Sign in to follow this  
CooL

Matt Breida 2018 Outlook

4 minutes ago, strumdrum said:

These two reports are good for Breida owners!

The tables have turned! May we possibly see Breida as a workhorse on Sunday?

breida was having hyperexteded knee so may be 49ers are giving rest to morris in case brieda aggregates it morris will take over 

I'm torn between Brieda and Ekeler. 

Brieda has been good, but feels like a 4-point dud waiting to happen. Hurt knee, Morris looked real good last week, and the 49ers offense could be in shambles (going up against a talented defense). On the flip side, I can see the Chargers running all over SF and everyone from Rivers to Mike Williams to Ekeler having solid fantasy days.

Might be overthinking it. But as much as I like Brieda's burst, I'm scared to play him.

Edited by ChicksDigTheOPS

5 minutes ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

Brieda has been good, but feels like a 4-point dud waiting to happen. Hurt knee, Morris looked real good last week, and the 49ers offense could be in shambles (going up against a talented defense). On the flip side, I can see the Chargers running all over SF and everyone from Rivers to Mike Williams to Ekeler having solid fantasy days.

Might be overthinking it. But as much as I like Brieda's burst, I'm scared to play him.

He is my RB2 at this point and i'm not worried about it. Morris looked alright but every week so far Breida has look FAR superior than Morris. He damn near doubled his YPC last week. He is just going to eat more and more into his workload as he continues to outplay him. 

Also, no doubt the offense will be worse but thinking it will be as bad as last year without Jimmy G is foolish. They have an incredible offensive mind for a coach. Their offense won't be good by any means but I doubt it will be bottom 5. I'd put it around the 19-23 range. 

1 hour ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

If Morris looked real good to you last week I wonder about your assessment of Breida, who looked like the best player on the field for the 49ers all game. The injury was scary until he came back in and continued the burst runs that have defined his season. I implore owners to watch his week 3 tape before thinking about benching him. The dude is electric and a threat every time he has the ball in his hands. 

His knee is less of a concern considering he is off the injury report and practicing in full--and wouldn't you know it, Alf popped up on the injury report himself.

Newsflash to Breida owners-- you have on your team the league's leading rusher (tied with Zeke) and #1 in yards per carry with a whopping 8.6 ypc (!). His direct competition for carries is still a washed up has been with a limited skillset. He only has 1 td on the year which is likely lower than you would expect given his performance--and the fact that he's had many near TDs, including one last week that was only a couple yards out from paydirt. Beathard is going to be checking down to this guy all day, further separating his role from Alf's. The injury was scary but it was just that, a scare, and now he's practicing in full. 

Only concern anyone should have is workload, but considering his performance this year and the fact that they should be leaning more on the run game given Jimmy G's injury, no reason to think that workload shouldn't improve. His td upside might be more limited if the offense suffers but again, TDs haven't been a part of his success so far and I really do think an increased workload would lead to more scoring chances (Alf has been miserable as a goalline back by the way).

RW users are notorious for their cynicism and ability to talk themselves out of studs who aren't brand name guys yet. Don't be like them. You have a gem in Breida if you're an owner. Appreciate him, love him, and most importantly, start him, and he will lead you to the promised land. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Don't own any shares of Breida but super exciting to see him kill it out there.

Just wanted to get your guys thoughts on something though.... how do small RBs generally hold up over the course of a season? I know there have been some in the past that have been exceptional and durable (Jamaal Charles for a good chunk of his career) but I'm assuming they take a much bigger pounding than the larger/thicker backs. Is there any increased risk that smaller backs like Breida or Ekeler would be more likely to get hurt over the course of a season?

1 hour ago, AnchorDown said:

RW users are notorious for their cynicism and ability to talk themselves out of studs who aren't brand name guys yet. Don't be like them. You have a gem in Breida if you're an owner. Appreciate him, love him, and most importantly, start him, and he will lead you to the promised land. 

They are also notorious for their optimism in players they own and talk themselves into having studs that are more likely fringe or nothing players.

That being said I do like what I've seen of Breida. Would be nice if he got a bigger share for fantasy purposes.

• Like 2

Kind of regretting moving this guy earlier this week. He was great in the early going but his injury and especially Jimmy G's worried me. I'd imagine he begins to see more time with Beathard in there since he is much more dynamic than Morris and 49ers will likely be chasing games often. 

