Sign in to follow this  
RedDogNamedClippers

Carmelo Anthony 2018-2019 Season Outlook

4 minutes ago, calebcjy said:

Do we think he keeps up a decent role? I know the % aren’t sustainable , but with a healthy tram eventually just feel like less shots to come

I thought he’d be around 16/6 with 2.5 threes before the season began and think he will maintain somewhere around there. That said, 16/6 with 2.5 threes and no assists, stocks would put him only around top 100 depending on the percentages. 

Dunno why his percentages wouldn't be sustainable? He's gonna be open a lot on this team. Other than last year he's shot over 43% every year since his rookie year. He's 44.9% on his career and shooting 44.6% now. His career ft% is 81.1 and he's shooting 68.2% ft right now. I'd think that would go up a fair amount. I just wonder if his blocks are sustainable. I honestly hate Carmelo both as a player in real life and usually in fantasy. If he can maintain the 0.9 blocks then he'd have some real value. That's prob unrealistic though.

Just woke up from a nap, go to check scores and see headline Carmelo: returns to okc. Check my fantasy lineup.... apparently he returned to go 0/7. 

He's one of the worst players in the NBA who gets minutes. Literally does nothing well. 

Sad to see his catastrophic fall from grace.

Seems like the only system he fits into is one where he's constantly relied upon as the number one option to be an iso scorer in the midrange... and at 34, I don't think he has that capability anymore, even on a lottery bound team.

32 minutes ago, alclayno said:

Seems like the only system he fits into is one where he's constantly relied upon as the number one option to be an iso scorer in the midrange... and at 34, I don't think he has that capability anymore, even on a lottery bound team.

It is tough for a former star to realize they just don't have it anymore. He is cooked. How many more teams does he bounce around to until he realizes that he isn't a star or a starter or a key part of any competitive team. 

He’s done.  I thought maybe he could average 16/6 with 2+ threes and be low end playable in 12 team leagues and larger, which he has basically done.  But in real life he plays no defense and contributes nothing other than low efficiency scoring.  Then his 1/11 game came and the one thing he was good at is no more.  I just wished I hadn’t rostered him for his 1/11 game before dropping him and Gary Harris for his terrible game while trading him away was being processed.  That was a needless 2/20 or so between the two of them.  Back to melo, I think the top of your wire is better at this point, no matter the league depth.  Guys like Garrett Temple and Shelvin Mack were available even in my 16 teamers and I think they’re a no brainer over him.  

1 hour ago, alclayno said:

1 hour ago, thezing1 said:

It is tough for a former star to realize they just don't have it anymore. He is cooked. How many more teams does he bounce around to until he realizes that he isn't a star or a starter or a key part of any competitive team. 

Reminds me of Allen Iverson. Once AI no longer held the alpha dog role he crashed out of the league pretty quickly.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Reminds me of Allen Iverson. Once AI no longer held the alpha dog role he crashed out of the league pretty quickly.

Good call. Melo has to be having the retirement thoughts come through his head. Not retirement because he can't play a role in the league. Retirement because he would prefer nothing over not being a star. I was never a melo fan. Found him very overrated and selfish. Never understood why he was labeled a winner because of his one and done college career. 

7 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Thinking the same thing.  Remember him going to Detroit. AI still wanted to be a starter. This was when RIP and most of that championship squad was still there. RIP said look, you can start, I'll sit down. Didn't work out though. RIP played the nice guy, couldn't have been me in any environment. Not when I've been a integral part of a org  for years and this guys comes in demanding to start. I be damn! Samuel Dalembert stated once AI played his last hurrah in Philly, he just wasn't the same. FG% was terrible. 

I like the comparison to A.I. 

These guys depended a lot on their athleticism and once that was gone, they fell back to earth pretty hard.

Compare them to Jordan who had both athleticism AND skill, was able to score 50+ at 38 years old, but I digress lol

Melo might head to Lakers after this, iono

1 minute ago, fantasm said:

I like the comparison to A.I. 

These guys depended a lot on their athleticism and once that was gone, they fell back to earth pretty hard.

Compare them to Jordan who had both athleticism AND skill, was able to score 50+ at 38 years old, but I digress lol

Melo might head to Lakers after this, iono

More likely Melo is heading to the Fort Wayne Mad Ants or China or his couch.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, StifleTower2 said:

More likely Melo is heading to the Fort Wayne Mad Ants or China or his couch.  

He's doing a 2k benjamin button 

19 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Melo needs to just accept the Vince Carter role. 

I agree of course, but part of the problem is that he can’t, not that he won’t.  Prime Melo was extremely athletic and he’s always been big.  He could either penetrate or just play bully ball on isolation.  He was never an elite shooter.  Neither was Vince Carter, but Carter developed a better shot over time.  Now Melo is just a fat old guy who is a decent but not great shooter.  Ofc Melo is also a ****ful defender.  I thought he could carve out low end standard league value but if he’s going to shoot 1/11 and his only job is to shoot well...I think any good Divison I shooting guard is going to be better than Melo.  If your only job is to make open shots that Harden and CP3 set up for you well I know people who can do that.  Shooters are cheap.  If your only job is shooting and you can shoot...welcome to ??!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Melo needs to just accept the Vince Carter role. 

He is an egomaniac, that train is long gone. He was laughing when that reporter asked him a legit question if he should come off the bench, and that response says everything. The league and the game have changed over the years, those who couldn't adapt or refused to are all out of the league (or will be soon). Melo is the one who just refuses to change, who never plays for the team but for himself.

I said to my friends 5-6 years ago that Melo will never win a ring playing significant role on any team, and they wouldn't believe me. And here he is, can't event be a relevant bench player, but he's mad if he's not starting. 

So, that being said, I'm dropping Melo as soon as John Collins gets healthy and removed from the INJ list.

• Like 1

Someone mentioned earlier that they see him going to the Lakers. If D’antoni The offensive guru can’t help Melo with CP3 and Harden feeding you the ball then I don’t expect better results with Luke Walton and Lebron and Ball/Rondo feeding you the ball. I rather keep beasley than Melo.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Someone mentioned earlier that they see him going to the Lakers. If D’antoni The offensive guru can’t help Melo with CP3 and Harden feeding you the ball then I don’t expect better results with Luke Walton and Lebron and Ball/Rondo feeding you the ball. I rather keep beasley than Melo.

Lakers just picked up Tyson Chandler to plug up their defensive holes, they're not going to go out and create more holes by signing Melo, atleast I hope not!  I mean offense isn't our problem