shaolincage

Brandon Ingram 2018-19 Outlook

I dropped for J Holiday in 10 teamers.

He does have the potential to have 1-1-1 average for the season but his lack of 3s is critical as the competition for 3s, in general, seems higher than ever. With WW constantly presenting all of these upside players, Ingram's upside isn't enough to hold in 10 teamers. 

7 hours ago, Cozie said:

I’m sooo close to dropping this guy. I can’t give him away. Everyone in my league agrees with the LeBron Effect. 

If BI isn't hindering you too much, I would keep him.  But in my case, he was destroying a delicate balance with free throw percentage (this was early on.. say week 2 - 5).  I don't like the way he plays.  He seems to always want to go in head first... and although I admire him trying hard.  He can't hit free throws.. so what's the point in driving that hard?  

Just rolled his ankle on Aldridge's foot. Shot the FT, then walked off with a limp.

Maybe he comes back this game, maybe not. I would guess it is not too bad.

Dudes got all the talent in the world just look at his performance last season when L.Ball was injured and the fact that Luke Walton still doesn't stagger him in the lineup with Lebron James is going to continue to limit him and stunt his growth! He belongs on the 2nd team as the playmaker!

On 12/6/2018 at 3:51 PM, shaolincage said:

Does anyone have any faith this guy will be decent going forward?

he’s going to have a post ASB breakout 

56 minutes ago, COBBLEPOT said:

he’s going to have a post ASB breakout 

Yeah when he learns how to shoot FT and get some stocks that may happen.

He's basically Wiggins but worse.

35 minutes ago, blob2004 said:

Yeah when he learns how to shoot FT and get some stocks that may happen.

He's basically Wiggins but worse.

the free throws have been a problem .. but hes close to averaging a steal and a block .. he definitely has 1-1-1 potential 

ingram is also a much better rebounder and passer than wiggins 

lebron has hindered his game thus far, but i fully expect his talent to overcome that once the dust settles in 

2 things I'm hoping

1) for him to get traded

2) someone else gets traded so he can have more opportunities

But truth be told, it's LeBron who's been keeping him from producing good offensive numbers.

The floor is not as open as its used to be when LeBron keeps hanging out at the top of the key when BI wants to ISO or play pick and roll from the wing.

On 12/17/2018 at 6:27 AM, wisegeeks said:

2 things I'm hoping

1) for him to get traded

2) someone else gets traded so he can have more opportunities

But truth be told, it's LeBron who's been keeping him from producing good offensive numbers.

The floor is not as open as its used to be when LeBron keeps hanging out at the top of the key when BI wants to ISO or play pick and roll from the wing.

Kuzma is also a better player so naturally that takes away opportunity from Ingram.

15 hours ago, Russianog said:

Kuzma is also a better player so naturally that takes away opportunity from Ingram.

no he’s not 

5 hours ago, COBBLEPOT said:

no he’s not 

Sorry to disagree with you there. Physical ability ain't everything, and Kuzma is way better in the thinking department, which puts him ahead of this knucklehead.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ajax said:

Sorry to disagree with you there. Physical ability ain't everything, and Kuzma is way better in the thinking department, which puts him ahead of this knucklehead.

not really, ingram is the far better defender, facilitator, ball handler....

kuzma is simply a slightly better scorer (for now) .. he’s honestly a taller jordan clarkson

ingrams potential is much higher 

Edited by COBBLEPOT

Ball handler? Ingram can't even go to his left.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

Ball handler? Ingram can't even go to his left.

Duno if youve been watching the Lakers, but Ingram has been playing point guard for three years now. 

3 hours ago, COBBLEPOT said:

Duno if youve been watching the Lakers, but Ingram has been playing point guard for three years now. 

Great, and what’s their record been those last three years? 

Ingram hasn’t shown himself to be as reliable on offense or defense this season. This season he’s worse than he was last and that’s likely due to dips in usage. It’s partly due to the emergence of Kuzma who’s naturally more talented, and overall a better player. 

Edited by Russianog
  • Like 2

I've kept on talking about the importance of spacing whenever Ingram has the ball.

This is the kind of space he needs to get whenever he's attacking from the wing.

2 players on the corner baseline and a legit outside threat on the opposite wing.

Notice how Kuzma positions himself 2-3 steps away from the 3pt line for the help defender to have a harder time to close out on him.

Had this been LeBron James

2. 1) he would be standing closer to the 3PT line
  3. 2) very little tendency to catch and shoot off passes

48987524_2195460910727779_3239035838088085504_n.png?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ht=scontent.fmnl17-1.fna&oh=a8bc2ca0e8da829220b86620bd3e4c50&oe=5CCC1BE1

Ingram's length is Giannis/KD-like that he can easily penetrate and get the lift and extension to finish dribble drives.

His length also makes up for his average passing skill as he can pass to open teammates from these situations.

Most of his TO's are due to carelessness, clogged spaces, indecisiveness and not knowing what to do with the ball.

Since the Lakers invested in LeBron for the next 4 years.

I'm pretty sure/highly probable that Brandon Ingram is the primary trading asset of the Lakers.

My hope is he gets traded to a team where he'll get a lot of opportunities.

That being said, he's a pretty good buy-low target as you can definitely get him cheap - I got him for Wes Matthews + Nic Batum very early in the season.

this dude just can't shoot and his game doesn't translate well to fantasy,I don't know why he labels as next KD:huh:

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, kane said:

this dude just can't shoot and his game doesn't translate well to fantasy,I don't know why he labels as next KD:huh:

Well, Wiggins was next Lebron.