Saucy

Jabari Parker 2018-2019 Season Outlook

good game today, played 34mins mainly due to Satoransky not playing (beal playing some point, everyone moving 1 position down). Sell high?

• Thanks 1

I believe he's a borderline must add. Never know what you're going to get, but when he's on you're glad to have him. Twelve teams definitely roster him.

I can see him alternating good games and duds. He’s at 12 points and 7 rebounds since the trade, that’s about where he’ll land with maybe slightly more points imo. He’s never been a stocks or dimes guy in his career so the last 2 games are probably more indicative than the first 2. Overall not great but serviceable enough for the end of your roster with the bonus of a great playoff schedule if you play h2h.

He was like a top-40 guy over the first 27-28 games of the season. Granted, that was with no Markkanen, Portis, or Dunn, but the potential is there. Even if he's only a top 60-75 guy ROS, that's pretty sweet for a guy you got for free off the wire, specially if you play in an 18-team league like I do.

15 hours ago, simon said:

good game today, played 34mins mainly due to Satoransky not playing (beal playing some point, everyone moving 1 position down). Sell high?

Really exactly this. With a healthy squad, you run the risk of Parker not playing well and a game like the goose egg game happens with limited minutes. Parker has to play well to stay on the court with a healthy team as there are so many options Brooks uses. I think what 2 expect would be an inconsistent player from game to game, duds and big games mixed in. Pretty much what most have stated.

Edited by chud12
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

He was like a top-40 guy over the first 27-28 games of the season. Granted, that was with no Markkanen, Portis, or Dunn, but the potential is there. Even if he's only a top 60-75 guy ROS, that's pretty sweet for a guy you got for free off the wire, specially if you play in an 18-team league like I do.

Almost forgot to mention

tenor.gif?itemid=5467410

tenor.gif?itemid=5467410

tenor.gif?itemid=5467410

16 hours ago, simon said:

What if when SATORANSKY plays, Beal still plays alot of backup PG? and Randle doesnt PLAY MUCH, and PARKER plays a LITTLE more???

16 hours ago, simon said:

I don't think anyone's gonna buy, tbh. Unless they really believe in Parker and/or REALLY want that 4/4/4, basically everyone knows what they're getting when they pick him up. Granted, he's still young and still has potential to improve and be more consistent but grabbing him means you're riding out the highs and the lows. 

• Like 1

Jabari played well in his first 2 games as a Wizard (Satoransky played). His 3rd game as a Wizard he didnt do well (Sato did not play). His 4th game he balled out (Sato didnt play). I simply dont understand some of your logic. I really dont get why people think Sato's absence has anything to do with him blowing up. He was simply MORE aggressive than the previous game.

51 minutes ago, HelloMelo said:

Jabari played well in his first 2 games as a Wizard (Satoransky played). His 3rd game as a Wizard he didnt do well (Sato did not play). His 4th game he balled out (Sato didnt play). I simply dont understand some of your logic. I really dont get why people think Sato's absence has anything to do with him blowing up. He was simply MORE aggressive than the previous game.

Yeah mentioned before 3 good games out of 4 is all u really need from waiver wire pickup, especially with that 4-4-4 PO schedule. Unless you are in a shallow league, which waiver wire pickup isn't inconsistent from time to time

Edited by DezedandConfused
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, HelloMelo said:

What if when SATORANSKY plays, Beal still plays alot of backup PG? and Randle doesnt PLAY MUCH, and PARKER plays a LITTLE more???

ideal scenario for JP

5 hours ago, HelloMelo said:

Well if THAT were TO happen AND Parker got MORE playing TIME then MAYBE he WOULD help US win a CHAMPIONSHIP.

Edited by nospmoht04
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, m1dday said:

Good game, bad game, good game, bad game...

Damn it, just came in here to say that.  At least we'll have a good game from him next time, right?

4 minutes ago, MWon said:

Damn it, just came in here to say that.  At least we'll have a good game from him next time, right?

Tomorrow night, yep. But it’s Indiana so I was hoping he’d do well tonight...

Anyone else thinking of dropping him? Tyler Johnson looking nice on the waivers.

17 minutes ago, yeet said:

Anyone else thinking of dropping him? Tyler Johnson looking nice on the waivers.

The Suns are playing the Hawks, so those stats are probably inflated for tonight.

That being said, thank god I’m punting TOs because 6 is just insane...

Meh screw it, dropping him for a Sunday add.  Got Covington comin off of IL soon and I’ll need the spot anyway.

On 2/22/2019 at 6:55 PM, MWon said:

Wrong!

2 hours ago, Nica4two said:

Wrong!

Me: "Hey, he had a 12-4-7-2-1 line with 2 treys!  Not bad!"

Me, realizing the 7 is actually turnovers:  "How can you turn over the ball so much and still have 0 assists?"

Really solid line at the half, and I'm expecting him to do absolutely nothing in the second half. Would love to be wrong though 😂