colepenhagen

2018 Vent & Rant Thread

In my taco league, I've now lost to a team that started a TE on bye and an RB out injured. This week with a loss to the 2nd place team, I will drop to 5th place [of 8 teams] behind said team as well as another team that had 3(?!) positions on bye and didn't adjust the lineup, but had Matt Ryan and Kareem Hunt, so got enough to win.

In my money league, I came into this week the overall points leader. With my score this week, it looks like I will extend my lead as the top-scoring team of the week. As such, I will improve to 5-4 which will only be good for 4th place out of 12. Which means another bad break or two [and I've had enough to be points leader at 5-4] and I could drop back out of playoff contention.

Wasted Thomas' blowup.....bc Cousins, JBrown, Kerryon, Sutton, Lindsay were his running mates this week.  Opponent had Howard, Kamara, Mahomes, Allen.

Went against conner this week. Might lose off of his great performance. 

Bears defense played well enough to keep mitch off the field too lol

f--- the lions for trading tate to a team on bye week

Edited by Guwop

5 hours ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Facing:

Bears D

Ridley

Mccaffrey

Murray

im toast after a half lmao

Add Brees and Cooks to that list. 

I have Adams and Elliot left plus Dallas Defense and there’s still no way I’ll catch up. 

4 hours ago, MyFistYourFace said:

F you Kirk Cousins

I second this...

especially when Goff is on my bench

Faced the highest scoring team in 2 leagues. Would've beaten the other 10 teams in each league. Faced Hunt and Thomas in both.

I suffered my first loss of the season in my dynasty league (Thanks Cousins you F'ing bum) and I am no longer undefeated. Guy got lucky having to start Duke Johnson (bc of byes) and then of course he had Hunt, Thomas, and Matt Ryan go off. So heated I lost.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, LeeVanCleef said:

Faced the highest scoring team in 2 leagues. Would've beaten the other 10 teams in each league. Faced Hunt and Thomas in both.

I suffered my first loss of the season in my dynasty league (Thanks Cousins you F'ing bum) and I am no longer undefeated. Guy got lucky having to start Duke Johnson (bc of byes) and then of course he had Hunt, Thomas, and Matt Ryan go off. So heated I lost.

When fantasy is life..

• Like 1

Was up against Mcaffrey, Allen and superfriends. Had Carson die early, Cam a rushing td taken away on a phantom shift, Legatron shank a 50 and miss out on a fg from a trick play, etc. Mike Evans completely killed my chances. Somehow managed to claw my way back thanks to Gordon but finished a pt and some change away from the win... Really needed that win. Now 3-6 in 16 team 8 in and it's likely over for me 

Edited by Wyzzil

I'm so angry :angry:.

I get that things are out of your control in FF, and luck blah blah blah. I started 0-4, then rebuilt things with a couple of trades and went 3-1. In the midst of that, my solid FLEX and RB cover turned to dust thanks to one real-life trade (I had Yeldon and Hyde) but I had still put myself in with a chance of the playoffs. I had a very winnable week 9 matchup with a guy who had Wentz on a bye and who had his own real-life trade problem when Golden Tate was suddenly on a bye too. Win that and I'm 4-5, with a very tough week 10 but then the 0-8 guy in week 11.

Then the guy I'm facing this week is given this trade: he gives up Tyreek Hill and Evan Engram...and gets Christian McCaffrey and Josh Gordon.

Wow.

At the time I thought that the other guy had just given him the win against me. Now I know he has. And that's my season over. I know I'll be calmer about this tomorrow, and I have to suck it up when my own incompetence costs me games (which it so often does), but it's really annoying when somebody else's incompetence does the job..

4 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

I'm so angry :angry:.

I get that things are out of your control in FF, and luck blah blah blah. I started 0-4, then rebuilt things with a couple of trades and went 3-1. In the midst of that, my solid FLEX and RB cover turned to dust thanks to one real-life trade (I had Yeldon and Hyde) but I had still put myself in with a chance of the playoffs. I had a very winnable week 9 matchup with a guy who had Wentz on a bye and who had his own real-life trade problem when Golden Tate was suddenly on a bye too. Win that and I'm 4-5, with a very tough week 10 but then the 0-8 guy in week 11.

Then the guy I'm facing this week is given this trade: he gives up Tyreek Hill and Evan Engram...and gets Christian McCaffrey and Josh Gordon.

Wow.

At the time I thought that the other guy had just given him the win against me. Now I know he has. And that's my season over. I know I'll be calmer about this tomorrow, and I have to suck it up when my own incompetence costs me games (which it so often does), but it's really annoying when somebody else's incompetence does the job..

What a dumb trade.  I’d light a bag of dog s--- on his door step..

Cohen - 2.3

Evans - 2.6 (1 catch - 10 targets)

Need Dallas D to get me 19 to make up for those Ls. 

