Saucy

Jabari Parker 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Teams in first place or near the top in leagues should think about stashing if you haven’t already Added.  Three weeks until the deadline is worth the potential payout doing so. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Teams in first place or near the top in leagues should think about stashing if you haven’t already Added.  Three weeks until the deadline is worth the potential payout doing so. 

You really think the upside is so high with him?

5 minutes ago, Brandayz said:

Check out his gamelog from this season when he was playing meaningful minutes. He was killing! Def worth a stash if you're higher up in the rankings. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Brandayz said:

If he can get 25 min per somegwhere it’s def worth the potential investment. 

Edited by chud12
  • Like 2

I think he was putting up top-40 numbers early in the season, no? It'd be great if he got moved to Utah. If he's learned to give a little f--- on defense, I could the Jazz giving him a lot of freedom to ball since Gobert could cover for him.

Also, his upside on the Bulls will always be capped bc Parker can't play the 3. There's no room for him with Markkanen, WCJ, and Portis healthy as they can't guard SFs. 

Edited by claptondecheeks
  • Like 4

Seems like people consider him to be a carbon copy of a younger 'Melo, which I guess I can understand to some extent.  That considered, he seems to be a valuable producer both in reality and in fantasy, as long as the team he's on knows how to regulate and utilize his style.  I saw a report about a month ago that the Jazz were interested in him, as well as getting rid of Favors, and that Favors wasn't eligible to be traded until January 15th (yesterday).  Who knows if they share the same sentiments a month later though.  But I agree with the former posts that it is interesting they chose to give him minutes out of the blue against, you guessed it, the Jazz!

• Like 1

With the Carter news, Parker is prob a lock in the rotation going forward until the trade deadline. 

Hoping they keep Portis as the main backup PF/C and start Parker + Markkanen. Parker deserves it after last night and it might make things easier. A bonus would be that it'd give Markkanen that PF/C eligibility I've been waiting for all season.

Hopefully this doesn't doesn't motivate the Bulls to pursue that Parker/Kanter trade that's been rumored. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Boomdizzle88 said:

Who has more upside as a stash - Jabari or DSJ?

It all depends where they get shipped to (if they do) and there are so many variables it is impossible to predict with any accuracy. Therefore I'd stash the player based on need (i.e. your current roster construction).

8 hours ago, claptondecheeks said:

Hoping they keep Portis as the main backup PF/C and start Parker + Markkanen. Parker deserves it after last night and it might make things easier. A bonus would be that it'd give Markkanen that PF/C eligibility I've been waiting for all season.

Hopefully this doesn't doesn't motivate the Bulls to pursue that Parker/Kanter trade that's been rumored. 

I think preference still goes to Portis as a starter since they're looking to ship Jabari, but I could be wrong.

Also, why are you hopeful that this doesn't motivate that trade?  It seems like it would be good for Jabari's value at least.

8 minutes ago, Nica4two said:

I think preference still goes to Portis as a starter since they're looking to ship Jabari, but I could be wrong.

Also, why are you hopeful that this doesn't motivate that trade?  It seems like it would be good for Jabari's value at least.

Any trade would benefit Jabari but the Knicks have Vonleh (who I also own), Knox and Kornet, all of whom they're developing. 

A trade to the Jazz would be much better bc Parker would probably be the second option on offense behind Mitchell (or maybe third behind Ingles).

2 hours ago, claptondecheeks said:

Any trade would benefit Jabari but the Knicks have Vonleh (who I also own), Knox and Kornet, all of whom they're developing. 

A trade to the Jazz would be much better bc Parker would probably be the second option on offense behind Mitchell (or maybe third behind Ingles).

I've long thought the Jazz would be the most ideal landing spot for Jabari both in fantasy terms and real life. 

7 hours ago, claptondecheeks said:

Did rubio die or something?

22 hours ago, HelloMelo said:

Check out his gamelog from this season when he was playing meaningful minutes. He was killing! Def worth a stash if you're higher up in the rankings. 

This is just not true, he's still averaging 29 minutes on the season and is 201st overall in 9-cat with those minutes.

When you check the game log from earlier in the season there is a handful of games where he was indeed good, but even in that period the amount of trash games far outweighs those. He was 174th overall before his minutes took a dive (start of season till 08/12/18).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, qpeeters said:

This is just not true, he's still averaging 29 minutes on the season and is 201st overall in 9-cat with those minutes.

When you check the game log from earlier in the season there is a handful of games where he was indeed good, but even in that period the amount of trash games far outweighs those. He was 174th overall before his minutes took a dive (start of season till 08/12/18).

Understood. I guess I let the flashy points and rebounds stats get the best of me. Im still stashing him though.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, HelloMelo said:

Understood. I guess I let the flashy points and rebounds stats get the best of me. Im still stashing him though.

Not a fan of him IRL by any stretch as he's not a great player. However, the notion that he doesn't have valuable fantasy upside is false.  The last time Parker was fully healthy (2015-2016) he was a top-55 player who averaged 20.1 PPG, 1.3 3PG, 6.2 RPG, 2.8 APG, and 1.0 SPG on 49% shooting. Don't know that he'll ever get back to those levels but it wasn't too long ago. The upside is definitely there.

Edited by Purple Hippo
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, RingMyBell said:

Did rubio die or something?

a career 11 point per game player is someone that stands out as a big time "scoring option"? what exactly about rubios game screams scoring option lol?? must be the impressive %s

7 minutes ago, lacit1707 said:

a career 11 point per game player is someone that stands out as a big time "scoring option"? what exactly about rubios game screams scoring option lol?? must be the impressive %s

He can score big at times he is just unselfish.

6 minutes ago, RingMyBell said:

He can score big at times he is just unselfish.

Is that you Mrs Rubio??

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, mmcc1029 said:

Is that you Mrs Rubio??

No, but I think its funny yall think Jabari is going to get on the jazz and be somebody.  They have DMitch, Rubio, Ingles, lots of SF PF such as Korver, Crowder, so I just dont see it.  Maybe he can get 20 min off the bench.