colepenhagen

2018 Vent & Rant Thread

28 minutes ago, Godfather131 said:

One of those matchups (When Goff played Denver and got under 10 points) drastically skews those numbers. And to me, what Goff did in Denver 2 weeks ago has little bearing on my assumption that he would outscore in Cousins who was without Diggs during his matchup with the Saints in a likely shootout.

Think what you want, but I'd argue most would've started Goff over Cousins too.

When you are deciding who to start, do you really ignore personel, matchup, etc and use scoring from 2 weeks ago in different circumstances to make your choice for you?

Incredible.

Good day sir.

EDIT: Cousins without Diggs, Cooks coming back (points to more running). Saints without their top pass rusher (Davenport) and their high octane offense point to a shootout. Saints allow more points to opposing QBs on a per game basis. Also, Goff was projected more points in all formats. Really, there's nothing that pointed to Cousins being the better play here, man.

I should have started Goff ... You are right. I made a mistake. 

on the site fantasy pros 90% were with Goff. 

I went against that advice, I lost because of that.  

I mirrored the scoring for my nfl.com league on espn .. cousins was projected for 27 Goff 25 

fantasy sharks non ppr Cousins was projected ahead 

I am very frustrated, I needed this win, My season isn’t over yet 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

I mirrored the scoring for my nfl.com league on espn .. cousins was projected for 27 Goff 25 

Never listen to "expert" predictions or projections. 

Always do your own research. 

• Like 2

Why are people relying on others to make their lineup decisions?

It's how you lose weeks and end up in this thread.

I hear it time and time again, "I should have trusted my gut!!"

Matchup and last week's eyetest is all I need.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

As a tiebreaker I usually pick the QB who is playing in the game with the higher o/u. I trust Vegas projections over fantasy gurus.

Saints Rams had o/u of 57.5

Vikings Lions was 47.5

• Like 3

I lost by .2 on that pick 6 + sack by Chargers D ...such is life 

1 hour ago, affliction said:

As a tiebreaker I usually pick the QB who is playing in the game with the higher o/u. I trust Vegas projections over fantasy gurus.

Saints Rams had o/u of 57.5

Vikings Lions was 47.5

Awesome post that helps 

2 hours ago, shakestreet said:

If you're going to start taking advice from experts do yourself a favour and ignore 99% of them and only pay attention to the top ranked overall and at each position - and even then don't take it as gospel.

Essentially you, I or anybody else can register themselves as a fantasy 'expert' on FP, so the bad ones can really skew the consensus rankings.

On 11/4/2018 at 10:56 AM, SlugBait said:

Not the week to start Newton over Mahomes I guess.

Is there ever such a week?

18 hours ago, bwarbiany said:

In my taco league ... of 8 teams...

Aren't all eight-team leagues taco leagues?

Lost by less than a point because the Patriots decided they needed to do an end around with Edelman when the game was already decided. They couldn't just kneel or give it to their running back. No. That would be too easy. 

15 minutes ago, mbell317 said:

Lost by less than a point because the Patriots decided they needed to do an end around with Edelman when the game was already decided. They couldn't just kneel or give it to their running back. No. That would be too easy. 

I might lose because of this too.  Thankfully my opponent still needs Dak Prescott to play lights out today.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, mbell317 said:

They needed 2 first downs to then begin to knee on the ball, the end around sealed the game for them as the Packers had no TOs after that play and the Pats had a 1st down.  If they just run up the middle and the Packers stuff it, Rodgers would have gotten the ball back more than likely.

It was a great playcall albeit a bull**** one for fantasy purposes but this is the Patriots they always bull**** fantasy owners esp when their RB carousel is injured. 

3 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

They needed 2 first downs to then begin to knee on the ball, the end around sealed the game for them as the Packers had no TOs after that play and the Pats had a 1st down.  If they just run up the middle and the Packers stuff it, Rodgers would have gotten the ball back more than likely.

It was a great playcall albeit a bull**** one for fantasy purposes but this is the Patriots they always bull**** fantasy owners esp when their RB carousel is injured. 

They were up by 14 points. 

The game was over regardless. They didn't need to run out the clock on that possession. 

They could give it back to Rodgers and the game would still be over.

Just now, mbell317 said:

They were up by 14 points. 

The game was over regardless. They didn't need to run out the clock on that possession. 

They could give it back to Rodgers and the game would still be over.

Lol okay do you even understand how to close out an NFL game from a coaches perspective.  You cannot give Rodgers the ball back in this situation and must try to get a 1st down.  Running up the gut would be a give up throw away play and that's exactly what the Patriots rarely do. 

3 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

Lol okay do you even understand how to close out an NFL game from a coaches perspective.  You cannot give Rodgers the ball back in this situation and must try to get a 1st down.  Running up the gut would be a give up throw away play and that's exactly what the Patriots rarely do. 

