NYR Fan 116894

Taywan Taylor 2018 Outlook

I think the current absence of Rishard Matthews helps no one more than Taywan.  If he can show well now, a starting WR spot could be his to lose.

Seemingly marginal height for the perimeter & a bit lean, which is often an issue vs bigger, stronger DBs. But possesses an excellent combination of suddenness & speed, dangerous after the catch. As noted, could be just coincidence, but he's more than just some decoy type. Anytime they find a way to run a WR open, Taylor's the sort that's capable of turning those into home runs. 

9 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

He's JAG. If Rishard is back he will be relegated to getting left over scraps on Mariota escaping the pocket come back plays. 

Younger, faster, and better metrics across the board.  Was a prolific WR in college.  I like Matthews, but he's about the epitome of a JAG.  This'll be his 7th season I believe and he's yet to have a 1000 yard season.  Also, most people don't realize he's already 28.  I would argue Taywan's ceiling is much higher.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

Younger, faster, and better metrics across the board.  Was a prolific WR in college.  I like Matthews, but he's about the epitome of a JAG.  This'll be his 7th season I believe and he's yet to have a 1000 yard season.  Also, most people don't realize he's already 28.  I would argue Taywan's ceiling is much higher.

Matthews isn't a JAG. He was a top-30 WR just 2 seasons ago and regularly outplayed Parker while in Miami.

2 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

Matthews isn't a JAG. He was a top-30 WR just 2 seasons ago and regularly outplayed Parker while in Miami.

Maybe JAG is strong, but I'm not going to pretend he's some irreplaceable juggernaut in this offense.  And come on, dude.  He regularly outplayed Devante Parker?  One of the biggest busts of the last few years?  That's really saying something.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, CharlieWhitehurst said:

I still do not trust this offense at all for fantasy, except Walker. 

Interesting.  I'm quite the opposite; I want as much of this offense as I can get this year.

• Like 1

I don't think I can give attention to a 4th receiving option on a run-first team that has struggled to support even 2 receivers with production at the same time. Rishard Matthews is the only WR in a Mariota offense to even eclipse 60 catches. 

Edited by P@ckersFan
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, P@ckersFan said:

I don't think I can give attention to a 4th receiving option on a run-first team that struggles to support even 2 receivers with production at the same time. 

nvm, cyghost already covered it

Edited by pastorofmuppets2

3 hours ago, JoeJoe88 said:

Put a calendar reminder on your phone in 5 years from now to Google how many 1000 yard seasons Taylor has had.

(Fast Forward to 2022) See the answer is 0.

Tag me in a Taywan Taylor 2022 Season Outlook post and say, "Dreams dude, you were right, this jabroni is a typical JAG"

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Put a calendar reminder on your phone in 5 years from now to Google how many 1000 yard seasons Taylor has had.

(Fast Forward to 2022) See the answer is 0.

Tag me in a Taywan Taylor 2022 Season Outlook post and say, "Dreams dude, you were right, this jabroni is a typical JAG"

Done.

• Like 2

I thought he would be good last year.  I drafted him.  He wasn't.

He's on the field because Rishard is not.

Don't over think.

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 4:42 PM, jmausen said:

I thought he would be good last year.  I drafted him.  He wasn't.

He's on the field because Rishard is not.

Don't over think.

Good call...

This dude has shined all training camp. Good preseason showing. 

He has the deep threat role in a heavy play a action system. 

Happy to have him as a boom bust wr3 because he will boom quite a bit. 

Undervalued right now in the umpteenth round. 

Edited by Lord_Varys
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Tis' a shame as soon as Rishard hits the field Taywan's going to be relegated back to the bench...right guys?  RIGHT?!