaging 141 points a game in our .5 PPR league which is by far the most. However, I just lost again this week and in 4th place in a 10 team league at 5-3. WTF? The guys in 1st and 2nd have like 1 player each in the top 10 at their positions and my team is absolutely stacked from top to bottom. Makes zero sense. 

Top team in my league just traded away Phillip Lindsay......for Michael Thomas...... Feels bad man.

Probably would have lost by 0.2 points if that last Bills TD had counted.  The pick six on the next play iced it for me.

Brees and Brady combined for 20 points in my 2 qb league lololol.  Thought I was money on draft night,  not.sure either are in the top 10 in points.

Suffered my first loss of the year so this is a first to vent about a loss.

- I started two guys coming off an injury, Randall Cobb and Chris Thompson over guys that have been rock solid all year in ppr leagues. (OJ Howard and Jalen Richard) So I left 30 points on my bench. 

- I started Jamesis Winston this week and he murdered me. 

- As a result, I lost my 3 freakin points as I needed at least 65 points from White, Brady and Edelman and I could ill-afford have the Pats kicker continue to kick fgs as it was my opponents only active guy left. So yea end result I lost my 3 points. Brady couldn't throw a damn td. A part of my soul died when the Bills td was overturned and on the very next play Anderson threw a pick 6. 

dead lea michele GIF

39 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

Anyone care to explain this to me? Look at my roster in my signature. I literally have top 5 players at every, single position. #1 QB, #1 and #4 WR, two top 5 RBs and then my TE, Def and K are all top 5 as well. Im averaging 141 points a game in our .5 PPR league which is by far the most. However, I just lost again this week and in 4th place in a 10 team league at 5-3. WTF? The guys in 1st and 2nd have like 1 player each in the top 10 at their positions and my team is absolutely stacked from top to bottom. Makes zero sense. 

You're in good shape to get to the playoffs and you're team is stacked. Just make it in and hope things even out.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

First place guy 6-2 in my league has 5 more points for than against. It’s all luck and weekly matchups. I have Julio, green, Barkley, Gordon, luck, kelce and I’m 3-5. Every week I lose because one guy gets 35 points. Sometimes you just have to realize FF is much less skill than ppl believe. Your 5-3, don’t worry bout it. I however have one more week of killer byes and could be 3-6.... no bueno.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

First place guy 6-2 in my league has 5 more points for than against. It’s all luck and weekly matchups. I have Julio, green, Barkley, Gordon, luck, kelce and I’m 3-5. Every week I lose because one guy gets 35 points. Sometimes you just have to realize FF is much less skill than ppl believe. Your 5-3, don’t worry bout it. I however have one more week of killer byes and could be 3-6.... no bueno.

Very true. Although my team is first in points for snd first in points against. My team has to put up massive weeks to win weekly as I can never have a non stressful week yet I’ve been winning. Ishh sucks and that’s the breaks sometimes. 

10 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Very true. Although my team is first in points for snd first in points against. My team has to put up massive weeks to win weekly as I can never have a non stressful week yet I’ve been winning. Ishh sucks and that’s the breaks sometimes. 

Ok well the guy in my league is middle pack points for and against lol well below me. It’s juts a dice roll sometimes lol

2 hours ago, shakestreet said:

LOL 

90% luck 

I dont care what anyone says, this is 99% luck. That 1% is reserved for knowing how to place non bye players in your lineup. Then again there are people who lose to others who have bye players in so I'm gonna go with 99.9999% luck.

i just got ******** stat-corrected. lost by 1.7 points because they added 2 points to the Pats DST score at some point 2 hours after the game. fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. 

8 hours ago, yossarian said:

i just got ******** stat-corrected. lost by 1.7 points because they added 2 points to the Pats DST score at some point 2 hours after the game. fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. 

I feel your pain !!!   I have lost on two stat corrections this year.   

3 hours ago, smash10033 said:

I feel your pain !!!   I have lost on two stat corrections this year.   

it's just so brutal. i really needed this win to keep pace with the other playoff hopefuls and now i'm back in the middle of the pack and it was against a team that just isn't that good. i thought i had eked out a super close one and then...that. damnit. 

Of course I'm going against Rudolph who's only hit double digits once, and hasn't scored a TD since Week 3, freaking recovers a fumble for a TD (hoping they look at it, and determine that Murray got in and give the TD to him)

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, JCDaly said:

Of course I'm going against Rudolph who's only hit double digits once, and hasn't scored a TD since Week 3, freaking recovers a fumble for a TD (hoping they look at it, and determine that Murray got in and give the TD to him)

that worked out for you. congrats. 

5 minutes ago, yossarian said:

that worked out for you. congrats. 

Lol, thanks, if he's gonna score, I'd rather he score in a more normal fashion, like on a pass catch

Not the week to start Newton over Mahomes I guess.