Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DidiFan

August Closer Thread 2018

What are the odds the A’s use Treinen in key high leverage situations and use Rodney to close. As a Trienen owner I’m a little nervous 

5 minutes ago, Uncle Charlie said:

What are the odds the A’s use Treinen in key high leverage situations and use Rodney to close. As a Trienen owner I’m a little nervous 

Not going to happen. Like I said in my previous post, Treinen is a top 3 closer. 

19 minutes ago, DidiFan said:

Addison Reed just returned from an elbow impingement july 30th and has a 1.42 whip for the year seems odd to call him the likely closer. 

You absolutely must ignore any blue print in any RW blurb - it’s useless and often flat-out wrong.

8 minutes ago, Uncle Charlie said:

Vanishingly long

Rodney has to be nearing the record for most traded player by now.  Or most teams in a career. Or both. 

Just now, Baur10 said:

Rodney has to be nearing the record for most traded player by now.  Or most teams in a career. Or both. 

I feel like E-Jax must have that one

12 minutes ago, Uncle Charlie said:

I don't think Rodney's a threat to Familia as setup man, much less Treinen. Just bullpen depth.

13 minutes ago, Uncle Charlie said:

I don't see it. Trivino has been great and they haven't done that with Trienen. Other than Buchter, A's have no other LHPs in the pen.... that's Rodney's role.

“More like one in a billion”

Wade Davis getting roughed up...again...

Alexander in for the save opp - anyone know why?

2 minutes ago, dchamps said:

Time to add Ottavino where available?

Gotta think yes. They can’t keep blowing games as they’re trying to make the playoffs.

Just now, BMcP said:

Alexander in for the save opp - anyone know why?

Jansen is "under the weather".

Oh no - again?  I’m sorry to hear that.

Alexander ......so I rank all this mess like this : Jeffries , ottavino, Alexander , hildenburg. Reed 

Looking at Alexander's numbers, they aren't very good. His K% and BB% are both mediocre/bad. However, he has been elite at keeping the ball on the ground.

Does Knebel lose the job? We have already seen Hader and Jeffress get some chances over the past few weeks at saves

Found a bit about Jansen's heart history... man i hope this isn't serious.

Jansen spent a month on the disabled list during the 2011 season because of blood thinning medication he was taking to treat an irregular heartbeat. In 2012, he was out again after suffering an irregular heartbeat during an Aug. 27 appearance in Colorado. He underwent a procedure on his heart on Oct. 23, 2012, to return it to normal rhythm.

"Once he sees the doctors, the cardiologists - we'll know more about his timetable then," Roberts said.

5 minutes ago, MireLurker said:

Found a bit about Jansen's heart history... man i hope this isn't serious.

There was a time they were worried his career was over.  Hate to hear this kind of thing,  scary stuff