Stefan

Jarrett Allen 2018-19 Season Outlook

On 11/28/2018 at 9:34 PM, summersoff7 said:

BLOCK SOMETHING!

Send him a hate message on Instagram for a block.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, MysticPeak said:

Send him a hate message on Instagram for a block.

Haha, are you referring to the  IG comment Jarret responded to about avoiding taking 3s.... ?

Edited by Donqueefa
clearer

im holding, i picked up ed davis on my streamer spot as his handicap. hope he bounces back

This guy is starting to become the biggest disappointment of the year. He really hasn't gotten any better from the 2nd half of last year. Now I really wasn't expecting his peak to be much higher than his peak was last year, but I sure in the heck expected to see that peak much more consistently. But nope, he's the exact same hit or miss starter he was last year 

1 hour ago, Dominator83 said:

This guy is starting to become the biggest disappointment of the year. He really hasn't gotten any better from the 2nd half of last year. Now I really wasn't expecting his peak to be much higher than his peak was last year, but I sure in the heck expected to see that peak much more consistently. But nope, he's the exact same hit or miss starter he was last year 

Okay I’m confused. How can JA be considered a  big disappointment when last year he averaged 8.2 pts, 5.4 rebs, 0.7 ast, 1.2 blks and 58%FG compared to this year (his 2nd yr) at 12.2 pts, 8.3 rebs, 1.6 ast, 1.4 blks on 59% FG. 

How high did you set your expectations? I’m more than happy with JA’s development this year. The Nets don’t run plays for him. His stats come from PNR lobs and put backs. He has a chance to become a 15 and 10 guy next year with the Offense going through him a little bit more. There aren’t many 12 and 8 guys sitting on the wire in standard leagues to my knowledge. If he’s your -#1 center then trade him for something better. If he’s your #2 or 3 center then I’m sure your happy with his production and will live with his dud games. 

• Like 1

Well he's certainly no disappointment but I was expecting way more blocks. Going 9 and 3, 6 and 8 hopefully doesn't become a norm. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ejaggit said:

Well he's certainly no disappointment but I was expecting way more blocks. Going 9 and 3, 6 and 8 hopefully doesn't become a norm. 

The team dynamic changed a lot once Levert got hurt. JA and Levert had tremendous chemistry and D'Lo is a chucker not a facilitator so there's an adjustment needed. The Nets are clearly very high on Allen and at some point I can see them focusing on running more plays for him, especially since their current losing skid and plummeting record are going to require some sort of change. We'll see though. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MynameisMudd said:

The team dynamic changed a lot once Levert got hurt. JA and Levert had tremendous chemistry and D'Lo is a chucker not a facilitator so there's an adjustment needed. The Nets are clearly very high on Allen and at some point I can see them focusing on running more plays for him, especially since their current losing skid and plummeting record are going to require some sort of change. We'll see though. 

100% - I watched a few games when Levert was healthy, and he used to always look for Allen on the dribble drives. DLo is a chucker, and Allen is not getting any touches anymore. 

Hopefully these are just 2 dud games, and he can get back to getting some good numbers

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cozie said:

Okay I’m confused. How can JA be considered a  big disappointment when last year he averaged 8.2 pts, 5.4 rebs, 0.7 ast, 1.2 blks and 58%FG compared to this year (his 2nd yr) at 12.2 pts, 8.3 rebs, 1.6 ast, 1.4 blks on 59% FG. 

How high did you set your expectations? I’m more than happy with JA’s development this year. The Nets don’t run plays for him. His stats come from PNR lobs and put backs. He has a chance to become a 15 and 10 guy next year with the Offense going through him a little bit more. There aren’t many 12 and 8 guys sitting on the wire in standard leagues to my knowledge. If he’s your -#1 center then trade him for something better. If he’s your #2 or 3 center then I’m sure your happy with his production and will live with his dud games. 

Hes no better than he was the 2nd half of last season. Same inconsistent guy. I play in points leagues, and he has far too many nights where he ends up in the teens. 30 is average. The first 2 games of them season he put up over 40 in each and thought he would be consistent with it. But nope. He has more games where he gives under 30 than he does above 30

12 minutes ago, Dominator83 said:

Hes no better than he was the 2nd half of last season. Same inconsistent guy. I play in points leagues, and he has far too many nights where he ends up in the teens. 30 is average. The first 2 games of them season he put up over 40 in each and thought he would be consistent with it. But nope. He has more games where he gives under 30 than he does above 30

I feel you. So annoying. In my league, he's ranked 60th, but not a lot of guys ranked around there have his potential. I've almost given up on him breaking the top 30ish.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, brosephd said:

i shoulda took the trade for otto...

I took that exact same deal and i’ve been pretty happy since. Bound to be a few ups and downs with Otto so just hope theres a time when Allen gets hot and Otto gets cold so you can try and re send the deal.

11 hours ago, Cozie said:

Okay I’m confused. How can JA be considered a  big disappointment

I can only think of one scenario where he is a big disappointment. If you copy-pasted rankings like I saw that had him in the 30s overall, and expected to get full freight from him. My rankings had him between 65-75 and that is right where Yahoo has him right now. He is golfing at par. Too much upside to sour on him right now, and who are threats to his production? RHJ? Some old dudes? Maybe Kenny Atkinson's rotation management but even that is a big stretch.

On 2018-12-04 at 10:09 PM, rando said:

I can only think of one scenario where he is a big disappointment. If you copy-pasted rankings like I saw that had him in the 30s overall, and expected to get full freight from him. My rankings had him between 65-75 and that is right where Yahoo has him right now. He is golfing at par. Too much upside to sour on him right now, and who are threats to his production? RHJ? Some old dudes? Maybe Kenny Atkinson's rotation management but even that is a big stretch.

The true threat to his production is DLo - things haven't been the same since Levert got hurt.

• Like 1