Sign in to follow this  
CooL

Matt Breida 2018 Outlook

6 hours ago, PancakeSandwich said:

Couldn’t catch the game. How’d this dude look today?

Explosive. But after every play, it seems like you have to hold your breath that he gets up off the field on his own.  

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, ginocan said:

Explosive. But after every play, it seems like you have to hold your breath that he gets up off the field on his own.  

Has he always been this fragile? 

The Rams can definitely be run on, so...

I find it a bit troubling he had zero targets for PPR scoring purposes, 3 would have been nice, take away the TD and it was lackluster and with the TD it was still lackluster but a rb2 performance

Mostert seems to have passed Alfred with 12 carries.

18 minutes ago, dashoe said:

I find it a bit troubling he had zero targets for PPR scoring purposes, 3 would have been nice, take away the TD and it was lackluster and with the TD it was still lackluster but a rb2 performance

Mostert seems to have passed Alfred with 12 carries.

That's the problem with the 49ers offense... It can only probably support one or at most two relevant fantasy guys at a game. This time it's Goodwin by far, followed by Breida with the TD... The rest of the crew starved... But since the Packers were making Beathard looking like Mahommes... I can see why they were less inclined to make the short passes work vs the bombs to Goodwin...

Not many games will 49ers be facing such inept secondary group... Breida will be ok the end of the day... Barring injuries

3 hours ago, Szer0 said:

That's the problem with the 49ers offense... It can only probably support one or at most two relevant fantasy guys at a game. This time it's Goodwin by far, followed by Breida with the TD... The rest of the crew starved... But since the Packers were making Beathard looking like Mahommes... I can see why they were less inclined to make the short passes work vs the bombs to Goodwin...

Not many games will 49ers be facing such inept secondary group... Breida will be ok the end of the day... Barring injuries

That is the key.....I’m not so sure we can ever feel good plugging him in because he seems to be one RB you least expect him to make it through the entire game.,

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

He's RB13 despite being banged up all year so far.

Which is an RB2 ;)

He's awesome when on the field, but the last four weeks he's shown to be pretty injury prone. This past week he was limping around a little on the sidelines and the past three weeks looked like season enders. He's definitely a warrior and awesome to watch, but I wouldn't put my money on him lasting the season to end as an RB2.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, afl5013 said:

Which is an RB2 ;)

He's awesome when on the field, but the last four weeks he's shown to be pretty injury prone. This past week he was limping around a little on the sidelines and the past three weeks looked like season enders. He's definitely a warrior and awesome to watch, but I wouldn't put my money on him lasting the season to end as an RB2.  

I mean, you qualified that he's an RB2 when healthy, as if health is a knock on him.  He's been a high end RB2 while hurt.  Imagine if he gets/stays healthy what his upside is?

I mean, his abililty to stay healthy *is* a fair knock.  But he's a high end RB2 when unhealthy.  So what does that make him when healthy?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, seanismorris said:

I’d sell Breida.  I predict he’ll go down with injury when you need him most (the playoffs).

Hard to sell an rb2 with no name recognition for anything of value.

18 minutes ago, Kyle87 said:

Hard to sell an rb2 with no name recognition for anything of value.

True.  But you don’t necessarily need to sell this week.  I expect he has a week or two still in him.

Maybe seed the market this week with offers (which they’ll reject) then come back with “I told you so” when he performs, and make another sell attempt.

This dude is gonna be on IR soon, anyone one who has watched the games knows he is just one of those guys

46 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

^^^ Bunch of guys who picked up Morris on August 25th.

If Morris was the only RB on the roster I still wouldn’t pick him up. He’s like if Derrick Henry got shot with a tranquilizer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2