Sign in to follow this  
CooL

Matt Breida 2018 Outlook

2 hours ago, krest509 said:

He is just not going to last, but question is is Mustart better at 5”11 Buck 91-93lbs?

Every RB is different. There are quite some guys at Breida's size that have been fairly durable. Breida seems to attract knocks and bruises at an exorbitant rate, but always seems to fight through it. He's one of these guys, like Doug Baldwin, that are never going to be 100%. But Breida will hardly ever miss a game unless he picks up a serious injury.

With Mostert we don't know yet if he's durable or not. Certainly a situation to monitor. Breida might play through his issues, but be more injured/limited than we know. This could lead to an equal timeshare and if Mostert continues to hold his own, he could be a thing in fantasy.

Edited by frog34

Just traded for him.

I'm in. 

Even with all the injury headaches. 

Besides the injury concerns, how does everyone feel Breida's matchup this week at home against the Rams? Per ESPN, they've allowed the 13th fewest points to RBs.

21 hours ago, Kyle87 said:

Hard to sell an rb2 with no name recognition for anything of value.

I was offered fournette in a 12 man standard league where there it's hard to find a healthy usable back.

4 minutes ago, buster444 said:

Besides the injury concerns, how does everyone feel Breida's matchup this week at home against the Rams? Per ESPN, they've allowed the 13th fewest points to RBs.

If they throw to him, better.  13th fewest points can be misleading because the Rams high octane offense forces you to throw a lot to catch up. For example, did u know opposing teams average 4.8 yds per carry ag. Rams?  This is very high. So, it appears there aren’t as many points to the RBs because they are not running as much. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, buster444 said:

I'm starting him. My other options at RB2 are similar question marks (Clement, Barber) but Breida's prob the best bet.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

If they throw to him, better.  13th fewest points can be misleading because the Rams high octane offense forces you to throw a lot to catch up. For example, did u know opposing teams average 4.8 yds per carry ag. Rams?  This is very high. So, it appears there aren’t as many points to the RBs because they are not running as much. 

The ranking includes both receiving and rushing yards/TDs

12 hours ago, frog34 said:

Every RB is different. There are quite some guys at Breida's size that have been fairly durable. Breida seems to attract knocks and bruises at an exorbitant rate, but always seems to fight through it. He's one of these guys, like Doug Baldwin, that are never going to be 100%. But Breida will hardly ever miss a game unless he picks up a serious injury.

With Mostert we don't know yet if he's durable or not. Certainly a situation to monitor. Breida might play through his issues, but be more injured/limited than we know. This could lead to an equal timeshare and if Mostert continues to hold his own, he could be a thing in fantasy.

I think the "small guy gets injured" arguments are kind of lazy.  Breida says he is 200 pounds. So 5'9 200lbs isn't that small for starters.

Lets go over the injuries:

First one was a non-contact mis-step that hyperextended the knee, nothing to do with being small.

Second one was shoulder which was on a hit so I'll grant that that could be his small bones.

Third one was 300 pound lineman rolling up on his ankle.

So only one of those can be attributed to being "small."  Not saying he can't get hurt but 2/3 seemed like pretty freak things tbh.  Also 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mmm sod said:

I think the "small guy gets injured" arguments are kind of lazy.  Breida says he is 200 pounds. So 5'9 200lbs isn't that small for starters.

Lets go over the injuries:

First one was a non-contact mis-step that hyperextended the knee, nothing to do with being small.

Second one was shoulder which was on a hit so I'll grant that that could be his small bones.

Third one was 300 pound lineman rolling up on his ankle.

So only one of those can be attributed to being "small."  Not saying he can't get hurt but 2/3 seemed like pretty freak things tbh.  Also 

Injuries are rarely size related. Leonard fournette is a beast, jadaveon clowney is a beast. Both are young, both are always hurt.

I think injuries are more about genetics and luck than size. 

How do Breida owners feel about him this weekend? Firing him up? 

Yes firing him up this week.  Rams can be run on, but their offense forces teams to play catch up.  Breida also gets work in the passing game if that's the scenario this week, so I'm using Breida where I have him, as long as practice goes fine this week.  He was limited yesterday and today, which we would expect, but I fully expect him to play.

Not in love with all of these limited practices.  Breida is playing so well, though...

If this kid could stay healthy he'd be a beast of a player.  A solid RB1 to high end RB2.  He just can't stay healthy.  He gets knocked out of virtually every game.  Some he returns, others he doesn't.  For shame cuz he's definitely talented.  In many ways he's like the RB he replaced, McKinnon.   Super skilled but on the smallish side, and better suited for a complimentary or committee role, than one as a lead back.  I'm starting him cuz he's good.  I do worry after each and every touch he gets.

18 minutes ago, GenerallyPoorAdvice said:

I traded Breida for Dalvin Cook at the beginning of this week. Wednesday I felt like a genius, today I feel awful.

Whomwould have known....especiallymwith it originally being reported Cook practiced in full.

• Thanks 1

Was starting Hyde this weekend... now Breida is getting the nod.. let's go. 

Just now, HTM said:

Was starting Hyde this weekend... now Breida is getting the nod.. let's go. 

Me too bud

• Like 1

I've put A. Jones up instead of him the last two weeks cause I'm legit retarded.

Excited to have him not score this week!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ultraa said:

I've put A. Jones up instead of him the last two weeks cause I'm legit retarded.

Excited to have him not score this week!

Eh, I think Ram-49ers will have lots of points... decent chance Breida gets one. 

21 hours ago, HTM said:

Eh, I think Ram-49ers will have lots of points... decent chance Breida gets one. 

Cool story bro

30 minutes ago, Shortnphat said:

Cool story bro

That wasnt a story he was giving his opinion . . u can do better than that. . .:lol:

8 hours ago, SuperMarksBros. said:

Rolling him out.  Bye-pacolypse in effect and Hyde just became worthless (and dropped/cool story).  Hoping for many dumpoffs while chasing points.

Hope so. Seeing Kyle Jouschick catch passes makes me feel sick.