Sign in to follow this  
CooL

Matt Breida 2018 Outlook

2 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

Anyone else having second thoughts about playing a guy with a hyperextended knee whomsaid “I have to feel comfortable.....”

Not at all. Playing him with full confidence, hoping for a big game to ease the Jordan Howard pain.

2 hours ago, Silkk1211 said:

he is?

He had a couple injury scares during the game. I was hoping he'd be my RB2 after my string of Injuries. Looking like a scary option at this point.

2 hours ago, Inziladun said:

He had a couple injury scares during the game. I was hoping he'd be my RB2 after my string of Injuries. Looking like a scary option at this point.

Lol seriously.  Every game this guy looks like he is dead on the field at some point and then comes back in the next drive.  Tough dude.

Edited by mmm sod

Seems to get scarily injured every game and somehow finds his way back in the game. He looks amazing when the ball is in his hands, but the injuries and offense are really making me think to sell him if I can get mid RB2 value. 

7 hours ago, afl5013 said:

Seems to get scarily injured every game and somehow finds his way back in the game. He looks amazing when the ball is in his hands, but the injuries and offense are really making me think to sell him if I can get mid RB2 value. 

gonna need several weeks of healthy production before anyone pays that to get him

Edited by kmoore1521

4 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

gonna need several weeks of healthy production before anyone pays that to get him

Worth a shot to try. Plenty of owners are in RB hell right now and he's looked great when on the field. 

His small frame and running style are going to keep him significantly less than 100% the rest of the year. Gotta be tough to trust on a weekly basis. 

Did Breida make it through the Charger game unscathed?

13 minutes ago, purpdrankplaya said:

With all of the injuries this guy has been having how does everyone feel about him ROS?

Middle end rb2 in a good matchup.  On my bench vs top half of the league D vs RBs.  The idea of trading for value is probably a pipe dream.  Small sample and not a name, just hang on to him.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Did Breida make it through the Charger game unscathed?

He did get banged up a bit on a play, did not appear to be related to the knee situation from what I could tell, and he came back in after a short rest on the sideline and seemed fine.

For my eyes, he seemed to be moving fine.  Shanahan said in the post game conference he essentially gave up on the running game at a certain point because the Chargers were calling defensive plays to attack the running game, and Niners lost some guys on the offense live due to injuries throughout the game.

Talk among us Niner fans and some media members around here has been Shanahan needs to get the ball in Breida's hands more because he is so explosive and they really lack playmakers on this offense.  Whether that happens remains to be seen, but it is worth nothing that coming off that knee scare from week 3, he did record his highest snap count % of the year in week 4 (believe it was 63%). Hopefully that his playing time continues to increase because he has earned it.  Getting him more involved in the passing game would be ideal.

Didn't follow the 49ers season thus far. Is it still a timeshare between Breida and Morris? Or has Breida solidified himself as their prime ball carrier?

Morris will still get carries, but Breida out touched Morris v. LAC and Breida played 63% of the snaps.  That should be plenty of playing time to be quite useful in fantasy.

I just feel like his going to be in your line up and then hurt me because he got hurt ? 

seems to be injury prone 

I don’t believe the Cardinals suck thing 

any giving Sunday ,  these guys might just show up 

Thinking about trading for this guy since I’m weak at RB. Opinions on him? my thought is back end RB2 rest of schedule, but if anyone feels differently, I’m all ears.

Edited by DillyDilly

30 minutes ago, DillyDilly said:

Thinking about trading for this guy since I’m weak at RB. Opinions on him? my thought is back end RB2 rest of schedule, but if anyone feels differently, I’m all ears.

Should be RB2 ROS as long has he stays on the field.

Edited by HeHateMe23

22 hours ago, krest509 said:

I just feel like his going to be in your line up and then hurt me because he got hurt ? 

seems to be injury prone 

I don’t believe the Cardinals suck thing 

any giving Sunday ,  these guys might just show up 

I sort of agree...  I like Breida and he's one of 3 guys I have to pick from weekly for my RB2 spot.  

But I prefer to see him matched up against a team with a high powered offense.  This game against AZ looks on the surface to be ugly, low scoring.  

You want SF trailing and involved in shootouts to get the most out of Breida, IMO.  Slow games where they might even hold leads will set up in favor of Morris.  

• Like 1