Matt Breida 2018 Outlook

17 hours ago, shakestreet said:

First we had McKinnon & Goodwin 

then Garrapolo went down

now Brieda 

coincidences I think not

San Francisco is jinxed 

Karma......................

This is promising but being a Monday game I can't take the chance to see if he plays.

EDIT #2 

Updating an earlier item, NBC Sports Bay Area reports Matt Breida (ankle) was walking without a noticeable limp on Thursday.

Ace beat reporter Matt Maiocco had a slip of the Twitter tongue. It would seem to confirm Breida avoided a high-ankle sprain and might actually have a chance to play on Monday night against the Packers. Breida did not practice on Thursday. Another DNP on Friday would have him close to "out."

Edited by ADDwithFF

Updating an earlier item, NBC Sports Bay Area reports Matt Breida (ankle) was walking without a noticeable limp on Thursday.

Ace beat reporter Matt Maiocco had a slip of the Twitter tongue. It would seem to confirm Breida avoided a high-ankle sprain and might actually have a chance to play on Monday night against the Packers. Breida did not practice on Thursday. Another DNP on Friday would have him close to "out."

Rotoworld has been terrible today lol

I hope this means just one week out... I wouldn’t feel comfortable starting him on Monday anyway.

Breida reminds me of one of those TV heroes who you always think is close to dead, and then he finds superhuman rejuvenation powers to get back up and kill the bad guy.

• Haha 4

On 10/8/2018 at 11:44 AM, shakestreet said:

First we had McKinnon & Goodwin 

then Garrapolo went down

now Brieda 

coincidences I think not

San Francisco is jinxed 

The price of five super bowl trophies in 15 years is a toll that must be paid in future tears.

It starts next year, don't worry.

16 hours ago, TTRA1N said:

Wish they just declare him out so I can put his a** in IR spot.

Same boat. This dude's both tough and brittle, so there's going to be a lot of this. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Why would they play him. Let him rest and heal a little. 

Agreed. Regardless, it’s good news that his injury appears to be much less serious than originally feared.  Hopefully he rests on Monday and is close to 100% next week.

• Like 2

But since it is a MNF game, we won't know for sure whether Breida is active or not.  Makes it tough to wait, unless a team manager also has Morris.

• Haha 1

Not sure why they don't just give Breida a week of rest to heal a bit from his multiple injuries.  Why even make it a game-time decision?  I'm not only saying that as a Morris owner but for Breida's sake, too.  Even if Breida ends up playing though, I still wouldn't start him if I had him.

• Like 1

his Qb designation is killing my IR stash for bench space strategy. . Cpme shanny you know he is not even close to 80% and playing hill will more than likely make matters worse

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, dashoe said:

his Qb designation is killing my IR stash for bench space strategy. . Cpme shanny you know he is not even close to 80% and playing hill will more than likely make matters worse

I hear you. I had a great plan too. Legatron would be active and come out of IR and then I could slide Breida in that IR slot and pick up a player I’m targeting in hopes of a breakthrough.  It all fell through.....but it was a great plan.

Schefter just reported that he’s likely to play tonight.

I swear, if he re-injures himself I’m gonna lose my s*** and throw my remote through the TV.  Take a week off and heal up bro.

• Haha 3

This guy never dies! My god. Needed Alf to get me 15+ points to have a chance.

Brieda will not make it to his bye week in one piece, I really should trade him at this rate because he will keep missing big chunks of touches in games

12 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Schefter just reported that he’s likely to play tonight.

I swear, if he re-injures himself I’m gonna lose my s*** and throw my remote through the TV.  Take a week off and heal up bro.

This is not what I wanted to hear. Basically he will go down again tonight and then be doubtful for next week.  He is obviously an injury magnet so I agree, I doubt he will be of any value to us for The immediate future. 

3 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

This ******** guy is a warrior. Take notes, Fournette. 

or a drama queen it's hard to tell at this point 

• Like 1