Sign in to follow this  
Colonel Forbin

Keeper Question - WHIR 100%

12 Team .5 PPR - I can keep only player for auction price last year. Budget is $200 and FWIW the top RBs go for a lot (e.g. Bell for $81 and DJ for $71 last year). Can only be kept for this season.

Todd Gurley - $53

Keenan Allen - $27

Josh Gordon - $1

Kenyan Drake - $1

How many can you keep? Ideally I'd keep all 4 but if I had to rank them in order of preference I'd put them Gurley, Allen, Drake then Gordon. It seems like  conservative estimate that Gurley could go for $73 and the $20 savings is probably the largest of any player without even factoring the value of having arguably the best fantasy player going into this year. Allen once again is a solid value. The net savings for him may not be as high as they are for Drake but there is value in locking up a WR1 on a discount where its typically easier to find discounts on lower rated players. Drake due to his position and without the headaches of Gordon I think is the better value at $1 but Gordon at $1 is still a steal and if you have no keeper limit I'd keep all 4 for $82 which is basically how much Bell alone went for last year. 

Edited by Jaw1

17 minutes ago, Jaw1 said:

How many can you keep? Ideally I'd keep all 4 but if I had to rank them in order of preference I'd put them Gurley, Allen, Drake then Gordon. It seems like  conservative estimate that Gurley could go for $73 and the $20 savings is probably the largest of any player without even factoring the value of having arguably the best fantasy player going into this year. Allen once again is a solid value. The net savings for him may not be as high as they are for Drake but there is value in locking up a WR1 on a discount where its typically easier to find discounts on lower rated players. Drake due to his position and without the headaches of Gordon I think is the better value at $1 but Gordon at $1 is still a steal and if you have no keeper limit I'd keep all 4 for $82 which is basically how much Bell alone went for last year. 

He mentions he can only keep 1.   Agree 100% with your analysis that it should be Gurley.   

If it's only one (you seem to have left out that word), Gurley. Ideally I want all 4 though.

Gurley for 25% of your budget is a great deal.  Keep him.

Return the favor?

I'm almost in the same boat. Full PPR.

Slightly different keeper value system (higher of double the year before or 3rd in positional value at auction)

Bell $66

Gurley $66 (man cost me $35 last year, I'd love your system)

Allen $44

Tyrek $10

Gordon $1

I'm honestly thinking Gordon and see what I get at value for RB1-4.  

Gurley + Gordon

66 +?15 = $81

OR

?80 + 1 = $81

At $53...  I'd go Gurley for 53.

Its also important what others might take.  Kamara, Hunt, Cook, maybe even DJ will go in my league for bargains/value.  Meaning Gurley's value is even higher...

If you are high on Gordon and he ends up costing too much buy shares in Browns with Tyrod and hope he keeps his job.  Or stash mayfield.  With landry and Gordon so high and maybe even Dez.  Someone has got up pass too them...  Buy Someone like rivers for qb1 or stream. (Dalton week 1...)

Edited by Donnyjwl

If running backs go for as much as you say, throwing Gurley back into the pool would take a lot of draft capital from another team. Allen at 23$ has the potential to be pretty valuable as well.

I think you gotta go Gurley here.  I'm an owner that has the same situation with Allen at $27 and Hill at $5 and I think I'm going to keep Allen even with Hill at that kind of value.

Gurley...for surely?  Sorry, sorry... but yeah, it's Gurley!

Help with mine?