Calm down.

I'm not even saying it was a bad play. But you made it sound like it was necessary for them to win the game:

"They needed 2 first downs to then begin to knee on the ball, the end around sealed the game for them as the Packers had no TOs after that play and the Pats had a 1st down"

Needed? They didn't need it. Your post makes it sound like they were up 3 or 7 and Rodgers could get the ball back and tie.

Again, I'm not saying the end around was a bad play or the wrong play.

My original post was just based on the fact that it was funny and frustrating they gave it to Edelman and it was that play that caused me to lose by less than point. Just funny. 

For the 1st week this season, I had to start both Ingram and Drake due to bye and injury. I prepared for this situation weeks in advance and thought I had bye-pocalypse covered. Both were playing at home against defenses that were middle of the pack against the run. I trusted them... Pathetic performances.

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, mbell317 said:

Calm down.

I'm not even saying it was a bad play. But you made it sound like it was necessary for them to win the game:

"They needed 2 first downs to then begin to knee on the ball, the end around sealed the game for them as the Packers had no TOs after that play and the Pats had a 1st down"

Needed? They didn't need it. Your post makes it sound like they were up 3 or 7 and Rodgers could get the ball back and tie.

Again, I'm not saying the end around was a bad play or the wrong play.

My original post was just based on the fact that it was funny and frustrating they gave it to Edelman and it was that play that caused me to lose by less than point. Just funny. 

Its a very s---y way to lose and I agreed with you there as I noted the Patriots rarely do a give up play that so many teams in this situation do.  Of course Edelman gets a reverse to screw you, thats typical FF and I feel for ya bud but on the flip side I was going against Adams and I did not want to see Rodgers get the ball back.  I cheered when I saw that the Patriots creative play calling got them a 1st down when they only needed 1 more to ice the game and not allow DA to get garbage time points.

2nd week in a row that I'll probably lose (Need Zeke to score 23 points in standard) with the 2nd highest score in the league and my playoff hopes are going to be left in tatters at 3-6

Last week I played against Tubisky/Mixon/Kamara/Conner/White/Evans/Kelce

This week I played against Goff/CMC/Howard/Cooks/Vikings DST and effin Stafford who isn't on my opponents team but gifted the Vikings DST 18 points :angry:

To be fair, I have to take blame for sitting Ryan for Wilson and JG for Golladay this week too.

6 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

Its a very s---y way to lose and I agreed with you there as I noted the Patriots rarely do a give up play that so many teams in this situation do.  Of course Edelman gets a reverse to screw you, thats typical FF and I feel for ya bud but on the flip side I was going against Adams and I did not want to see Rodgers get the ball back.  I cheered when I saw that the Patriots creative play calling got them a 1st down when they only needed 1 more to ice the game and not allow DA to get garbage time points.

Ohhhhh so your bias comes out. LOL. 

Just kidding but that's funny...

As you said many teams would not be so aggressive in that situation. Many would just play it safe, not risk a turnover, and punt it away and win regardless.

My point is still that the Patriots didn't "need" to do it. They did it because they could. And they are arrogant and knew they could get away with it. And it was a great play. But it wasn't necessary. So not sure how you can bring up this coach's perspective stuff since you also admitted many coaches wouldn't do that.

Glad you won your matchup though. 

Edited by mbell317
edit

Lost 700$ of my bet  because I had under 49,5 points in Washington vs atlanta.... just 3points! Julio jones 's late TD killed me... wtf

im currently 2-6 due to getting decimated by injuries, byes and straight up bad luck at times.

take for example tonight--i need 7 points from ryan succup to win a matchup i projected to lose by 50 points.

the titans, who never score touchdowns, have scored 3 td's tonight.  ok ill take 3 points from succup, but i really need field goals.

FG attempt finally arrives and what does succup do?  shanks a ******** 28 yard FG. first one in like 55 tries.  fml i quit fantasy football.

Needed 3 yards out of dak on that last sequence.  Good call on the wr pass play.  Peewee s--- Garrett.  Go to hell.

Lost by 1pt on Dallas Def on that last TD run by Mariota.

Frustrating pick, Dallas Def. I had to drop R Wilson backup QB and D Baldwin to make room for Dallas Def.

On 9/15/2018 at 6:12 PM, SharkSwimmer said:

My rant is against those who are still arguing that Josh Gordon will ever play another snap in the NFL.

That one didn't turn out to be spot on.  Them's the breaks.

Will Amari Cooper have two good games in a row? F you Coop. Oh, and F you Doug Baldwin. Never again. Wait half your season for these guys to produce but end up having to drop them as your season continues to spiral down the toilet. Thanks for nothing!