colepenhagen

2018 Vent & Rant Thread

2018 Please go away !    

Did a ton of Mock Drafts.   Key notes: Do not draft Baldwin or Stafford.    Target.  Mahones,  White,  Mcaffery,  Kupp and Fuller.   

Internet dies...  Auto Draft  I end up taking Mckinnon round 3,   Baldwin Round 4,   Evan Engram 5,   Stafford 6,  Minnesota 7

Before season Mckinnon out,   Baldwin lame,  Engram gets hurt,   Stafford sucks,  Got myself Kupp and Fuller who both got lightly injured once and then  out for the year.  Replaced Evan Engram with OJ Howard... who quickly got hurt and i replaced with Brate... Howard comes back... he gets knocked out for the year.    My mysteriously gets injured immediately before one game ( Zureline).   I get lucky and make some key IDP pickups.... Constantly streaming because they are constantly getting banged up and ruled out last minute.     

Year is an uphill Battle and my team finally gets in 6th place.    I have Davante Adams,  Baldwin,  Marvin Jones and Anthony Miller for week 12.      Baldwin pulls his groin.   I miss starting Miller on Thanksgiving and Marvin Jones is still out.   SO i pick up Goodwin this morning for the Tampa Match up.   Yahoo alert just 10 minutes ago.   He has now become doubtful for the game.  

F this year.   I have 3 waiver moves left and i am done.  

2 hours ago, smash10033 said:

2018 Please go away !    

Did a ton of Mock Drafts.   Key notes: Do not draft Baldwin or Stafford.    Target.  Mahones,  White,  Mcaffery,  Kupp and Fuller.   

Internet dies...  Auto Draft  I end up taking Mckinnon round 3,   Baldwin Round 4,   Evan Engram 5,   Stafford 6,  Minnesota 7

Before season Mckinnon out,   Baldwin lame,  Engram gets hurt,   Stafford sucks,  Got myself Kupp and Fuller who both got lightly injured once and then  out for the year.  Replaced Evan Engram with OJ Howard... who quickly got hurt and i replaced with Brate... Howard comes back... he gets knocked out for the year.    My mysteriously gets injured immediately before one game ( Zureline).   I get lucky and make some key IDP pickups.... Constantly streaming because they are constantly getting banged up and ruled out last minute.     

Year is an uphill Battle and my team finally gets in 6th place.    I have Davante Adams,  Baldwin,  Marvin Jones and Anthony Miller for week 12.      Baldwin pulls his groin.   I miss starting Miller on Thanksgiving and Marvin Jones is still out.   SO i pick up Goodwin this morning for the Tampa Match up.   Yahoo alert just 10 minutes ago.   He has now become doubtful for the game.  

F this year.   I have 3 waiver moves left and i am done.  

Just not your year.  If I accidentally autodrafted Baldwin and Stafford and a defense in round 7 I would be super tempted to quit that league on the spot.

My rant is that Nagy is coaching like a great clueless idiot but the Bears D is so good that they are 8-3, causing many casual observers to conclude that Nagy has any idea what he is doing.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

My rant is that Nagy is coaching like a great clueless idiot but the Bears D is so good that they are 8-3, causing many casual observers to conclude that Nagy has any idea what he is doing.

Head Coaches are measured by Wins and Losses.

Not style points.

• Like 1

I get it that people who invested high picks in guys like Howard and Burton are upset - but please, let’s stop pretending that Nagy is a clueless idiot and the Bears are only winning due to defense.  Chicago is averaging nearly 30 points scored per game - the sixth-best offense in the NFL.  Give Nagy at least some credit for knowing what he’s doing.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BMcP said:

I get it that people who invested high picks in guys like Howard and Burton are upset - but please, let’s stop pretending that Nagy is a clueless idiot and the Bears are only winning due to defense.  Chicago is averaging nearly 30 points scored per game - the sixth-best offense in the NFL.  Give Nagy at least some credit for knowing what he’s doing.

He is definitely turning the offense around, and as a Bears fan, it’s a welcome sight to see a playoff bound team. For fantasy this is great for Cohen and Trubisky. However for real life purposes, we should have beaten Green Bay and Miami. I’m a bit worried that his crunch time decisions will cost the team in the playoffs. Again, completely fantasy unrelated though.

Edited by WaiverLooter

Never had a week like this with injury luck...

My wr2, hill has a bye so I was hoping green would be back. Of course it looks like he's out. I also have baldwin who popped up with a groin injury and is a gtd. I also picked up Tre'quan Smith who was inactive. So out of desperation yesterday,  I picked up... marquise goodwin. Out of nowhere he leaves the team and now im scrounging for Kendrick Bourne. 

13 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Just not your year.  If I accidentally autodrafted Baldwin and Stafford and a defense in round 7 I would be super tempted to quit that league on the spot.

Lol I wanted to!!! I’m the commissioner though and literally stuck in fantasy hell! 

13 hours ago, BMcP said:

Helps to put up points when your defense gives you the highest turnover ratio in the NFL

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, BMcP said:

Do they count defensive scores in the totals? The Bears D has scored six TDs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He said some credit. Not all the credit. Tunnel vision all the flaws and ignore anything good.  Mitch's Passer rating, YPA and NYPA are all notably better from last year. The passing numbers are not just better because of volume. Efficiency has made notable improvements. 

They scored 26 Offensive TDs all last year. They are already scored 32 offensive TDs in 5 less games.

3rd down efficiency is up, Red Zone efficiency is up, yards per drive is up.  But its all because of field position, turnover and defense?   K guys.

Yes, this is vent at the obviously bias takes that always go on the Howard threads.  We freaking know Nagy ruined a good running game. That the play calling on offense doesn't match a team with a great defense and a Meh QB.

Passing game improvement will shadow running game regression in the modern day NFL though.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, BMcP said:

But my Jordan Howard isn’t scoring 

/s

Trading Chubb instead of Mixon before the big breakout.  Garbage decision. Bengals look like the Raiders. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

Did ESPN take off the 22 yd run by Michel? 

There was a holding penalty on the play.  

Ingram and MT didnt do anything, his Ryan got garbage time, I started Wilson/Olsen over Rivers/Njoku. Awful week. Will need to win the last two weeks to get in playoffs.

Oh and Gould doesnt even get an xp filling in for Zuerelin

Edited by vthokie3

16 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

Ingram and MT didnt do anything, his Ryan got garbage time, I started Wilson/Olsen over Rivers/Njoku. Awful week. Will need to win the last two weeks to get in playoffs.

Oh and Gould doesnt even get an xp filling in for Zuerelin

Update my Wilson does all the work on that drive and his Carson gets a gimmie td. So lucky