Had MIA D locked in last night, changed to Dallas this morning.  lmao kms

Played Ingram and Kerryon Johnson over Coleman, and played Carson over josh Gordon. Streamed Dustin Hopkins 

4 hours ago, Ffguy0087 said:

Traded Chubb away for Ingram this week. Swell 

Sorry to hear that bro

1 hour ago, Wyzzil said:

Was up against Mcaffrey, Allen and superfriends. Had Carson die early, Cam a rushing td taken away on a phantom shift, Legatron shank a 50 and miss out on a fg from a trick play, etc. Mike Evans completely killed my chances. Somehow managed to claw my way back thanks to Gordon but finished a pt and some change away from the win... Really needed that win. Now 3-6 in 16 team 8 in and it's likely over for me 

My rant is that I had Allen and CMC and still lost. f--- Cohen, f--- Ingram,  and f--- Sony’s knee.

Started yesterday’s early games completely smoking my opponent. Projected something like 158-109. Thought I was a lock to win. Check back after late games and oh crap, Jeff Heuermann (??) and Drew Brees went off on me. All I needed for the night game was Aaron Rodgers to outscore Josh Gordon. Pretty easy right? :mellow:

Of course, I would have beaten every other team in the league by at least double digits... except the one I played. 

Hello losing record.

If, I started Jared Goff instead of Kirk Cousins 

I would have won by a margin of .14

crying 

team now stands at 4-5 

4 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

If, I started Jared Goff instead of Kirk Cousins 

I would have won by a margin of .14

crying 

team now stands at 4-5 

What was your rationale for starting Cousins (who was without Diggs nontheless) over Goff who was set up for a likely shootout with New Orleans? I'm sorry, but with that decision, you deserve to lose lol.

• Like 4

I hate fantasy football.  This team is 5-4 and yet I have the most PF by over 100!  Stupid, stupid, stupid fantasy football.  Granted I had Boyd, Mixon and Jeffery on bye, this should've been a win.  I can't upload the image but the score 146.1 - 146.9 and he still has Cooper going.

1 minute ago, Godfather131 said:

What was your rationale for starting Cousins (who was without Diggs nontheless) over Goff who was set up for a likely shootout with New Orleans? I'm sorry, but with that decision, you deserve to lose lol.

It is very easy to look what happen after the games are over. 

Both Cousins & Goff’s teams were playing horrible pass defense teams. Both QBs have been spectacular. The last three games Cousins has outplayed Goff. When Diggs was ruled out i was thinking maybe I should make a switch, now I wish I did. I was worried about the Rams not having Kupp ... 

Thank you for keeping me on my toes 

4 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

It is very easy to look what happen after the games are over. 

Both Cousins & Goff’s teams were playing horrible pass defense teams. Both QBs have been spectacular. The last three games Cousins has outplayed Goff. When Diggs was ruled out i was thinking maybe I should make a switch, now I wish I did. I was worried about the Rams not having Kupp ... 

Thank you for keeping me on my toes 

No. There's no question I would've played Goff over Cousins. Cousins is inconsistent. What format are you in where Cousins has outscored Goff the last 3 games? In my league, last week Cousins had 24.7 points while Goff had 32.5...

Detroit is decent against pass and got a new pass rusher in Damon Harrison.

Easy choice to play Goff here. Hindsight has nothing to do with it.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Godfather131 said:

No. There's no question I would've played Goff over Cousins. Cousins is inconsistent. What format are you in where Cousins has outscored Goff the last 3 games? In my league, last week Cousins had 24.7 points while Goff had 32.5...

Detroit is decent against pass and got a new pass rusher in Damon Harrison.

Easy choice to play Goff here. Hindsight has nothing to do with it.

Cousins last 3 games were against Ariz, NYJ & NO 68 pts 

Goff last 3 Den SF & GB 58 pts 

Detroit was 22nd  

NO was 30th 

Go F with somebody else .. sayonara 

38 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Cousins last 3 games were against Ariz, NYJ & NO 68 pts 

Goff last 3 Den SF & GB 58 pts 

Detroit was 22nd  

NO was 30th 

Go F with somebody else .. sayonara 

One of those matchups (When Goff played Denver and got under 10 points) drastically skews those numbers. And to me, what Goff did in Denver 2 weeks ago has little bearing on my assumption that he would outscore in Cousins who was without Diggs during his matchup with the Saints in a likely shootout.

Think what you want, but I'd argue most would've started Goff over Cousins too.

When you are deciding who to start, do you really ignore personel, matchup, etc and use scoring from 2 weeks ago in different circumstances to make your choice for you?

Incredible.

Good day sir.

EDIT: Cousins without Diggs, Cooks coming back (points to more running). Saints without their top pass rusher (Davenport) and their high octane offense point to a shootout. Saints allow more points to opposing QBs on a per game basis. Also, Goff was projected more points in all formats. Really, there's nothing that pointed to Cousins being the better play here, man.

Edited by Godfather131