Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DidiFan

August Closer Thread 2018

My guess is Trevor May ends up being closer there, looks like he's rounding back into pitching shape after TJS.

Just now, TheBigBambino said:

Allen with the save tonight and it looked ugly

What was ugly about it? I didn't get to see it...just looking at the stats. Gave up a hit, struck out one, 17 pitches (11 strikes). The stats don't look bad. 

He almost gave up a tying homer. Two more feet and it would’ve been a tie game

33 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

What was ugly about it? I didn't get to see it...just looking at the stats. Gave up a hit, struck out one, 17 pitches (11 strikes). The stats don't look bad. 

Alexander brought in for LA bottom 9th and gets one out, gives up a hit then gets replaced by Chargois. Hmmm. 

Edit: Well that backfired. Should have left Alexander in. Trying to get too cute. 

1 minute ago, TheBigBambino said:

You are not wrong about him almost giving up the game tying HR.  I really thought it was gone for a few seconds.

Still, I wouldn't exactly call it ugly.  Granted hanging that breaking ball even once was too much, but otherwise he looked fine. I'm just going to be happy he got the save and didn't blow the win for Bauer. 

9 minutes ago, TheBigBambino said:

Well that's definitely not good, but I don't think that makes it ugly. 

38 minutes ago, Max Rockatansky said:

Dodgers bullpen not very good without Jansen.

Nope.  This is exposing their stupidity for not trading for another relief pitcher at the deadline even more apparent.  Obviously they couldn't have known Jansen was going to all of a sudden be out a month, but they still needed somebody.

At this point, they might as well just make the move to Maeda if Dave Roberts doesn't have enough confidence in Alexander to let him finish save opportunities more than once.

Love how the Dodgers have a stacked lineup and solid starting pitching but their bullpen is going to ruin them.

1 hour ago, B&F said:

Love how the Dodgers have a stacked lineup and solid starting pitching but their bullpen is going to ruin them.

We'll see how Maeda & Stripling do in the BP.  Wonder who, if either of them, will get save opps.

So Givens hasn't allowed a base runner in his last 4.1 innings... man he's had some nice numbers before this season, wonder if he's returning to form.

1 hour ago, QD43 said:

We'll see how Maeda & Stripling do in the BP.  Wonder who, if either of them, will get save opps.

If they don't, every Dodger fan in attendance for the next home game he uses some random bum in a save situation should get to bunch Dave Roberts in the nuts.

3 hours ago, SpartyinFoCo said:

Any idea when Morrow is coming back?

I asked that Q a page or two back. It's looking like somewhere around 2 weeks at the absolute earliest. He's progressing slowly. 

25 minutes ago, MireLurker said:

So Givens hasn't allowed a base runner in his last 4.1 innings... man he's had some nice numbers before this season, wonder if he's returning to form.

K i jinxed it. He didn't look too bad, but probably not worth the pickup right now. Will revisit in a week.

26 minutes ago, MireLurker said:

Jynx!

What is wrong with Kimbrel. This is getting absurd. Can’t get the bottom of the Orioles’ order out. 

I have Kimbrel and Jansen. Now they’re worth less than a turd. 

Thankfully he finally got 3 outs with 2 on. Kimbrel’s gotta get figured out whatever’s going on with him. Quick.