Sign in to follow this  
CooL

Matt Breida 2018 Outlook

Knee, ankle, shoulder injuries for this guy so far. We got hamstring, groin, hand, finger, foot, head, calf, neck, and what else left?

1 minute ago, Tax77 said:

Knee, ankle, shoulder injuries for this guy so far. We got hamstring, groin, hand, finger, foot, head, calf, neck, and what else left?

Well there's always these classics:

Eye Poke

tenor.gif?itemid=6147474

Throat Punch

giphy.gif

Lung Destroyer

tenor.gif?itemid=9082383

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Despite the injuries, guy still finds a way to produce. He does seem to go down at least once a game in season-ending fashion, but then goes to the sideline/locker and just walks it off. Though guy. 

3 hours ago, TheFire said:

Despite the injuries, guy still finds a way to produce. He does seem to go down at least once a game in season-ending fashion, but then goes to the sideline/locker and just walks it off. Though guy. 

I can't tell if he is tough or soft/ drama king. He reacts like it is a season ending injury but (thus far) none of them have been serious and he is back playing the next week and you can hardly tell he is/was injured. 

Edited by Jaw1

24 minutes ago, Jaw1 said:

I can't tell if he is tough or soft/ drama king. He reacts like it is a season ending injury but (thus far) none of them have been serious and he is back playing the next week and you can hardly tell he is/was injured. 

Hopefully he's out there again next weekend

NBC Sports Bay Area's Matt Maiocco reports Matt Breida suffered a "mid- to high-ankle sprain" Week 5 against the Cardinals.

X-rays came back negative on Sunday, but Breida will undergo an MRI on Monday to reveal the scope of the damage. While he has avoided a season-ending injury, it appears as if Breida will miss at least a game or two. Alfred Morris should serve as the workhorse with Breida sidelined while FB Kyle Juszczyk should have an expanded role in the passing game.

2 hours ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

NBC Sports Bay Area's Matt Maiocco reports Matt Breida suffered a "mid- to high-ankle sprain" Week 5 against the Cardinals.

X-rays came back negative on Sunday, but Breida will undergo an MRI on Monday to reveal the scope of the damage. While he has avoided a season-ending injury, it appears as if Breida will miss at least a game or two. Alfred Morris should serve as the workhorse with Breida sidelined while FB Kyle Juszczyk should have an expanded role in the passing game.

I know this is bad news for those people with bye needs, but I am really hoping he's out for a week or two to give time for all of his other injuries to heal up...just so he can start fresh with a new round of ailments until his week 11 bye.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

High ankle sprains usually mean 4 weeks. 

It depends on the grade. Grade 1 can be as little as 2 weeks. I’m hoping that since it says “mid-to-high” we are only looking at 2-3 weeks max.

Hold if you can, lads.  Breida is skilled enough in this sytem to make it worth it.

3 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Hold if you can, lads.  Breida is skilled enough in this sytem to make it worth it.

Yeah, maybe my LegTron will come out of IR this week and I can shove Breida in that slot and not lose a player. I can’t cut him because he is one of my best runners, even though he is always injured. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

First we had McKinnon & Goodwin 

then Garrapolo went down

now Brieda 

coincidences I think not

San Francisco is jinxed 

49 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

then Garrapolo went down

now Brieda 

coincidences I think not

San Francisco is jinxed 

Much like the Falcons defense..

Mid ankle sprain.  Better than high ankle sprain.  Call me crazy but I think he suits up next week.  Dude's tough.  If he doesn't, you're looking at 1 week, maximum of 2 that he's out.

Man if this guy could play an entire half, we'd really have something.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, shakestreet said:

then Garrapolo went down

now Brieda 

coincidences I think not

San Francisco is jinxed 

I grew up watching the 49ers of the 80's and early 90's. The product we have now is straight purified garbage. Being a 9er fan is like repeatedly sticking your hand in a hot oven expecting it not to hurt and every time you end up in the ER with 3rd degree burns. I don't even root for them when I watch games now if there are fantasy players on my team going against the 9ers. It's gotten so bad that combining this with the BS politics involved with the NFL these days, I've lost a lot of interest and am debating not even playing fantasy anymore. 

Thought he was going to end up an amputee that way he acted on the ground and coming off the field. And everyone says how tough he is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Thought he was going to end up an amputee that way he acted on the ground and coming off the field. And everyone says how tough he is.

He was tough until he moved to California. 

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

Mid ankle sprain.  Better than high ankle sprain.  Call me crazy but I think he suits up next week.  Dude's tough.  If he doesn't, you're looking at 1 week, maximum of 2 that he's out.

Great news.  I hope he does take two weeks off like a brother said so he can recover from all his injuries. Rest up Matt, then come back with Fire in your eyes and hunger in your belly. 

Just now, TennisMenace said:

He was tough until he moved to California. 

haha!

Don't get me wrong, I own the guy and I'm a fan. Dude is good.

I'm just not sure he's built to last in the NFL as a feature back and that's no offense to him, it's a brutal job.

17 minutes ago, Gootz said:

I grew up watching the 49ers of the 80's and early 90's. The product we have now is straight purified garbage. Being a 9er fan is like repeatedly sticking your hand in a hot oven expecting it not to hurt and every time you end up in the ER with 3rd degree burns. I don't even root for them when I watch games now if there are fantasy players on my team going against the 9ers. It's gotten so bad that combining this with the BS politics involved with the NFL these days, I've lost a lot of interest and am debating not even playing fantasy anymore. 

I hope you continue because guys like you (no passion) are the guys who usually lose......to guys like me who have great passion to excel. ??‍♂️✌️?

1 minute ago, Members_Only_76 said:

haha!

Don't get me wrong, I own the guy and I'm a fan. Dude is good.

I'm just not sure he's built to last in the NFL as a feature back and that's no offense to him, it's a brutal job.

Yhis is probably why we shouldn’t expect him to be THE MAN and get 20 carries plus catches a game. He couldn’t take the pounding.  I’m okay with 10 rushes and 6 passes caught per game. I don’t want to be greedy. 

• Like 1