BetterCallHinkie

Tobias Harris 2018-2019 Season Outlook

I was on 2nd place cruise control heading towards end of season, now I take a hit..no matter how you justify it, it plain sucks,!! Also, sucks 1st place team has Harrell!! Damn, weird trade!!

4 minutes ago, Eleqtrique said:

It's that simple. Don't know why people are arguing with how many wins they currently have. 

Tanking doesn't just mean that you're gunning for the 1st pick overall. They want to keep their pick and yeah, if they can get a top 10 pick they'd be pretty happy. 

The Clips want to keep their pick as it would be an additional asset moving forward. They don't want to make the playoffs. They were just better than anticipated while other teams were a bit underwhelming. The 8th seed gets them a loss of a first round pick and a 4-0 whooping against the Warriors. You know LeBron is gunning for the playoffs and they will make it. 

Jerry West isn't done making moves. 

Definitely not done. I'm expecting Gallo and Lou Will to be moved soon. 

3 minutes ago, Starvela said:

I was on 2nd place cruise control heading towards end of season, now I take a hit..no matter how you justify it, it plain sucks,!! Also, sucks 1st place team has Harrell!! Damn, weird trade!!

I know what you mean. Same exact situation for me. Now I think I have to make some adjustments. I picked up Caris though, maybe that helps mitigate some of this

6 minutes ago, mcflywalker said:

Correct, but for me this is bewildering because the clippers were in the playoffs. They could’ve traded elsewhere to bring in guys to help Tobias. But clearly he wasn’t in their future plans. That Miami pick is ultra valuable, but what move do they make at this juncture that helps them maintain their seed and continue their playoff run?

IMO the move points to an AD push. With AD, I don’t think they’d have the necessary pieces to compete against the kings and the other vultures a few games off. So maybe they focus on next season. They (hypothetically) have AD for another year, cap space to sign Kawhi and fillers, and if they got low enough, they have that 1-14 protected pick to get a young stud.

I actually got the sense that this is an AD push, especially with how Clips falling off the playoffs devalues both C's picks significantly. That said, SGA is their only viable young player left that could be traded to the Pels. And Maybe Shamet? Nowhere near Tatum or any if the Lakers core. 

8 minutes ago, Starvela said:

Same. My core went from Brodie-Vic-Gobert-Drumm-Tobias-Jrue to Brodie-Gobert-Drumm-Jrue-Barton-TobiasLite -_- Man, Boogie better shape up

The %s were already good so the good percentages thing is not really a thing. Lower volume will mean it boosts our percentages less. No way he doesn't get a BIG hit. Rebounds, Points, Assists down. Only thing that can go up is threes.

11 minutes ago, mcflywalker said:

Correct, but for me this is bewildering because the clippers were in the playoffs. They could’ve traded elsewhere to bring in guys to help Tobias. But clearly he wasn’t in their future plans. That Miami pick is ultra valuable, but what move do they make at this juncture that helps them maintain their seed and continue their playoff run?

IMO the move points to an AD push. With AD, I don’t think they’d have the necessary pieces to compete against the kings and the other vultures a few games off. So maybe they focus on next season. They (hypothetically) have AD for another year, cap space to sign Kawhi and fillers, and if they got low enough, they have that 1-14 protected pick to get a young stud.

I think you’re right, I’m just looking for any shred of hope as a Gallo and Toby owner. Maybe Gallo will be traded into a good situation \_(ツ)_/¯

30 minutes ago, mcflywalker said:

Twolves didn’t just trade away Towns in the midst of their run. And one can argue, if they weren’t so beat up, they’d be higher in the standings. They really should do away with Wiggins, however.

The point is that not all teams that miss the playoffs tank at the end of the year. Maybe guys rest but teams locked into the playoffs also have incentive to rest stars late in the year. 

On a less greedy perspective I’ve become a big Toby fan this year so I’m personally glad he has a chance to make a really deep run in the playoffs and get some national exposure and big payout next season. He seems like such a hard worker and overall great citizen of the league.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Purple Hippo said:

I think you’re right, I’m just looking for any shred of hope as a Gallo and Toby owner. Maybe Gallo will be traded into a good situation \_(ツ)_/¯

Definitely understandable. For Toby, I definitely see it as a little bleaker. I was on the butler-will-be-fine train, and it turned out pretty tough for me to find a trade partner weeks in. But who knows, Tobias may benefit from easy passes. I do expect his 3s to go up actually.

On the gallo front, there’s a slew of teams that could use him. Perhaps HOU which would be awesome. 

7 minutes ago, jaysfansince2015 said:

good news for gallo and harrell ? anyone else benefiting from this trade ?

Probably more Harrell, less gallo

Gallo definitely benefits if he’s healthy and I seriously doubt they’re moving that contract. 

I'm holding onto SGA to see how that shakes out

Also fired out a multitude of Butler/Tobias trades

Edited by RCRanger03

46 minutes ago, Starvela said:

Very interesting as the 2nd place team and I are in a similar situation.  I have Embid, Gallo and Montrezl. He has Tobias and Jimmy Butler. It helps he has Harden, but I think his team take a bit of a hit.

20 minutes ago, jaysfansince2015 said:

good news for gallo and harrell ? anyone else benefiting from this trade ?

Very curious to see who plays the SF position in LA. I see Gallo move to the PF spot. They could play 3 guards as they do like to play small ball a lot. But I can't see Chandler being anything than a back up. Maybe Motley or Robinson get a lot of burn. 

So what do we expect ROS?  It is not a perfect trade, but it is not a terrible one.

For me, playoff schedule (3-3-3) is the worst.

I expect hit in pts and reb;   ast, to and %s should stay the same with slightly better 3pt, stl  and blks

Something like 14 pts , 4reb,  2.3 3pt, 2.6 ast, 0.9 stl, 0,8 blks  with 50% and 85%

1 minute ago, Gile Pile said:

So what do we expect ROS?  It is not a perfect trade, but it is not a terrible one.

I expect hit in pts and reb;   ast, to and %s should stay the same with slightly better 3pt, stl  and blks

Something like 14 pts , 4reb,  2.3 3pt, 2.6 ast, 0.9 stl, 0,8 blks  with 50% and 85%

Honestly, I think the fears of Tobias regressing that much is overblown. Philly has like no bench now, and their starting 5, while amazing, is not as good as the Warriors, so they have to stagger their big 4 quite a bit. Tobias, being the best floor spacer and shooter out of that big 4, will probably play a lot of minutes because he slots in perfectly beside Jimmy, Simmons and Embiid. If anything, I can see Jimmy and Simmons taking a hit because imo Harris is a better scorer than either of them. I really don't think Toby will take that much of a hit, and can probably still avg 19-20 ppg. 

2 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

Sixers still have no bench (as of now) so with stagerring playing time I think Toby can still get up to 16-17 ppg and maybe 5-6 boards. Other numbers look in line though 

7 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

Agree on the ghastly 3-3-3 PO schedule, but, furthermore, the Sixers only have 1 more 4 game week until fantasy playoffs (week 21). Oof.

I'm more concerned with playoff schedule tbh. Tobias can still average 17ppg, as I stated above, since their bench is non-existent. Think GSW, but with an even worse bench. Trying to package him with Jrue and reach for Kawhi, banking on DNP discount

Damn. I think I'll hold. Drafted Tobi for four years straight now. He's my guy. It'll be interesting to see where he lands in the offseason.

Sent out 5 panic trade offers, denied for Middleton of course haha. Now I have both Butler and Tobias on the same team which is a double loss of production.