Sign in to follow this  
RedDogNamedClippers

Carmelo Anthony 2018-2019 Season Outlook

For reference a 40% 3 point shooter will score 12 points on 10 attempts or 1.2 points per shot.  Except actually it’s more than that because he will sometimes go to the line and that won’t count as a FG.  An elite shooter such as Curry will average 1.5 points per possession over the course of an entire season.  That’s not even a good night for him.  

50 minutes ago, jstep13 said:

giphy.gif

I'm basically saying that just because you didn't hit each car four times at 10 mph doesn't mean you did a good job of parallel parking.  Hitting them four times each at 10 mph definitely means you did a bad job.  But you can still be bad at it without doing that.

The rule of thumb is that if you have more shots than points, you were really bad when it comes to scoring.  But not "really bad" doesn't equal "good".  There is a huge gulf in between "really bad" and "good".  Anyone on this forum, for example, knows that Doug McDermott is a "really bad" player to have on your team the whole year.  Everyone also knows Khris Middleton is a "good" one.  But there's a lot of players between McDermott and Middleton. 

• Like 1

OMG need to find my memory wipes for the last few hours of this thread.

Can we stop talking about Kobe Bryant in the Carmelo Anthony thread please? Thank you

-22 tonight.  If Houston had any hopes of competing this year they’d pay this horrific loser to go away.  He’s absolutely atrocious in every regard in the real life game of basketball.  Just go away dude.  It’s over.

• Like 2

Just to confirm, this guy is droppable in 10-Team leagues right? Like there's no resurgence he's going to have?

6 minutes ago, yeet said:

Just to confirm, this guy is droppable in 10-Team leagues right? Like there's no resurgence he's going to have?

This guy is droppable in a 30 team league.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guess the better question was he was owned in first place?  There’s always that one team.  Thunder realized it quickly and moved on.  If Houston was smart they’d cut immediately.  Nothing to add to an nba team anymore.  His ego outweighs anything he can add to a team.  

Unpopular opinion: he'll be allright and a decent source for 3s, PTS and RBD once he has fully adjusted to the Rockets. Wouldn't drop in a 12+ team league if he fits your build.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, RoyGonzo said:

Unpopular opinion: he'll be allright and a decent source for 3s, PTS and RBD once he has fully adjusted to the Rockets. Wouldn't drop in a 12+ team league if he fits your build.

Have you seen any indication to assume this ? I have him in a 12 team league and drafted him looking for what you just listed, but i dont see his numbers going up much from here ...

On 10/22/2018 at 12:08 AM, RoyGonzo said:

im with roy. Might as well bench him intill he gets stuff together. And paraphrasing what mike dantoni said, hes a professional and will eventually figure out. Probably is still trying to get used on the fact he doesnt have the luxury to take 30 shots to find his groove. 

IDK guys. Personally watching him these past 2 seasons. His body language doesn’t look like his heart is in it anymore. I thought playing with his good friend CP3 would motivate and possibly have some career resurgence. The crazy thing is only a couple years ago this guy was considered elite. He’s falling off faster then any star player ever without a serious career like injury. It’s almost sad. 

8 minutes ago, Slime said:

He’s falling off faster then any star player ever without a serious career like injury. It’s almost sad. 

Allen Iverson? I liked AI though. He had heart and kinda got screwed. Don't care much for Carmelo or even remotely feel sorry for him.

21 minutes ago, gymchamp said:

Allen Iverson? I liked AI though. He had heart and kinda got screwed. Don't care much for Carmelo or even remotely feel sorry for him.

Iverson was treated bad by the NBA. Plus his style of play became outdated and once he lost his athleticism he became somewhat obsolete. He couldn’t guard a parked car in Denver. Melo still can do be decent at the minimum, I just don’t think the hunger is there for it.

i love to see people overreact and spaz out 2 weeks into the season...lol

it's what i come here for...:ph34r:

Melo is hoops God. That's for khasm 13.

Was just getting ready to drop him for the next flavor of the week and he drops a good line. Now I need to wait to see if he will revert to his shell of his former self when the Rockets get healthier.

29 minutes ago, rando said:

Melo is hoops God. That's for khasm 13.

Was just getting ready to drop him for the next flavor of the week and he drops a good line. Now I need to wait to see if he will revert to his shell of his former self when the Rockets get healthier.

so it was just a semi-spaz on your part...got it...lol

Do we think he keeps up a decent role? I know the % aren’t sustainable , but with a healthy tram eventually just feel like less shots to come