Sign in to follow this  
Dreams And Dwightmares

CMC or Mike Evans? WHIR

15 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

PPR league. 

Please give me thoughts and reasoning for why you feel the way you do. 

WHIR

We're talking second round pick right? Then in a vacuum CMC is probably slightly more valuable as the ideal PPR back, but I would let it depend on your first round pick.

I have a slight preference to have both an RB and a WR after 2 rounds. I won't reach for it, but if it's these 2 guys, you have a pleasant choice.

• Like 1

That's a tough one. With Olsen healthy, Anderson a decent upgrade over Stewart and Panthers spending a high draft pick on a WR his situation doesn't look like it improved this offseason. Being in his 2nd year now that should work in CMCs favor and he finally started to show positive signs as a runner toward the end of last season after being abysmal in the beginning. Also, working in CMCs favor is he is one of the top receiving backs in the league (#1 in targets, #3 in catches last year, #5 in yards and #2 in TDs) which gives him a strong floor in PPR where he is one of the more consistent RBs week to week.

Evans has plenty of threats as well with Howard and Godwin another year more mature, Winston's suspension and Cameron Brate was resigned (Evans got a new big contract too). He is still one of the premiere RZ threats at 6ft 5 and with his skills although last year he only hauled in 5 of 19 RZ targets (and 1 of 9 within 10 yards) which leaves plenty of room for improvement although he has more formidable competition than his 12 TD years. I think the Bucs bringing in Jones actually helps Evans since helps to balance the offense and Jones isn't that big of a back so they likely won't use him much in the RZ and instead throw it up to 1 of their 3 6ft 5in targets. 

I think Evans has the higher upside but I would personally go with CMC. He plays a shallower position and is a very steady PPR producer while Evans is a bit TD dependent. 

• Thanks 1

Give me more info Dwight!

I typically like going RB RB whether its ppr or not but i don't like mccaffrey that early. Id prefer Howard in that spot and grab CJA like 5 rounds later.

Id say Evans out of the 2 but id rather look elsewhere

• Like 1

I’d go Evans. I feel CJ Anderson will have a much bigger impact than people think.  I see CMC as a bust candidate. The concern though with Evans is those first games without Winston at QB so both have risk. I’d still rather have Evans though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GreatScott! said:

I’d go Evans. I feel CJ Anderson will have a much bigger impact than people think.  I see CMC as a bust candidate. The concern though with Evans is those first games without Winston at QB so both have risk. I’d still rather have Evans though. 

I like Evans more with Fitzmagic slinging it. Hope he keeps the job.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

I hear what you're saying. 

These 2 started 3 games together last year. I forget stats off top of head but it was something like:

6/100/0

5/80/0

3/95/1

That's pretty darn good for a receiver with a backup QB

• Like 1

I feel Evans is just the bigger talent.. his QB situation is precarious..but, still...I'd go with the talent

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

You may be right. I always underestimate Fitzmagic. 

• Like 2

Fitzmagic is not a great real life QB, but he slings with no abandon. Like I said, I like Evans more with him. Winston is trash. And a trash person to boot.