Sign in to follow this  
hoopking

LaMarcus Aldridge 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Started the season very well. He has struggled while key players around him have gotten injured and out. They lost Murray, Gay was hurt, and Gasol out. These guys are just a system that needs to play together. Gay is back already, White is back. 

Aldridge will be fine.

6 points on .250 fg%  This guy is an absolute train wreck.  Shooting 41% now on the season.   loser cant even score on Gortat lol

Edited by summersoff7

I thought I got a steal when I dealt DeAndre Jordan to get him......

making me think twice.

4 hours ago, j3rkthenurk said:

Still a buy low candidate.

I'm looking at that, but there is a distinct chance that the spacing on this team is really starting to kill them. The honey-moon is over of DD on the team and teams will have done their scouting now. There just isn't much space for LMA. I'm sure he bounces back a bit, but I'm not sure how much I want to offer for this guy. This is kinda what I expected from the Spurs this year. Spacing issues and poor defense with DeMar-LMA combo. They need Bryn out there for spacing, but he is a terrible defender. If they bring in Mills the defense gets even worse and White is unproven at this level and so far looks shakey. I said before the season (even before Murray went down) this team isn't amking the playoffs...starting to look more likely at the moment. DeRozan is EVERYTHING for the Spurs right now, but that's not really sustainable. I mean I want to buy low on LMA, but I'm real hesitant...

Edited by Jake the snake

1 minute ago, Jake the snake said:

I'm looking at that, but there is a distinct chance that the spacing on this team is really starting to kill them. The honey-moon is over of DD on the team and teams will have done their scouting now. There just isn't much space for LMA. I'm sure he bounces back a bit, but I'm not sure how much I want to offer for this guy. This is kinda what I expected from the Spurs this year. Spacing issues and poor defense with DeMar-LMA combo. They need Bryn out there for spacing, but he is a terrible defender. If they bring in Mills the defense gets even worse and White is unproven at this level and so far looks shakey. I said before the season (even before Murray went down) this team isn't amking the playoffs...starting to look more likely at the moment. DeRozan is EVERYTHING for the Spurs right now, but that's not really sustainable. I mean I want to buy low on LMA, but I'm real hesitant...

That is true.. but he is still taking 15 shots and is taking a ridiculous amount of rebounds. If his shot does go in, then you have yourself a quality player. I just think its worth the risk.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Jake the snake said:

Two of the best midrange shooters in the NBA modern era of 3s:lol:

On 16/11/2018 at 5:25 PM, j3rkthenurk said:

That is true.. but he is still taking 15 shots and is taking a ridiculous amount of rebounds. If his shot does go in, then you have yourself a quality player. I just think its worth the risk.

A big IF his shots goes in, but 2/11 fg? He needs to find his rhythm or Derozan trade will be for nothing.

That's why if you get a jumpshooting big, better make sure he goes all the way out to the 3pt line or the risk-reward is skewed towards the downside. I'm still a firm believer that LA will right the ship, though he needs a couple of 60% FG% games to bring his averages up to last year. 45% should be more than enough.

Edited by ellejamil

Like I'm debating trading Sabonis for him but I'm worried I wont get value back...last year he was crushing, crazy what happens over an off-season

My FG% is too high today, good thing I have this stiff whose gonna go 4/18 from the field to even it out.

I can't remember the last player to be such a negative in FG%.

After today's game he may dip below 40% on 16 shots a game.

What the hell is wrong with this guy?

I actually started Siakam over LMA tonight. Thats the level of confidence I have in this bum. Uninterested beta male

• Like 1

Watching spurs games just makes me sad.  I'm starting to think this guy is washed up.  Super lazy on defense.  Drafted him specifically for % and he ***** the bed in that cat almost every single night.  

A game shouldnt have to come down to a discussion whether there was a foul or not, but he was fouled in the last play there.

• Like 1

As a Spurs fan, its been frustrating owning LMA this year. His shot is so off at the moment :( As a fantasy player, there is not much we can do other than hold out and wait for his shot to start to fall. You're unlikely to get value for him in a trade.

At least he is still putting up over 16 shots a game so he is getting the looks, and he has shown on nights when he is on, he is on. Just needs some good consistency 

Pretty, pretty, pretty good! 

Much better... More of these monster games pls

14/25 shooting for 33 pts 13 boards + a few assists&blocks... Gold

Edited by chaiway

His highlights was a sight of beaut. But he takes so many high level of difficulty shots, no wonder he's been bricking. Just have to hope he strings together some 20+ games.