Sign in to follow this  
CooL

Matt Breida 2018 Outlook

1 hour ago, JacobThunder15 said:

What kind of stat line are yall predicting him to have? I think majority of his points will be coming from garbage time

That would be shocking. You know, having him last until garbage time.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

That would be shocking. You know, having him last until garbage time.

Breida always comes back.

Breida comes back stronger, better, faster.

Breida be back.

Breida be good.

Edited by pdog109
  • Like 1

Just now, DoomedRBs said:

Cant see the game but watching play by play on NFL app and hes hurt again

Im sure he will pop back up....he always does....

Hope so don't even know what happened

Guess hurt his same ankle from week 5

Edited by DoomedRBs

4 minutes ago, Shortnphat said:

What started his bad day anyways?

He just was ineffective.  Mostert was leaps and bounds better. At some point, maybe in the 2nd quarter, Breida took a handoff, waved himself out the game, and could be seen bouncing off the field on one leg.  That's the last I saw of him.

Edited by mikeflavaz

This is how it went down:

First play of the day: Breida run, and he hurts his ankle. Was ruled questionable to return.

The next series he returns, after having it taped. On that very carry, he fumbles.

He skips 2 more series and returns before halftime. He gains 10 yards on 2 runs, and is hurt again. In my opinion, he looked great out there when healthy but that was literally for only 3 snaps. He's way too risky to ever start since he's so fragile but he is a high end RB2 when healthy since it feels like they would ride him for around 65-75% of their offensive snaps. 

• Like 1

Just now, mikeflavaz said:

He just was ineffective.  Mostert was leaps and bounds better. At some point, maybe in the 2nd quarter, Breida took a handoff, waved himself off the field and could be seen bouncing off the field on one leg.  That's the last I saw of him.

Imo, this is wrong. Once again, he was hurt from the very first play. Suffered an ankle sprain to the same ankle he hurt. 

He tried to come back in, and fumbled. They gave him 2 more carries after that, of which looked good. Then a DT fell on his leg and he had to be pulled out. Very different than him being a straight bum and then having the coaching staff realize this guy shouldn't see the field. 

Just now, Soafanforlife said:

Imo, this is wrong. Once again, he was hurt from the very first play. Suffered an ankle sprain to the same ankle he hurt. 

He tried to come back in, and fumbled. They gave him 2 more carries after that, of which looked good. Then a DT fell on his leg and he had to be pulled out. Very different than him being a straight bum and then having the coaching staff realize this guy shouldn't see the field. 

I'm not saying Mostert is the better rb.  Just that he played alot better. Of course, that probably has alot to do with his ankle.  At any rate, I would consider him questionable at best for week 8.  His ROS outlook is very cloudy.  If Mostert looks good again next week, who knows what becomes of this backfield.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Soafanforlife said:

Dude seems to have pretty bad luck all around. Got rolled up twice. 

I don't think I'll ever start him again. I lost this week because of the negative points.

Shanahan mentioned they may need to give him some time off to heal. Said he looked good and made all the cuts in practice. 

Maybe they will hold him out a week or so

I agree with him being made out of glass. 

If you could stay away from starting him, I would. Of course there's a chance he blows up at Arizona because who hasnt BUT this Niners team has the potential to be really, really bad on days like this. The system is great for fantasy production but the talent levels simply are not there. They do not have the right QB play to support all of these moving parts. 

Should probably just drop this guy and hope someone starts him against you and he puts up a zero. No one is more likely to start and get a goose egg than this dude.