Matt Breida - RB - 49ers

Matt Breida (questionable, knee) said he'll be a game-time decision for Week 4 against the Chargers.

"I’ve got to feel comfortable," said Breida, who was downgraded to a limited practice on Friday after being a full participant on Thursday. "It’s a long season." Breida's status for Week 4 can no longer be taken for granted. To further complicate matters, the Niners won't kick off until 4:25 ET on Sunday, leaving fantasy owners with few alternatives should Breida sit out. Alfred Morris (knee) is also questionable for Sunday's game in L.A. Already playing without Jimmy Garoppolo (ACL), the Niners' offense will be in a heap of trouble if Breida or Morris can't go. The Chargers defense should be a high-owned DFS property in Week 4.

Well that's not good.  He's clearly hurting.  And we won't know for sure if he is playing until many other options are no longer available.

It seems strange after practicing full on Thursday, but after reading his comments I have a pretty strong sense that he is sitting this week. 

I am on board 100% if active still. I just don’t think that is going to be the case. I’m currently making very sketchy back up plans. 

i always pass on game time decisions for injured players, usually they play limited snaps or are used as decoys

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TennisMenace said:

I just knew something was wrong when I read Thursday’s news.  Breida realizes, no need to rush back on this losing team. 

Except to maintain your share of the NFL rushing lead.  Just sayin'.

14 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Except to maintain your share of the NFL rushing lead.  Just sayin'.

He can do that with a week off anyway. Come back next week and drop 200+

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, pdog109 said:

Babba Booey

49 minutes ago, pdog109 said:

Ya man, might as well take 2 weeks off and drop 300+

And why stop there? Take off a third week and drop 400+ when he returns.

Simple right?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, cs3 said:

Ya man, might as well take 2 weeks off and drop 300+

And why stop there? Take off a third week and drop 400+ when he returns.

Simple right?

Unfortunately Morris will still get 10-15 carries a game so that limits Breida's 300 yard game potential.

• Haha 1

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Matt Breida (knee) is expected to play in Week 4 against the Chargers.
Alfred Morris (knee) is also expected to play. Breida said he would be a game-time call after getting in just a limited session on Friday, but getting this update this early suggests he felt much better on Saturday. Breida's fantasy stock took a hit following the Jimmy Garoppolo injury, but he is still in the RB3 conversation.

Putting owners in a really tough spot here given the late afternoon start. If we had the guarantee that he plays then he is a no brainer start but his most recent comments have a cryptic feel to me. This wouldn't be the first time a guy is "expected to play" and then all of a sudden is ruled inactive. Just don't have a great feeling about it and with similar-tiered options that start at 1pm I think I'll unfortunately have Breida riding the pine today. I have no doubt he will perform for those of you who can wait to make your decision at game time, but personally I don't think I can take the risk given my other options. YMMV.

2 minutes ago, AnchorDown said:

Putting owners in a really tough spot here given the late afternoon start. If we had the guarantee that he plays then he is a no brainer start but his most recent comments have a cryptic feel to me. This wouldn't be the first time a guy is "expected to play" and then all of a sudden is ruled inactive. Just don't have a great feeling about it and with similar-tiered options that start at 1pm I think I'll unfortunately have Breida riding the pine today. I have no doubt he will perform for those of you who can wait to make your decision at game time, but personally I don't think I can take the risk given my other options. YMMV.

You are absolutely right. What to do with (Questionable) Matt Breida.

Play it safe start Miller or wait since I also own Ekelor. 

I have too many questionables starters on this roster. Hopkins & Fournette. 

On 9/28/2018 at 9:11 PM, dashoe said:

i always pass on game time decisions for injured players, usually they play limited snaps or are used as decoys

That might give me Incomplete roster 

1H AGO

49ers' Matt Breida: Trending toward playing Sunday

By RotoWire Staff

Breida, who called himself a game-time decision for Sunday's contest against the Chargers, is expected to play barring any pregame setbacks, Adam Schefter of ESPN reports.

Breida's outlook was muddled after he suffered a painful-looking non-contact right knee injury in the Week 3 loss to Kansas City, but he surprisingly returned to action after halftime and finished with 117 total yards. The hyperextended knee still resulted in his practice regimen being limited on two occasions this week, but Breida's health is apparently less of a concern than backfield mate Alfred Morris' (knee) at this stage. Both backs are expected to suit up, but Breida's superior explosiveness and supposedly better health probably makes him the higher-percentage fantasy play in Week 4.