Saucy

Kyle Anderson 2018-2019 Outlook

I think his usage rate is 1%.  And the thing is it looks like he doesn't even want the ball.

Edited by summersoff7
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

My heart sank when he passed up an in-rhythm three at the top of the key. This guy is too slow and doesn't shoot well enough to play off the ball, also the Grizzlies don't appear to like him as a ball handler. Maybe he's still recovering from his heel injury and the flu so I'll give him a few more games to get in rhythm, but I'm ready to drop for the next hot pick up.

I have been on the drop page 4 times with this guy and just can't pull the trigger. I don't know why i can't just push myself to drop him... Watching him in the Grizzles system is straight painful. Not to mention he is shooting terribly from the line and not really putting up many defensive stats(even though that is what many of us drafted him for). After every game I have to talk myself off the "drop this guy" ledge. Sadly I have had a terribly inefficient week in all 4 of my money leagues and am getting my a** handed to me in 2 of them. This may lead to him getting cut sooner rather than later. I mean does anyone have any idea what his upside could actually be?

27 minutes ago, JBizFree said:

I have been on the drop page 4 times with this guy and just can't pull the trigger. I don't know why i can't just push myself to drop him... Watching him in the Grizzles system is straight painful. Not to mention he is shooting terribly from the line and not really putting up many defensive stats(even though that is what many of us drafted him for). After every game I have to talk myself off the "drop this guy" ledge. Sadly I have had a terribly inefficient week in all 4 of my money leagues and am getting my a** handed to me in 2 of them. This may lead to him getting cut sooner rather than later. I mean does anyone have any idea what his upside could actually be?

I've been tempted to drop him a few times as well, but my waiver wires are currently thin and the news of Parson's injury made me hold off. He's now had one game as the starter, which was pretty "meh", but I'm willing to give him a few more to see if he can start showing something of value. If a decent looking free agent comes along though, he's on my shortlist of players to cut. 

• Like 1

I'm a Spurs homer and very much a fan of Slow Mo, but for the life of me I couldn't understand why he was ranked so high. Yes, per-36 numbers were good and he has across-the-board potential but he didn't seem to fit what the Grizzlies needed for a wing player which would be volume shooting. Defense he definitely has. He was used like how Bobo was used, match-up based and secondary facilitator. That's already Gasol and Conley.

Like I don’t want him for scoring, but if he can’t even average like 3 assists and 2 stocks a game this guy is useless

This guy was sooooo overdrafted. Not sure why anyone bit

19 minutes ago, jstep13 said:

This guy was sooooo overdrafted. Not sure why anyone bit

Tell us more captain hindsight 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Seems like a buy low candidate.

I think he's on most wires at this point lol

DROPPED. 

Such a bust. I watched the game...he was legit pathetic. Didnt even try on one play.

13 minutes ago, jrmintz said:

Can't drop yet, still early in the season ladies and gents.

I hear ya, but like my Yogi Berra use to say...”It’s getting late, early.” I do think he will have that “game” that has everyone mad they dropped him. Question is, how long before that “game” happens.

If Gasol misses time, Anderson should see an uptick in minutes.  If Gasol does miss time and Anderson still can't get it going, he probably won't anytime soon.  I have confidence he'll be worth rostering some time this year, but it might not be right now.

42 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

i've got a new nick name for Anderson I like better than Slo Mo, it's called Streaming Spot.

Exactly what I've done....dropped him in a 10 teamer for Kent Bazed God. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Cozie said:

I hear ya, but like my Yogi Berra use to say...”It’s getting late, early.” I do think he will have that “game” that has everyone mad they dropped him. Question is, how long before that “game” happens.

I am personally holding for another week. His minutes went up to 29 last game, when he ended up with an average of 20 min in his first 3 games. Need to see some more sample size in the higher 20s before making a move. I do have to disclose that I drafted him at 8th so there's that hesitation of not wanting to drop an 8th pick so quickly only to regret it.