Sign in to follow this  
RedDogNamedClippers

Carmelo Anthony 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Even though I didn't necessarily want him, the utter disrespect in drafts made me have to pick him up. Even if he gets me 16,5,5 on I hope 45% shooting, that is serviceable beyond belief to me. I think in an auction draft I got him for $3. Thats terrible, I know he hasn't been the greatest but he ain't $3 bad.

• Like 3

On 10/7/2018 at 8:14 PM, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Even though I didn't necessarily want him, the utter disrespect in drafts made me have to pick him up. Even if he gets me 16,5,5 on I hope 45% shooting, that is serviceable beyond belief to me. I think in an auction draft I got him for $3. Thats terrible, I know he hasn't been the greatest but he ain't $3 bad.

you overpaid...he didn't even go drafted in my auction league LOL

1 hour ago, scienze said:

you overpaid...he didn't even go drafted in my auction league LOL

12 team league?  I find it hard to believe that Melo would be left undrafted in a 12 team league. He's definitely better than rank 156! There's gotta be one or two owners in that league taking a flier on long shot"upside" potential players for Anthony to end undrafted. Who's the last/worst player in your bench?

23 minutes ago, Ajax said:

12 team league?  I find it hard to believe that Melo would be left undrafted in a 12 team league. He's definitely better than rank 156! There's gotta be one or two owners in that league taking a flier on long shot"upside" potential players for Anthony to end undrafted. Who's the last/worst player in your bench?

its a 10 team league 

• Like 1

Just now, scienze said:

its a 10 team league 

Ok, that makes more sense, though he could still be a valuable streamer in 10 man leagues.

21 hours ago, Ajax said:

For the punt assist teams he's top 60.  

Man I just noticed this:

In 136 minutes with the Rockets so far (four preseason games, one regular season game), Melo has zero assists.

He was one of my favorite players.  It is just sad to see the steep decline he has had....

3 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

He was one of my favorite players.  It is just sad to see the steep decline he has had....

Same story with rebounds. Guy should be a better rebounder, and the fact he isn't just screams lack of effort. I think he was under 6 RPG last season. I drafted him anyway because the potential to post 15-5-2 with a triple as late as he was being drafted makes him nearly zero-risk and an easy unemotional drop because he's just another chump to me (never been a favorite player of mine).

On 10/7/2018 at 11:14 PM, RedDogNamedClippers said:

maybe 16/5 but no chance he gives you 5 in any other category. I got him for 1$ in my auction league and think that's exactly what he's worth at this point in his career.

This dude is washed lol, he shouldn't be on any rosters. At this point he's being drafted purely on name value.

I regret wasting my pick on him, dropped for tucker and Danny green in all my leagues that I own him, I’ll let someone else deal with him. Melo kinda reminded me of Kobe a few years before his retirement, all there is to him are bricks and his name tag

6 minutes ago, Tyboogie said:

I regret wasting my pick on him, dropped for tucker and Danny green in all my leagues that I own him, I’ll let someone else deal with him. Melo kinda reminded me of Kobe a few years before his retirement, all there is to him are bricks and his name tag

only kobe still had a 60 point game left in him

id be shocked if melo was capable of scoring even 30 

11 minutes ago, scienze said:

only kobe still had a 60 point game left in him

id be shocked if melo was capable of scoring even 30 

On 50 shots (21 of them threes).  Big accomplishment.  The efficiency was unreal.

Melo is done - but give Melo 25 shots, he is capable of getting 30.

Just now, Tekno Team 2000 said:

On 50 shots (21 of them threes).  Big accomplishment.  The efficiency was unreal.

Melo is done - but give Melo 25 shots, he is capable of getting 30.

any time u have more points than shot attempts, you did good. always remember that. 

Just now, scienze said:

any time u have more points than shot attempts, you did good. always remember that. 

What, um, no - all it means was he jacked up so many shots some were bound to go in, but he was still washed.  Just like Melo is now.

Klay getting 60 in 33 shots (14 three point attempts) - that was impressive

Kobe getting 60 with 50 shots (21 three point attempts) - not so much

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, scienze said:

No, any time you have more shots than points, you definitely did badly as a scorer.  But that doesn't mean that any time you get more points than you have shots that you "did good" either.  If someone scored 90 points on 89 shots, I promise you their team would lose.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

What, um, no - all it means was he jacked up so many shots some were bound to go in, but he was still washed.  Just like Melo is now.

Yeah right - anybody in the world can score 60 if he shoots it 50 times in a NBA game ...it's really not impressive at all. Hold my beer!!!

57 minutes ago, scienze said:

No, any time you have more shots than points, you definitely did badly as a scorer. 

giphy.gif

Edited by jstep13

52 minutes ago, Tom Chambers said:

No, any time you have more shots than points, you definitely did badly as a scorer.  But that doesn't mean that any time you get more points than you have shots that you "did good" either.  If someone scored 90 points on 89 shots, I promise you their team would lose.

lmao

regardless, 60 points on 45% for a shooting guard is not even good, its GREAT

especially when it came in a win 

58 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

you must have not watched the game if you think it wasn’t impressive. especially the 4th where he put the team on his back in the clutch and even hit the game winner. he started off really bad and then beasted in the last 3 quarters.